Cinder Vel

Silly Headcanons sharing

Hello fillies and gentlecolts! Come in and let's have some fun, shall we?  

So we all know that our dear MLP regularly spawns all sort of crazy theories, headcanons and fanons. So today I ask you to post examples of your headcanons about the show. If you don't have one then I encourage you to make something up. Share and let us talk and discuss about the fun parts of MLP. 

So I'll start with few examples:

1. :berrywut:
I like to believe that Berry is Scottish (or is that Scoltish?). Rather tame idea and mostly is there because just being alcoholic is trait that gets boring fast, or sometimes too dark. Also earth ponies really do seem to like all kinds of accents like Apple Southern, Pie Parents Amish, Octavia British, Spa Pony ummm I want to say Swedish.

2. :confused:
Derpy is out to get the main cast. She flat out attempted to kill Twilight with anvil and all sorts of things by "accident". And then the whole incident during the fixing of Town Hall with Rainbow Dash, a mess Derpy created herself. Also trying to replace Dash in the Equestrian Games. And even as a filly she bested Rarity at designing a better kart. And of course just being petty and locking the main gang out of the Cranky and Matilda's wedding. I am certain that Derpy Ditzy Bubbles Muffin Bright Eyes Blueblood the 3rd is not as silly and innocent as she appears to be.   

3. MLP Gen 1 did happen long ago and it is part of the now forgotten ancient history from the time before Windigos. You can decide if Gen 1 Tirek was same as the current one or is actually his ancestor. 

Those are some of my headcanons and I am sticking to them. Your turn starts... now!

• Like 9

My headcannon is that Newbie Dash never happened. It was just a nightmare that Dash had the night before WB training. Unfortunately, we never actually get to see what really happened on Dash's first day. However, I still prefer that over the train wreak we got. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Clark said:

My headcannon is that Newbie Dash never happened. It was just a nightmare that Dash had the night before WB training. Unfortunately, we never actually get to see what really happened on Dash's first day. However, I still prefer that over the train wreak we got. 

Newbie Dash? What's that? Never ever heard of it. ;)

• Like 3

Twilight secretly worships Big Mac's work ethic.

Pinkie Pie is a crazy pegasister IRL who somehow got sucked into the show.

Starlight had daddy issues.

Fluttershy loves fine cuisine. (due to all the slop she feeds her animals)

Discord is related to Darkheart from the second Care Bears movie.

Celestia's wavy mane is actually her cake senses.

Derpy has a part-time job as a plumber.

• Like 3

Princess Celestia and Luna (very especially Celestia) look like wimps because of commands from a higher power. Oh wait, it doesn't have to be headcanon because that's already true.

• Like 2

my headcanons are as follows (hey these are silly)

Nightmare moon is a heartless that found its way to Equestria

Starlight is secretly planning something evil

Applejack watches soap operas when no ones looking

Big Mac is secretly a circus strong pony (makes sense)

• Like 2

Finally, somewhere to post my conspiracy theories!

Ok, so get this. GlimGlam isn't really reformed. She's faking the whole thing. She's gaining the trust of those in high power (the alicorns and the wielders of the elements of harmony) in order to further her plans for a perfect, equal society. Think about it. Her small village was doomed to failure at some point. There simply wasn't enough ponies converted. Someone like Twilight Sparkle was bound to show up. So, GlimGlam fakes being reformed in order to gain the trust of Twilight. Over time, she's learning powerful new magic from her superior, Twilight. At the same time, she's also becoming a member of some of the most elite circles in Equestria, including personally knowing Celestia and Luna.

As we've seen with A Royal Problem, Starlight is powerful enough to tamper with the cuties marks of even Luna and Celestia themselves. We also know that their alicorn magic is tied to their cutie marks. Starlight Glimmer is planning to take away the cutie marks of all 4 of the princesses. By taking all of their cutie marks away, GlimGlam cements herself as the most powerful unicorn in Equestria. She also voids the rule of the princesses and the ability to use the Elements of Harmony against her. With opposition out of her way, she could easily impose her cutie mark-less society upon all of Equestria.

• Like 7

Phoenixes are generally depicted as immortal, but they can reproduce in this show.

They might not actually be immortal since reproducing can lead to overpopulation if left unchecked. Or maybe they are aware of their own population (a mental link?), and they can always choose to not lay eggs or even mate. Then again, they might just reproduce VERY slowly. On another hand, while they may not age, they can still be killed.

• Like 2

Cranky Doodle Donkey is a gamer. That's why he always looks listless and grouchy when forced to venture out into the harsh light of the Day Star.

• Like 4

My silly headcanon is that Pony Lyra Heartstrings & Human Lyra Heartstrings are one in the same &

she often uses the portal located at Canterlot High School to travel back & forth between the human world & Equestria.

• Like 2

My my my so many fun headcanons. Now the second part of my master plan!

@King Clark

Ehh understandable but bit boring.  Not a lot to comment about this one.

@EmployeeAMillion

1. No mare can resist Big Mac's work ethic! Twily is only a pony.

2. Pinkie had to travel back in time then. She is from the future!

3. Starlight had daddy issues? Oh my that's rather sad. What happened to her father? Did she...solve the issues?

4. Well Fluttershy seems to be also most similar to Rarity when it comes to finer things in life. Probably too shy to indulge herself often though.

5. Discord and Dark Heart I guess do have certain family resemblance.

6. Ah the mane always directs towards a cake. Or is more wavy depending of the cake proximity? Does Pinkie trigger the mane also? Also does Celestia call it Celestia's Sense?

7. Derpy Plumber? Does she also eat mushrooms and save princesses?

@ABronyAccount

1. Sombra sure is obsessed. That is why Crystal Empire became stagnant. He stopped the exports and kept it all for himself.

2. Well you win the most unexpected headcanon so far with Cranky Gamer. Now I imagine him and Steven Magnet playing games together. That is the real reason he didn't find Matilda until he was kicked out from his place after not paying his rent.

@Number?

1. Also known as Alicorn Curse. Twilight and Cadance have it too. The ultimate power comes at a price of never again being able to defeat an opponent in combat. Unless you get help or cheat.

2. Yeah the phoenix thing is rather weird and think they didn't understand the consequence of immortality/long life. I mean they never do as we can see from our resident immortals but still. I guess dragons simply keep phoenix population limited.

@Havocbyte

That's probably true. Less we worry about former tenants the better.

@Nightshroud

1. I have no idea what heartless actually are but I'll take your word for it.

2. Well of course she is. She is a former totalitarian leader of the revolution that will change all of Equestria! For the Greater Good mind you.

3. Woah woah woah, what? Equestria has TV?

4. I don't think Big Mac has time to be in circus when he has to work on the farm when certain other sibling is too busy having fun. I am looking at you AJ.

@Shadow Dash   

Ah I see, she is playing the long game. Clever girl. I didn't give her enough credit. But really it is brilliant. Fake your defeat not once but twice to throw our gullible heroes of guard and then earn the trust of the most powerful ponies. Chrysalis almost ruined her plan but well she won't bother anyone ever again...

@Sparklefan1234
The horror, Lyra then attended two schools. One in human world and other in pony world. Well unless she is like Pinkie and is actually swapping places with her counterpart.   

That was entertaining! Hope to see more crazy theories like these. 

• Like 2

Another "silly" headcanon I have is this one:

Rarity's birthday is October the 30th & instead of asking for presents for herself, she makes Nightmare Night costumes for her friends

as presents for them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

1. Also known as Alicorn Curse. Twilight and Cadance have it too. The ultimate power comes at a price of never again being able to defeat an opponent in combat. Unless you get help or cheat.

2. Yeah the phoenix thing is rather weird and think they didn't understand the consequence of immortality/long life. I mean they never do as we can see from our resident immortals but still. I guess dragons simply keep phoenix population limited.

1. Less so for Twilight. She was only hit at the end of season 6. And letting an alicorn cheat would be preferable to making sit on the side, but that's another issue. But yeah, I would like if the alicorns not named Twilight got to be more active in those kinds of episodes.

2. I don't think phoenixes have been featured that much in the show. That's kind of the same for dragons, but dragons still go more exposure. I would have liked to see more of the show's take on the other iconic mythological creature.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Number? said:

1. Less so for Twilight. She was only hit at the end of season 6. And letting an alicorn cheat would be preferable to making sit on the side, but that's another issue. But yeah, I would like if the alicorns not named Twilight got to be more active in those kinds of episodes.

2. I don't think phoenixes have been featured that much in the show. That's kind of the same for dragons, but dragons still go more exposure. I would have liked to see more of the show's take on the other iconic mythological creature.

1. Well she did fail to defeat Tirek on her own too and merely fought to stand still. Though she had 4 Alicorn curses at the moment so that is impressive. And she cheats the most with using friends! Cadance cheats by using Shining Armor. Luna and Celestia are the only honorable ones.

2. Well dragons might get more screen time because of dragon waifu Ember. Phoenixes less so. I do wish they would explore more greek mythological creatures like they used to do. Instead of creating...whatever was that thing in P.P.O.V. that likes sandwiches?

• Like 1

1. Unlike the other characters, Twilight was given a genuine chance to do something about Tirek. My problem is that none of the other characters were useful. I don't recall any rules being made for beating a villain, so I don't Twilight getting help from her friends to be cheating. But what you say is true, too. :approve:

2. The wiki called that creature in PPOV the "tri-horned bunyip". The bunyip is also a mythological creature like the others. They're ferocious (obviously) and carnivorous creatures that live in the waters. I'm sure the Internet can provide more info, though.

And I've got another headcanon. I've become bitter and jaded about the alicorns in MLP, but I previously did wonder how well they flied compared to Rainbow Dash. RD was always being touted as one of the fastest, or even the fastest, flying pony in Equestria, but the alicorns are conspicuously left out whenever comparisons among general ponies are mentioned. I would have said that Celestia and Luna could also fly very quickly and without magic, and they have their own version of the Sonic Rainboom. In their case, they'd make a magical sonicboom, though I'm not creative enough to give their phenomenon a name.

• Like 1

About dragons. Why in s6 ep5 we see only small dragons? And why actually Lord leaves his throne? I think, when dragon groves older, it starts to lose it`s mind and become just agressive animal without normal "human-kind" brain. So, all old dragons just not very clever to rule.

• Like 1

Davenport, owner of the seemingly haphazard outlet Quills and Sofas, has sister who also owns her own business! Her focus is a bit more coherent, though. It specializes in providing both dangerous snakes and, after seeing the potential for branching out, funerary arrangements.

It's called Hiss and Hearse.

• Like 1

Someone asking for headcanons... How did I miss this?

Well, these are probably very boring, but they usually find their way into any fic I write.

- Equestria's military has (or used to have) flying warships. Zeppelins or some sort of flying sail ships. It doesn't matter, though I prefer the later.

- Ponies were at war with gryphons at some time.

- The Royal Guard uses gold in their armors because it is easier to enchant than steel.

----------- Or, the princesses can enchant a special magical metal with their own particular brand of magic. That metal, of course, is particularly difficult to create and require an earth pony, who got the secret from their parents.

- Young ponies have crushes over the princesses.

- Luna freaks out when she finds dreams about that.

- Luna can find ponies up to no good because of their dreams that reflect their questionable ideas.

- If ponies, for some reason, can`t follow their cutie marks and use their talents in a satisfying way, they`ll eventually lose the shine in their coats and become depressed.

- Twilight will go berserk if she finds out children are skipping classes. She`ll hunt, capture and drag them back, with a long and boring speech about the importance of going to school.

- Crystal ponies are an offshoot of earth ponies that went to the north. The crystal-y coat makes them more resistant to the cold.

- Cadance is a helpless romantic and reads bad romance novels in her spare time.

Or is pretty much a ponified version of Aphrodite.

- Discord is gay. (don't ask, I don't know why I think this)

- There are traditional families that serve the princesses (the old ones...) as assistants, guards, councilors, servants...

- Princess Celestia often recieves rulers from other nations, seeking advice and assistance.

There are more, but this is too big already,.

• Like 3

*Puts on nerd glasses*

My head-canon is that Pinkie Pie does not break the law of physics. Rather, she masters the law of physics. Her tail has special electromagnetic properties, strong enough to align the polar water molecules such that it causes net electrical repulsion between her and the water, allowing her to float in mid-air. She also mastered the art of quantum entanglement and quantum tunneling, giving her the ability to teleport and break the fourth wall, respectively.

155156__unopt__pinkie-pie.gif

• Like 1

@ChB

Another headcanon I have is that MLP ponies aren't like real ponies but, are instead filled with fluff like Winnie the Pooh.

Which, explains why they are *so* huggable! 

• Like 2