LostSanity

DREAM DROP DISTANCE REVENGE!! Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Remix thoughts/experiences

As convoluted as 3D was, it actually fit a lot of the pieces together. But really, if there's anyone to blame for all of this confusion:

IT'S THIS GUY!!

VEB31go.jpg

Honestly, once you get to the end, it'll be all explained.

This will likely be the shortest 'Part' yet.

Part 16: Grindfest

There is literally nothing of importance to talk about.

About the only thing that really 'happened' is that Sora met Roxas again and I guess Sora got Roxas' memories somehow. :rariwat:

Other than that... it was practically exploration until I got to the area where the final bosses are for Sora and Riku.

So I began my 'grindfest' as the title of this part implies.

Honestly...

It's going better than I expected it to.

I already have Firaga Burst from Majik Lapin. So now I'm trying to get Dark Aura from Ghotabocky and I'm attempting to see if I can get lucky and get Meteor Crash.

If I don't get lucky then Dark Aura will have to be good enough.

Either way...

I REFUSE TO ALLOW THESE RIDICULOUS FINAL BOSSES TO MAKE ME DO THEM OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN :twitwitch:

So... yeah...

I'll do the final bosses when I feel I'm ready. Which will be... as soon as I get Dark Aura. Maybe.

Next time:

More grinding.

FINAL REVENGE IS COMING.

WILL I ACHIEVE ULTIMATE REVENGE AGAINST THIS GAME AND IT'S RIDICULOUSNESS?

Who knows. The only way to find out is to wait and see.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

So... that didn't take as long as I thought it would.

I have Dark Aura now and even got lucky and got Meteor Crash. I got lucky again and was able to create Ryu Dragon and get Superglide.

So... at this point... I think I'm probably about as ready as I'm going to be.

Yep.

Next time:

FINAL REVENGE (?)

Part 17: Confusion Convolution

Yep. It's ENDGAME time.

Are you ready?

BEGIN FINAL REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :anger:

Sora continues and gets confronted by Braig/Xigbar again. As well as Xemnas.

Despite everything... Sora doesn't care if he was chosen by the keyblade or not. All that matters is that he is a part of those that were chosen by the keyblade. Just regular Sora mantra really. It pretty much ends with Sora stating that his friends are his power. Just like what he said in KH1.

Were left with... Xemnas.

Well... THIS FIGHT. :applejargh:

It would have been COMPLETE FINAL REVENGE if this asshole wasn't so cheap with his attacks. :angrytwi:

I mean I was doing okay... but his circling light saber shots got me a Game Over. :flutterrage:

TAKE 2. :anger:

2nd time was MUCH BETTER.

The key is basically to use Sliding Block to hit him into the air to flinch him and either punish with commands (which is pretty much what I did) or regular combos.

Sonic Blade is once again a SAVIOR for this. Salvation... did okay. Balloonga worked well too.

I probably could have used a Dual Link too and should of but kept forgetting. :confused:

It really didn't matter though. I mean... if this ASSHOLE DIDN'T HAVE CHEAP ATTACKS I WOULD HAVE WON ON MY FIRST TRY AND GOT TOTAL AND COMPLETE REVENGE. :applejargh:

*sighs*

Well... it only took me 2 tries. Which is SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than how many tries it took me on the original 3DS. I don't remember how many attempts it actually was but it was MUCH MORE THAN THAT I ASSURE YOU.

But was victory really achieved?

Apparently not.

The Mysterious Guy that's been appearing constantly in this game, now revealed as Young Xehanort, appears and reveals to Sora that he didn't win and that he will be the new vessel, the 13th vessel, for Xehanort. OH WONDERFUL. :applejackhate:

Yeah...

Looks like we've got a role reversal here. Sora was the one saving Riku in KH1. Now it looks like Riku has to do the same for Sora.

On to Riku ENDGAME.

We continue and come across the sleeping Sora. But before Riku can do anything... an Organization 13 cloaked Nightmare shows up to impede our progress.

YOU. I HATE THIS ENDGAME BOSS TOO. :flutterrage:

However... well... first off... boss theme.

You know... I can't really say much for this fight.

Why?

BECAUSE FIRAGA BURST AND DOUBLE FLIGHT. THAT'S WHY. :chillin:

Well that, Dark Aura, and Meteor Crash. I'm SO GLAD I was able to get Meteor Crash. Seriously. :awesomecheer:

So... yeah... this fight didn't take me long. At all.

Afterwards... Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless reveals the truth to Riku and drags him into darkness.

Riku is pretty much annoyed with this guy 'haunting' him. SO AM I. JUST STAY DEAD ALREADY. :applebelch:

Despite everything that has happened and everything Riku is done... he's determined to bring Darkness to Light.

GO RIKU GO. :gleepony:

Yep. Here we go.

You know... I really want to say stuff about these bosses. I do.

BUT AGAIN. FIRAGA BURST. DOUBLE FLIGHT. :chillin:

Once I got this jerk on the ground with a Reality Shift it wasn't overly difficult and, just like with the Anti Black Coat Nightmare, I won relatively quickly.

Then the jerk tries to copy off his final from from KH1 and throws it at Riku.

YEAH. I DON'T SEE IT ENDING ANY DIFFERENTLY BUT GO AHEAD AND TRY. :eyebrow:

Anyway... Part 2...

Sonic Blade was my savior for Sora.

Dark Aura and Meteor Crash was my savior for Riku. Particularly Meteor Crash.

HAVING THIS COMMAND PRACTICALLY ASSURES VICTORY IN THIS FIGHT. EVERY METEOR HITS HIM. HE'S THAT BIG OF A TARGET.

Plus... when he 'blasts you away' using Dark Aura teleports you right back to him.

LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE AMAZINGNESS OF FIRAGA BURST AND DOUBLE FLIGHT TOO. :chillin:

So yeah. This took longer than the other fights but... the result wasn't any different.

Which basically means... VICTORY.

After all this... Riku finally returns to the 'real world.' Or to the real World That Never Was anyway. He searches for Sora. And Sora's Meow Wow and his Komory Bat from the beginning of the game help him find him with a reality shift.

Too bad it seems as though it's too late. As the 'real Organization 13' make their appearances. Though the identities of a few are only given to us. It's pretty much the '13 Darknesses' talked of in legend that Xehanort wants to create 'other hims' of. BECAUSE ONE OF THIS CHEATING ASSHOLE ISN'T ENOUGH APPARENTLY. :applebelch:

Mickey appears and attempts to save the day with STOPZA but Young Xehanort cheats and somehow is still able to move during it. Things are pretty much horrible.

Which leaves Riku to fight Young Xehanort.

OH GOODIE. THIS RIDICULOUSNESS. :applejargh:

Welp... here we go...

:anger:

I HATE THIS FIGHT. SERIOUSLY.

I mean don't get me wrong... it's not that I died multiple times or anything or even got a Game Over. Because I didn't. BUT SERIOUSLY. :flutterrage:THIS FIGHT.

This asshole is RELENTLESS. I'm not good at dodging so I had to practically jump in the air constantly and abuse Firaga Burst to win.

It got the job done... but... I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO DO THAT. THIS FIGHT IS JUST BS. SERIOUSLY. :anger:

Plus... I got stuck having to sort of 're-fight' him a couple times. Because of his TIME STOP and YOU SHALL WANDER FOREVER cheating.

For some reason... I struggled with the Reality Shift. This only made it worse. The only blessing is that he only has about 1 bar of health when he 'recovers' and Firaga Burst pretty much depletes it in one go if every attack hits him.

Eventually I completed the Reality Shift... and we fight a clock. Honestly... I was surprised when I didn't have to re-fight him multiple times again. I guess I was fast enough. Mostly though... ABUSE DOUBLE FLIGHT. All his attacks are ground attacks so just Double Flight and use commands in the air. That's really the only 'advice' I can give you with this part.

Even though it took longer then it should have... VICTORY.

Despite all this... Master Xehanort still makes his return and makes his convoluted speech on how he PLANNED EVERYTHING that has happened in the series.

I'm not going to explain this. I'm really not. Because it's pretty much what I titled this part. Confusing Convolution. If someone else wants to... have at it.

But here's the gist:

HE CHEATED AND USED TIME. JUST LIKE A CERTAIN OTHER CHARACTER I KNOW WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS *coughStarlightGlimmercough*

This series was complicated enough already. But adding time travel? UGH. JUST UGH. :doublefacehoof:

Anyway... he tries to make Sora his vessel and it seems he'll succeed... UNTIL AXEL/LEA SAVES THE DAY. THANK GOD. :applejackhate:

Then... another member is revealed. It's Isa/Saix. YES. THIS GUY WAS RIDICULOUS ENOUGH IN KH2. :angrytwi:

Sora is 'saved' sort of as the real Organization 13 run out of time and they return to whence they came. But not before Xehanort claims that the clash between the '7 of light and 13 of darkness' is ordained to happen, which will apparently create the X-Blade and make the real Kingdom Hearts appear.

With that... everything is fine... right? Not really. Sora is still in a sleeping state. But because Riku unlocked the 7 sleeping keyholes, Yen Sid states that he may have the power to awaken Sora's heart. Despite the dangers... Riku dives one more time into Sora to awaken him.

Like I said. Role reversal. Sora saved Riku now Riku is saving Sora. BETTER REDEMPTION THEN... well you know. :newspaper:

When Riku arrives though... Sora is clad in a Nightmare version of Ventus' Keyblade Armor. Then...

FINAL BOSS FIGHT.

Well... this fight is nothing compared to the previous one.

In fact... this fight is easy compared to the last one.

Again... FIRAGA BURST AND DOUBLE FLIGHT. Dark Aura helps too though.

At the end of the fight... it's Shotlock vs Double Link and really all you have to do is spam X to win.

ALMOST SEEMS CHEAP WITH A FINAL BOSS LIKE THIS WITH WHAT THE LAST BOSS DOES. :twitch:

Whatever. Victory.

With this... we get a weird KH1 and KH2 beginning sequence at Destiny Islands with Riku meeting Roxas, Ventus, and Xion and answering weird questions. With this done... Ansem the Wise makes his re-appearance and assures that Riku did what he came to do. Sora is awake. Him answering the questions did it apparently. Plus... he reveals Sora's special ability. Which seems to be to bring back those that seem to have been lost to us forever.

In other words... it's pretty clear here that Sora is key to bringing back Aqua, Ventus, and probably Terra too. With that.. Riku leaves.

Back at the Mysterious Tower... Sora is fine which relieves Riku. But Sora seemed to be more worried about Riku. NEVER CHANGE SORA. NEVER CHANGE. :mlp_DERPE:

With that... Yen Sid reveals the new Keyblade Master... it's Riku. Sora is happy for Riku and heads off to... do something apparently.

Also... Axel/Lea is a Keyblade Wielder now too apparently. WAIT WHAT?! :rariwat:

After the credits (which is after this) it's revealed that he went back to the sleeping worlds to thank the Spirits.

That's it. END GAME.

So let's review FINAL REVENGE score:

4/5. BECAUSE XEMNAS IS CHEAP.

GOOD ENOUGH.

FINAL REVENGE COMPLETE.

I didn't get the secret scene. Because I'm not good enough to get secret scenes.

So that's it.

Overall... I DID SO MUCH BETTER THAN I DID ON THE 3DS IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I still don't know why I did so badly on this game on the 3DS. I guess I just didn't know what I was doing. But I did this time. Which probably made the difference.

BUT WAIT. WE'RE NOT DONE YET. THERE'S STILL 2 MORE GAMES ON THIS REMIX.

Next time:

ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER CUTSCENE EXTRAVAGANZA? BECAUSE I AM. :ajlie:

(in case you can't tell... that was sarcasm)

(in other words... Kingdom Hearts Back Cover cutscene extravaganza is next)

Part 18: Master of Betrayal

So... the cutscene extravaganza wasn't really overly long and I completed it in one sitting.

It seems to be about as long as your average movie (an hour and a half to 2 hours long)

As for what happened...

I'm not giving full details.

So... if you really want to know everything... here:

Here's a TL;DR version by... yours truly. :mlp_DERPE:

There are 5 apprentices lead by one master who are given a Book of Prophecies that states what will happen in the future but there's a Lost Page that states one of them is a traitor and the 5 apprentices pretty much have a falling out over which one of them is the traitor causing them to pretty much fight each other.

Whose the real villain in all this you may ask?

WHY THE SO-CALLED MASTER OF COURSE. WHO ELSE? :angrytwi:

So... yeah...

You want full details?

*points to above video*

Next time:

Birth By Sleep 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage.

a.k.a.

KH3-esque remake of Birth By Sleep Secret Episode.

In other words...

:anger:

On 9/30/2017 at 1:57 PM, Toki Zensekai said:

So I haven't exactly read through all of your progress, but did you ever fight Jason?

Who?

Are you talking about the Dream Drop Distance secret boss? If so then no. I'm not doing that.

Anyway... before I continue my thoughts...

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2...

ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS THEMSELVES A FAN OF THIS SERIES NEEDS TO PLAY THIS. SERIOUSLY.

IF THIS IS HOW KH3 IS GOING TO BE DONE (which I'm guessing it is) IT WILL EASILY WIN 2018 GAME OF THE YEAR. IT'S THAT GREAT AND THAT AMAZING.

SO DON'T USE USE THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO JUST NOT PLAY IT.

THIS SHOULD DEFINITELY BE PLAYED BY ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS THEMSELVES A KINGDOM HEARTS FAN.

With that said...

Part 19: Lonely Aqua

We start with Yen Sid meeting and/or talking with Riku and Kairi. WHAT WHAT?! :applejackhate:

Yeah... this makes more sense if you get the Dream Drop Distance secret scene. BUT I DIDN'T. SO YOU KNOW. :rariwat:

It pretty much states what we kind of already knew. Terra, Aqua, and Ven need to be rescued. This is the part where Mickey reveals that he saw Aqua in the Realm of Darkness.

Then... we get a sort of overview of Birth By Sleep. Sort of. With a techno Simple and Clean theme.

With that...

We see Aqua again. :gleepony:

But... she's in the Realm of Darkness. :cry:

Or... is she...? :stararity:

Because she appears to be in the Sleeping Beauty/Castle of Dreams world.

As she continues... she meets the Heartless.

Then...

So... the battling...

It's like KH2 with bits of BBS thrown in.

As exploration continues, Aqua comes across the Castle Town and tries to make to the castle... but... the bridge collapses. With the clock going all time fast forward on us. :rariwat:

But hitting gears that seem to be around the area restores one hour of time. But time doesn't exist in the Realm of Darkness. Aqua is pretty depressed during all of this to due to memories of what happened during BBS keep coming back to her.

SHE NEEDS A HUG. I'LL HUG YOU AQUA. :sweetieyes:

Anyway... exploration in full. The more gears you hit... the more abilities and gameplay is unlocked.

Double Flight, Magic, Air Slide, Shotlock, etc.

Plus... the heartless? Some of them are familiar. BUT THERE ARE NEW ONES TOO. :gasp:

I.............

I CAN'T TAKE THIS. IT'S TOO AMAZING. :awesomedash:

After all the gears are hit... Aqua continues and is still in sorrow. But tries to focus on the present and not the past.

TOO BAD A FREAKING TOWER OF SHADOW HEARTLESS BREAKS HER CONCENTRATION. :applejackhate:

Official name: 'Demon Tower'

:why:

DOES THIS MEAN KH3 IS FINALLY GOING TO BE RATED T FOR TEEN?! THAT WOULD MAKE IT EVEN BETTER. THIS ISN'T FOR KIDS ANYMORE. :newspaper:

Almost forgot. New Boss Theme. IT'S KICKIN. :chillin:

DO I EVEN HAVE TO SAY IT?!

:awesomedash:

As she continues though... she's eventually impeded by A FREAKING DARKSIDE.

LET OFF. :anger:

It's an intense fight but victory is achieved.

Aqua comes across a mirror... AND GETS LITERALLY DRAGGED INTO IT. :gah:

So... yeah... Dwarf Woodlands/Snow White part apparently.

A voice taunts Aqua. It's eventually revealed... to be all her weak and doubting thoughts. In other words... her Phantom. Which has to be fought. MULTIPLE TIMES. :angrytwi:

Plus... Mirror Worlds have to be explored/cleared and the mirrors 'shattered' to continue.

The Phantom Aqua fights... well... I don't have a walkthrough for this. So some I did okay on... some... not so much. I guess all that really matters though is coming out victorious. Which I did.

After all this...

Enchanted Dominion/Sleeping Beauty part.

This is getting more tragic as it continues... especially as Aqua begins to see phantoms of Terra and Ventus. :cry:

Darksides impede her path as well as more Heartless. It's actually quite the struggle at times. But no Game Overs.

Eventually... Aqua comes across Terra and Ven again. But this time... THEY SEEM TO BE REAL. :applejackhate:

Terra can't see anything apparently. Even Ven who is right there. But Aqua can. Aqua explains. But it seems to once again them appearing as a part of Aqua's hearts desires. :sadpie:

Things only get worse when Terra-Xehanort reappears. But before anything WORSE happens, Terra fights it off. Just when it seems like Aqua is about to be lost for good... she appears in the true Realm of Darkness. With Mickey.

We're forced to fight another 'Demon Tower' with Mickey's help. SIGNIFICANTLY HARDER than the first Demon Tower. I almost lost. But I didn't somehow. Linking with Mickey seems to help A LOT in this fight to achieve victory.

Afterwards... Aqua and Mickey converse and Mickey states he's looking for the Realm of Darkness' key to seal Kingdom Hearts on the Realm of Darkness side. In other words, THIS CLEARLY TAKES PLACE DURING KH1. :stararity:

I thought I could complete this in one sitting. I really did. But it's taking longer than I thought it would. So I chose to stop here.

WOW.

JUST WOW.

THIS.

ALL OF IT.

GO PLAY IT. RIGHT NOW.

IF THIS IS HOW KH3 IS... GAME OF THE YEAR 2018 HANDS DOWN.

Next time:

I'm actually worried what this INSANITY is going to throw at me next. With no walkthrough... I legitimately have no idea. I guess... I'll just have to wait and see. Plus try my best. Obviously.

SHOT LOCK ABUSE. :mlp_DERPE:

(actually you can't really do that. I'll just... have to improvise I guess. :wtf:)

Next time:

True Realm of Darkness. WITH A PARTY MEMBER THIS TIME. (Mickey)

THIS. IS. AMAZING. :awesomedash:

This one didn't nearly have as many parts as my FFXV one did. Ah well.

Part 20(Final): Prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3

We continue exploring the true Dark World with Aqua and Mickey. Fighting more Heartless.

Eventually... a bright light is found. Isn't this the EXACT OPPOSITE of what is supposed to be in this world?! :rariwat:

It turns out to be...

Destiny Islands. OF COURSE. :sadpie:

Aqua reveals to Mickey that she was here before and she met two boys. Mickey reveals that the two boys she met are the same ones helping him attempt to close the world on both sides.

However... ANOTHER DEMON TOWER APPEARS. Though this one... is different.

In other words... FINAL BOSS.

I swear. If all the KH3 themes are like this... more proof of Easy Game of the Year 2018. :awesomedash:

This fight is pretty intense honestly. I almost lost. AGAIN. But somehow I didn't.

Despite the intensity of it... victory is achieved. That's all that matters after all. :chillin:

The door to where the heart of Destiny Islands was supposed to be is finally opened... behind it... lies...

The Keyblade to Darkness. In other words... the Gold Kingdom Key that Mickey wields from the first two games. :applejackhate:

Mickey takes it and now we wait for a certain... other person to arrive. That person arrives shortly thereafter. BTW... I'm talking about Riku.:stararity:

The Heartless go after Riku but Aqua practically sacrifices herself to save Riku. NOT AGAIN. :cry:

After all of this... we see the end of KH1 again. Aqua ends up at a dark beach with someone in an Organization 13 cloak. IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS? IF IT IS... KICK HIS ASS AQUA. :angrytwi:

Plus... Riku is mad about not being told this earlier. But they didn't because Yen Sid and Mickey realized that if they did he, Sora, or both of them would attempt a reckless rescue attempt. YEP. SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. :awesomecheer:

Riku is more like Sora then he wants to admit. Even though he claims he's supposed to be the 'role model'

Regardless Kairi wants to help and apparently Merlin the the 3 Sleeping Beauty fairies are over-seeing the training for new potential keyblade wielders. Including Lea/Axel. Which annoys Kairi but she is convinced to trust him by Riku and Mickey after she learns he saved Sora.

Riku and Mickey decide to go attempt to rescue Aqua. Their given briefcases that will supposedly 'shield them from the darkness' and they go off on their way.

Sora returns, refusing to say what he did, but missed his friends. YOUR ALWAYS TOO LATE SORA AREN'T YOU? :mlp_DERPE:

Because of everything that happened in Dream Drop Distance... Sora needs to get his strength back. In particular... his ability to bring those 'lost' back to the realm of light and/or back to life. (presumably Ventus and possibly Terra) So Yen Sid suggests meeting with a certain 'hero' in order to do so and to trust his heart, as listening to his heart seems to be what will lead to this apparently.

BTW... this 'hero' Yen Sid is talking about appears to be... Hercules. Honestly... I don't see how this makes sense but whatever. :rariwhat:

Sora, Donald, and Goofy head out but Sora doesn't know what to do. Until Goofy says the saying from Back Cover. 'May your heart be your guiding key.' Somehow this leads to Sora unlocking a gate with his keyblade and the group is off in the Gummi Ship to Olympus Coliseum. Again, I have no idea how this makes sense but whatever. I guess? :eyebrow:

Yep. That's the ending of the game. Looks like I stopped right at the ending. Whoops. Oh well. :confused:

Seriously though. GO PLAY THIS. RIGHT NOW. It's better experienced yourself then listening to my thoughts and experiences on it.

With that... I now wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. Seriously though... if it's like this... EASY GAME OF THE YEAR 2018. :awesomedash:

That's all everyone.

I'd say I got my REVENGE on Dream Drop Distance for the most part. I'm even MORE hyped for KH3 now thanks to Birth By Sleep 0.2 :gleepony:

With that... this thread dies. I guess.

Next time:

Digimon Comeback Part 2!! Digimon World Next Order thoughts/experiences.

WHY? BECAUSE IT'S DIGIMON THAT'S WHY.

:chillin: