Badshot

RP Idea interest check,

Now that I got my new computer up and running, I figured I'd try to start up an RP now that I have a reliable machine. (this temporary keyboard is taking some getting used to however)

The idea I had in mind was an RP set in the Starbound universe. If you don't know what Starbound is it's like futuristic Terraria, with more detail. Several races each with their own characteristics and general personalities and styles. With what Chucklefish has put in in terms of lore its mostly just basic stuff that's mentioned and sorta background, leaving much to interpretation, making it perfect (for me at least) to do whatever the bloody hell I want with it.

Notes, there will be no ponies in this, if you want to humanize one of yours go ahead but make the name sorta humanish if you can. There will be other races you can choose from of course (save for Novakids, since they're sorta natural loners) and I have the start of a story in the works.

I will also be making the universe more populated, rather than sorta... empty, save for a few villages and an outpost. Think Star Wars populated, but still retaining a sorta joyful atmosphere (its not all dark and gritty with evil forces on the rise). So there will be things like colonies, cities, black markets, transportation hubs, bars, etc.

So what do you say? Interested?

Other than some optional behavior and background restraints, some races have requirements, like any Glitch player has to be one that progressed past medieval and was outcasted, as well they must speak like a glitch. Stuff like that, but much of it is optional, except the two I mentioned and a couple others.

Other than that, you can create your character however you want, I will go more into detail in the recruitment page unless you want me to now.

Hey, starbound rp sounds great, I really like the game although I admit being on a wait for a better full fledged release.

But sure I would be interested, I've played enough to know about some of the lore, just tell me when you need the character.

Been a while since I've seen a Badshot RP, and it's also been a while since I've played Starbound. I'd be up for bringing in an Avian, potentially- will have to think on the race.

Hmm... never done RP, but might as well give it a shot. I'm on the forums a lot lately, and I do love me some Starbound. Got a serious track record of having only Floran characters since Enraged Koala though, no point in breaking the streak now. :approve:

Sweet, I'm gonna be controlling 2 characters of my own and one of them is an unhabilitated floran that sorta... attached to the other and won't go away. Maybe they'll be friends :D

Also, I think this is enough interest to push forward with it, I'll post a recruitment soonish and finish up the base of the story. You'll find the rest of racial behavior restraints there, and optional racial stuff.

Survival sandbox, but Starbound adds a sort of adventure aspect since the world is quite literally limitless. Countless planets to explore and some quests to do to get access to stronger planets and make your ship bigger.

14 minutes ago, Yoko said:

I've only played Terraria soooo would I be able to understand what's going on?

Weeeell, as much as the two get compared a lot they're quite different games story and lore wise, even if they both employ some of the same mechanics. I'd suggest either giving Starbound a try (how you proquire the game is up to you) or read up on the various races and world on the wiki. Though nothing beats doing both! :sunset:

Sorry for being lazy, Warframe is stealing my time away plus with Holiday's rolling around I still need to edit some stuff and figure out the ending.

Also a bit of forewarning, Novakids will be unplayable due to their rarity, lone wolfness, and another reason I'm not telling yet.

And I have a feeling if I let it I'll have quite a few.

Alright, I believe the Recruitment is done after a few tweaks. Should be up later today, and by that I mean after I go to sleep and wake up.