LittleLooney

Has the show strayed too far from Lauren Faust's vision?

On 7/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, LittleLooney said:

With all the major changes that have been made to the series in the last four seasons such as Twilight's ascension to royalty, the library being replaced with the castle, the elimination of the Elements of Harmony, Starlight Glimmer being added to the mane cast, and the existence of Equestria Girls, has MLP gone too far off course from Lauren Faust's original vision or do you think she'd be happy with the direction the show's gone in without her? What are your thoughts? Does it still feel like the show she originally created or have there been so many changes her name may as well not even be there anymore?

>Implying the show hasn't improved since S1

Except for "Mysterious Mare Do Well"...

And "Magical Mystery Cure"...

And "Feeling Pinkie Keen"...

And "Spike At Your Service"...

And "Dragon Quest" which is another spike episode...

And "Secret of My Excess" Which is another spike episo-

You know what, lets just put down any episode where Spike is in the frame for more than 3 seconds...

And season 3 as a whole...

And almost everything written by Merriweather Williams.

And did I mention any episode with Spike in it?

Other than that I don't see what you mean.

Edited by TheDevBin
Thanks for catching that "LittleLooney, I appreciate it.

I'm always up for changes that propel the overall series forward. There's no point to being stagnant about it. But I'm not really enthusiastic about where the third string writers have been taking things over the last two seasons. The overexposure inclusion of Starlight is a sign of desperation because they can't think of anything more to do with the Mane 6. A lot of the plots and stories are getting a bit flat too. I think Lauren Faust would have held the writers to a higher standard.

8 hours ago, TheDevBin said:

And "Feeling Pinkie Keen" Which is another spike episode...

Um, unless I'm remembering it very very wrong, Feeling Pinkie Keen is a Twilight/Pinkie episode. :?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleLooney said:

Um, unless I'm remembering it very very wrong, Feeling Pinkie Keen is a Twilight/Pinkie episode. :?

Feeling Pinkie Keen is indeed a Twilight/Pinkie episode. It's the one about the pinkie sense. :)