Lonely Fanboy48

Equestria Girls Summer Shorts and a music video

I really have okay feelings for this since we already had 3 Specials that gave me mixed opinions about. Equestria Girls this year sometimes gives me mixed feelings. But I can't wait to watch theses interesting shorts. It's been 2 years since we got these. There's also a music video but to me, it kind of ruins the surprise since we saw it back at the end of March. Sure it's going to be in English but doesn't change anything.

• Like 2

It doesn't seem like these shorts are going to be released with the Magic Movie Night DVD so I have to wonder where we can view them outside of bootleg vids ripped from the Discovery Family airing.  I'm going to assume they'll be released on Hasbro's official YouTube channel at some point in the near future as well.

Bump.

So yeah, just watched them.  Judging from the trailer we saw it's obvious there are more of these on the way.  First the Magic Movie Night episodes and now these, yet no new movie in sight.  It's got me wondering what the future holds for the EQG brand.

EDIT:  I'm hearing at least 5 new shorts and 2 music videos.  I have no clue about a release schedule but people have been speculating it'll be weekly.  

Okay, for some reason, there were no shorts last night and tonight, despite being advertised on social media. They still seem to be showing up On Demand, so I'm glad for that much, but I still don't like how Discovery Family is advertising them on social media only to not air any.

By my estimation there's one short left that we haven't seen if you include the ones that turned up on OnDemand.  That being the music video with Pinkie Pie in her waitress outfit that we saw in a couple of clips during the promos.

The Summer Time Shorts are also trickling in on Hasbro's official YouTube channel.  Going by what they've released so far I'm assuming that they'll drop each Friday.  One music video followed by two shorts and then repeating this pattern.  Unless I'm wrong about this, the next short to show up with be Monday Blues this coming Friday.

Does anyone have the Discovery Go app. or OnDemand?  Can you confirm/deny whether or not there's a fifth music video?  We still seem to be missing one.

1 hour ago, J. Brony said:

Does anyone have the Discovery Go app. or OnDemand?  Can you confirm/deny whether or not there's a fifth music video?  We still seem to be missing one.

Both the app and On Demand have 4 music videos.

Hmm, well hopefully the Pinkie one will be released soon.  

Someone on the DF Twitter also mentioned one about Sunset Shimmer playing a video game.  He said it came from a misprinted video description.  Does anyone know anything about this?

5 hours ago, J. Brony said:

Hmm, well hopefully the Pinkie one will be released soon.  

Someone on the DF Twitter also mentioned one about Sunset Shimmer playing a video game.  He said it came from a misprinted video description.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Yes, that was me who mentioned it. I actually heard it from someone I know on a few other sites. His On Demand gave one short the wrong description (mine doesn't have descriptions for the shorts).

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/equestria-girls-epic-fails-short.html#comment-3471662071

Hmm, you're Toon4Thought?  I've seen you around the King's Lounge I think.

And I'm not sure how much stock I put in those erroneous descriptions.  Wasn't there another one that said Treehugger was teaching Pinkie Pie to express herself through art?  I'm almost positive that was referring to Art of Friendship.  The one you mentioned sounds almost identical to Jumping From the Pages, albeit with the character mislabeled just like the one I described.

4 hours ago, J. Brony said:

Hmm, you're Toon4Thought?  I've seen you around the King's Lounge I think.

No, I said that I know him and that it was his On Demand (although if you mean he mentioned it on Twitter as well, I didn't know that).

Wasn't there another one that said Treehugger was teaching Pinkie Pie to express herself through art?  I'm almost positive that was referring to Art of Friendship.

I honestly don't remember hearing about that, but Tree Hugger didn't even appear in The Art of Friendship.

The one you mentioned sounds almost identical to Jumping From the Pages, albeit with the character mislabeled just like the one I described.

Sunset Shimmer is playing a video game, not reading a book.

I'm just suggesting that both of those descriptions, the one mentioning Treehugger and the other with Sunset playing a video game, might have been errors.  I saw screencaps of both and to me they looked like they'd been translated from another language.  But then again they might be two entirely different episodes.  Only time will tell.