Sign in to follow this  
Steel The Bat

Team Balancing

This is an issue im gonna address now before it becomes a fun ruining problem for other players. I see we are getting a lot of PF2 players joining this community and a team balance function needs to be implemented that doesn't suck or allow team stacking though that last one is kinda hard to do or impossible idk.

Anyways the PF2 community is a competitive one and will most likely ruin the fun for lesser players like me. I say this coming from multiple accounts of this happening. They love to stack teams and have the excuse "i just wanna play with my friend" which is fine but being on the same server should be enough and keeping teams balanced should be a thing so everyone has fun regardless if they win or lose.

Im not gonna go into huge detail unless you want me to but this needs to be taken care of before it becomes a problem because players coming to play and have fun will have their good time ruined because of stacked unfair teams full of comp players who play to win rather than everyone having fun. Anyways thanks for reading and im sorry if i came off sounding rude but im only saying this because i don't want other players to get the wrong idea about the servers or forums. Again thanks for reading and sorry if i came off rude.

Configure an auto-balancing plugin to actually auto-balance the teams correctly balanced on set criteria. PF2 had issues with their plugin where most of the team the scramble wouldn't really do anything.

I have found a plugin that does this but it seems it is able to trigger while the player is alive. That is an issue.

Scramble-Modes

• 14 Sort Modes
    • 1 = Random
    • 2 = Scoreboard Scores
    • 3 = A ratio of score and connection time
    • 4 = Player kill/death ratios
    • 5 = Swap the top players on each team
    • 6 = Use GameMe rank
    • 7 = Use GameMe Skill
    • 8 = Use GameMe Global Rank
    • 9 = Use GameMe Global Skill
    • 10 = Use GameME session skill change
    • 11 = Use HlxCE Rank
    • 12 = Use HlxCE Skill
    • 13 = Sort players by player class
    • 14 = Plugin randomly chooses a mode from all the available

[*] Make admins, medics, or engineers immune from scramble

[*] Respawn everyone after scramble depending on time and setting

[*] Charge medic ubercannon if scramble occurs during setup

[*] Reset setup timer if scramble occurs during setup

[*] Disable immunities when too many players are immune

Auto-Scramble

• scramble when one team is over-powered
  • can trigger a vote instead of scrambling

Auto-Balance

• Dueling players immune from auto-balance
  • Balance valid players (admin, engineers, top scoring players, players helping their team (cp captures, flag touching, sentry destroying), and medics all can be made immune)
  • Force balance after teams have been imbalanced too long

Oh cool. That alive thing is a problem. Any idea how to fix it? and thank you a ton for actually listening to me. No one seems to listen to me. at least not on other forums..

That is the one I was talking about. Apparently it is the one with the issue living scramble issue.

Yes. This. Please.

This group has an incredible amount of talent playing in it, but damn it is hard to get the server going when one team is just rolling the other every round.

I once saw a server that had a plugin to automatically scramble teams at the beginning of the round without resetting the map time. Each round would be a unique skill distribution that way.

Just mess with gScramble's settings over the night next time an event happens. Once it's dialed in to be aggressive enough, that should keep it from being too bad for longer than a round.

Sign in to follow this