VG_Addict

Who has the worst episodes?

Wait weakest or worst?

I mean Fluttershy has very weak episodes while Dash wins at having some of the worst episodes. I suppose Spike should be mentioned too as he had rather bad episodes in older seasons.

• Like 1

If you had asked me this question after season 5 ended, I would have said Spike. Now, I'm going with RD. When you have episodes as bad as 28PL and ND both airing in the same season (not to mention the other bad RD episodes that came out before S6), it becomes pretty hard to argue that any other character has had it worse.

Spike actually had a good s6. It was the complete opposite for RD.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Frécinette said:

Fluttershy.

I can't remember the last time a Flutters episode left me hyped.

Pretty much this.

Fluttershy episodes have a tendency to be very repetitive, IMO so, I'm not very excited when a new one is coming up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Wait weakest or worst?

I mean Fluttershy has very weak episodes while Dash wins at having some of the worst episodes. I suppose Spike should be mentioned too as he had rather bad episodes in older seasons.

Weak episodes don't generally rank high in my list so they're also the worst ones to me.

5 minutes ago, Frécinette said:

Weak episodes don't generally rank high in my list so they're also the worst ones to me.

Well that's fair I suppose. Just that for me weak episode would be boring episode which isn't same as bad episode that can inspire negative reaction. Well ok the last Fluttershy episode for me it was so weak that I consider it the worst episode of the season 7 so far.

• Like 1

I think its a bit of a tie between Spike and Applejack. In Spike's case, it seems like he used more often as the butt of all jokes than anything else and he doesn't really have an established character and is usually portrayed as whatever the episode needs him to be (see Tommy Oliver's video here for more details: 

The video may be a bit dated, but I feel the point still stands more than it doesn't.

In Applejack's case, it's almost the complete opposite. While Spike has weak episodes because of his lack of characterization, Applejack has a characterization that doesn't really need any sort of growth. She is already where she wants to be in life and besides her stubbornness (a part of her character that has already been tackled on numerous occasions) and family problems, there's not a lot to do with her. This is probably why she doesn't have very many episodes as the focal point when considering the series as a whole (as well as Spike's characterization problems being the reason he doesn't have many episodes as the focal point). While I agree that there are some weak episodes that concern Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, I feel that Spike and Applejack have the weakest episodes because of the problems that stem from their characterizations be it from the lack of a concrete one or one that doesn't give much to work off of and the fact that they are rarely the focus of most episodes is a definite sign of that.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:51 PM, VG_Addict said:

What character, in your opinion, tends to have the weakest episodes?

Sunset Shimmer

Edit: Sorry, I thought you said Movies

Sunset Shimmer

Edited by TheDevBin