LittleLooney

What do you imagine Season 3 would have been like with 26 episodes?

Season 3, for whatever reason, is the shortest season of the show to date with only 13 episodes instead of 26. If the third season would have had the usual 26, what direction do you think they would have gone in?

• Like 2

We'll never know.

Because it was 13 episodes. Which is still the most ridiculous thing ever with a HORRID excuse.

11 minutes ago, LittleLooney said:

Season 3, for whatever reason, is the shortest season of the show to date with only 13 episodes instead of 26. If the third season would have had the usual 26, what direction do you think they would have gone in?

There actually was a reason for only 13 episodes. It was because of the first Equestria Girls movie coming out not too long after MMC.

But, about the actual question? Well, I found S3 to be decent, so I would expect the rest to be as well. The only big change that I imagine would happen if it is 26 episodes is the expansion of Magical Mystery Cure. In our S3, Magical Mystery Cure was only one part. But if S3 is 26 episodes, I am pretty much certain that MMC would be a two parter instead.

• Like 4

Well it would have been Season 3 with more episodes? More ponies, do we need to speculate further? Oh and Magical Mystery Cure being two episodes as Clark has mentioned. 

• Like 2

Not much different. I think that it might have changed the final episode from that "musical" to a normal two-parter. Do with that what you will.

Me, I think that it would've been the same as other seasons. One season opener, one finale and a load of filler, as far a the "season's story arc" is concerned.

Honestly, I don't see much of a difference.

• Like 1

If Season 3 of MLP: FiM had 26 episodes "Magical Mystery Cure" would have been given more time to develop it's story instead of being a

rushed one part episode.

I know the writers said that Magical Mystery Cure was the first part of Twilight Sparkle' s becoming an Alicorn with

"Princess Twilight Sparkle 1&2" being the followup episodes but, I think if MMC had been made a two part episode:

1. The switched Cutie Mark's would be a bigger deal than they were made out to be in the episode we got.

2. Twilight Sparkle's ascension to Alicornhood in the second part would feel like it was earned because,

we'd have to see Twilight struggling to find a solution to the problem that she caused instead of the "light bulb" moment

we saw in the original episode.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, King Clark said:

There actually was a reason for only 13 episodes. It was because of the first Equestria Girls movie coming out not too long after MMC.

Actually, it had nothing to do with Equestria Girls. It was a budget thing.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/04/director-panel-with-jayson-thiessen-and.html

Anyway, all I'm sure of is that the finale would've been 2 parts (and I think it would've worked better that way).

• Like 3

It's 13 episodes because they wanted that 56 quota for syndication, Hasbro never expected the show to get as big as it did

If it was 26 episodes, assuming the quality was consistent, the only changes would be that MMC is a 2 parter like the writers wanted and Rarity getting some episodes, and that the season wouldn't get so much heat as it does simply for having more episodes

• Like 1