Sign in to follow this  
My Little Sentry

Well, it's official...

MLP has gone 100%, completely mainstream:

LUdEP2U.jpg

For those who don't follow politics in the US, this is a political cartoon published in mainstream media outlets which pokes fun at US presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton (wife of former US president Bill Clinton) who is one of the front-running candidates for next year's election. She's been the subject of considerable criticism lately due mostly to some less-than-entirely-truthful statements. 

Cartoons such as this which present political figures in charicature are extremely common, but this is the first one I've seen which actually used MLP as source material. 

Pony and phony aren't exactly a humongous leap, wordplay-wise, and the phrase, "My little pony" has been in the public's psyche since the 1980s. Cartoons have been parodying it for decades, so it only makes sense that political cartoons would do it as well. More than likely, the cartoonist just came up with the wordplay theme and looked up the logo, which is why the character doesn't really resemble anything from the current generation except maybe the general leg shape. So, I wouldn't exactly say it's going mainstream quite as much as it remains easily parodied, but if any hipsters want to freak out and jump ship, that's fun too. 

Boooo, we're losing our weirdness. I need to relocate to another underground fandom now.

Or join furries. Furries will always be weird.

Regular /mlp/

Evolve from "brony" to "horsefucker"

You have now transcended being a normie.

On 26.11.2015 г.,, RadioactiveNuke said:

I like to laugh at how stupid politics are.

Then I cry realizing these are the people running the country.

You mean running the world. It's more or less the same everywhere.... :doublefacehoof:

Except maybe Canada, Canada is special.