LostSanity

Will the movie win the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2018?

Yes I know. This is practically like a topic @VG_Addict would make. To be honest... I'm surprised he hasn't made this yet. So I will. Besides... I'm legitimately curious what everyone else thinks.

As we all know... this movie is coming out in October. Which should mean that it should be out in the recommend time span for the next Academy Awards. (2018).

Now to be honest... I don't know what other animated films it would be up against or what it's competition would be. I was expecting it's main competition to be Toy Story 4 but it seems like that doesn't even have a release date yet. About the only movie(s) that may be it's toughest competition (that I can think of at the moment) currently is Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3.

But do you guys think the MLP Movie will win the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature when the Academy Awards roll around in February of next year? (2018)

To be honest... at this point... I wouldn't be surprised if it did win.

But will I like it if it wins? That I can't answer. It depends on if I'm still in the fandom or have quit and become an anti-brony by the time Academy Awards 2018 rolls around.

Remember... my current status is 90/10 to Stay. But there are already a chunk of episodes that will likely increase the percentage for me to quit/leave. But this isn't about this. Just thought I should give the reminder I guess.

This is simply about...

Will the MLP Movie win the 2018 Academy Award for Best Animated Feature?

What do you guys think? Or do you think it doesn't stand a chance against competition like Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3?

• Like 1

Don't be silly, VG_Addict would make a topic asking if the movie would not win anything or if it would make you quit MLP if it fails.

Hadn't watched either Despicable Me 3 or Cars 3 but well considering they are sequels I think that probably will hurt them while MLP has novelty on it's side and is unique in the sense that is 2D when everything is 3D. So hey shockingly there is a chance, I was skeptical about that. Though completely irrelevant about liking or disliking it, it just means that competition was worse. Anyway right now sure my guess is that there is chance but that's because Despicable Me isn't anymore interesting to me and Cars never was.

Wait wait wait...you are NOT anti-brony? Huh....well...color me surprised. Forget about reminding everyone that you might leave, I suggest better reminding everyone that you are a fan.

• Like 1

I still and consider myself a fan of the show yes. Though I'm still practically forcing myself to watch new episodes.

As I said my current MLP: FiM fandom status is 90/10 Stay.

But this is off-topic.

To get back on topic...

Just because Despicable Me 3 and Cars 3 are sequels doesn't mean they can't or won't win.

Toy Story 3 won the award just a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

Toy Story 3 is more of an exception rather than a rule. Yes it doesn't mean much but as I have yet to watch Despicable Me 3 or force myself to watch Cars 3 that's pretty much the only thing I could have taken into the consideration. And well you should know that novelty running dry is an actual issue.

From what I see the both Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3 have rather mixed reviews which is what I expected to be honest. If those two are the best competition than MLP has a shot. Any other contenders?

• Like 1

There is Coco from Pixar later this year.

Whether the movie wins an award or not is inconsequential to me, but then I'm indifferent to these kinds of awards and whatnot.

• Like 1

I guess the only thing to do at this point is to wait and see.

Unless a curve ball is thrown and an anime movie ends up as a nominee. Though one of those hasn't won the award since Spirited Away did.

• Like 1

Just remembered a trailer for a new animated movie coming out that could potentially be competition for it as well.

The Emoji Movie.

No I'm not kidding.

:stararity:

• Like 1

You know...

I'm actually starting to hope it doesn't win. Or is nominated but then loses.

Just so I can LAUGH AT EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT LOSING AND WHAT IT LOST TO.

Does this make me a bad person? Maybe.

Do I care? Not really.

:newspaper:

• Like 1

:ajlol:

Good.

This toxic fandom doesn't need it's ego bloated anymore than it already is.

I stopped wanting it to win and wanting it to lose badly awhile ago.

2 hours ago, LostSanity said:

:ajlol:

Good.

This toxic fandom doesn't need it's ego bloated anymore than it already is.

I stopped wanting it to win and wanting it to lose badly awhile ago.

Hey, it could be worse.

The Emoji Movie was being considered? I haven't seen it, so I don't know if I'll think it's that bad, but I know what fans of the MLP will say.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Number? said:

The Emoji Movie was being considered? I haven't seen it, so I don't know if I'll think it's that bad, but I know what fans of the MLP will say.

While I'm not entirely sure how the submission process works, I do know it's not the academy's doing (unless it doesn't meet all the qualifications, but even then, The Emoji Movie isn't to blame). Studios submit their movies and they appear on the list in the article I linked. Either MLP didn't meet all the qualifications or Hasbro or Lionsgate (not sure which one has to submit it) just didn't submit it for some reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Either MLP didn't meet all the qualifications or Hasbro or Lionsgate (not sure which one has to submit it) just didn't submit it for some reason.

...or someone forgot

Just now, PeeWeePhoenix said:

The Emoji Movie looks worth a watch

Like I said... it's not the greatest movie but I'd say it's not as bad as the reviews claim it is.