I cannot be the only one.

We all wish for our own personal episode about some Grand epic adventure or a little back story. But what about just some good old-fashioned Slice of Life episodes?

I don't hear enough episode ideas about the Mane 6 meeting a Stan Lee pony who writes comic books inspired by them, or a episode about a rivalry between Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, or an episode about Rarity just trying to finish her errands but but is always stopped to help someone that not only takes up her time but also her resources and supplies which caused her to go back and buy more stuff just for it to be used up in another situation.

These are the ideas that I want to hear in this thread let me know what you got for a casual Slice of Life episode of My Little Pony.

our_cutiemarks_by_ndogmario-d9joj4b.jpgBoom! Episode idea!

Sweetie Belle figures that she been taking her family for granted
Sweetie Belle says how she can’t imagine what will be like without her dad. Then Apple Bloom sneaks in a joke somewhere about how neither Apple Bloom or Scootaloo “have no idea what it’s like to grow up without a dad”. Realizing what she just said , Sweetie Belle become shocked at her own insensitivity and apologize.
 So what Sweetie Belle does is try to share her parents with Applebloom and Scootaloo to try to help them know what it’s like to have parents.

Well I find your Rarity idea most interesting. Though can't really see Pinkie and Fluttershy have any sort of rivalry.

And um that "father" idea would require them to declare that Scoots doesn't have father and really sounds awkward as whole to have Sweetie Belle trying to share her parents.

As for Slice of Life style ideas of my own? Well I kinda gravitate more to giving background characters something to do. Like say Carrot Top stalking Apples because she wants to know how come Apples always have great apple harvests despite how many times their orchard was damaged and how come apples in show always seem ripe for the picking. Seriously besides winter episodes find me a time when apple trees don't have apples.

Or Derpy thinking that Dr.Hooves is interested in Roseluck and gets jealous.

Oh and Octavia waking up every morning to find there being an egg in her bed and then she would blame Vinyl for pranking her.

But regarding Mane Six... hmm I don't know. Pinkie Pie decides it is time to teach the twilight the art of pranking because she had super awesome fun idea and she needs Twilights help. But then Twilight starts getting little overboard and Pinkie realizes that she has created a pranking monster!  

On 7/25/2017 at 2:36 PM, Cinder Vel said:

Well I find your Rarity idea most interesting. Though can't really see Pinkie and Fluttershy have any sort of rivalry.

And um that "father" idea would require them to declare that Scoots doesn't have father and really sounds awkward as whole to have Sweetie Belle trying to share her parents.

As for Slice of Life style ideas of my own? Well I kinda gravitate more to giving background characters something to do. Like say Carrot Top stalking Apples because she wants to know how come Apples always have great apple harvests despite how many times their orchard was damaged and how come apples in show always seem ripe for the picking. Seriously besides winter episodes find me a time when apple trees don't have apples.

Or Derpy thinking that Dr.Hooves is interested in Roseluck and gets jealous.

Oh and Octavia waking up every morning to find there being an egg in her bed and then she would blame Vinyl for pranking her.

But regarding Mane Six... hmm I don't know. Pinkie Pie decides it is time to teach the twilight the art of pranking because she had super awesome fun idea and she needs Twilights help. But then Twilight starts getting little overboard and Pinkie realizes that she has created a pranking monster!  

Thank you for the compliment about the Rarity idea.

And you don't see Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy getting into a conflict with each other. Every time they are together there is some sort of conflict rather unintentional or passive aggressive remarks. Although it is very subtle. Think about it. Whenever Fluttershy argues its often with Pinkie Pie. 

The whole point of the "Sweetie Belle  shares her parents" idea it is that it's awkward. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom thinks it's sort of weird too. And what's wrong with confirming that Scootaloo doesn't have a father . she could easily have a single mother in theory.

And just like Applejack's parents, they don't have to say it, just heavily imply it.

And your background character ideas you had sound a bit fanfiction-ny

which is what I'm trying to avoid with these episode concepts.

But the one with the "Mad pranking machine Twilight" I can actually see happening as a canon episode.

You said rivalry between Fluttershy and Pinkie, not a conflict. I can of course see conflict due to Pinkie being oblivious and causing some problem to Fluttershy who in return doesn't know how to ask Pinkie to stop. Or Fluttershy asking Pinkie for help regarding some animal and Pinkie needing to be less hyperactive so she wouldn't scare the animal in question.

And yes I get that the point is to be awkward. I am saying it is too awkward, especially the AB joking about her and Scoots father being dead,. You mileage may vary as they say I suppose. And nothing "wrong", just saying that they'll most likely never reveal anything about Scoots parents.

And well I think my first idea background character idea can work if the focus is more on Applejack. I mean she has been in Ponyville almost her whole life and yet it seems like she never interacts with other farmers.

Also you posted this topic in the fanfiction sub-forum not in main MLP forum, so it is a bit weird to complain about fanfiction-ny ideas. Besides Slice of Life and Amending Fences used background characters so they can't be out of the question.