LostSanity

Digimon Fan Club

I can't believe there isn't one on here yet.

So I'll do it. :chillin:

Not that it matters. Because I'm clearly the only fan of it on here. I'll post on here by myself then. :newspaper:

6af4aaab38a6bd2590404590c5ecfde9.png

Talk everything Digimon here.

THE DIGIMON COMEBACK IS HERE.

Digimon Tri.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (SO. FREAKING. GOOD.)

Digimon World Next Order

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker Memory (COMING NEXT YEAR)

THANK YOU. MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

Now if only Digimon Fusion Season 3 and Digimon Appli Monsters would get an english dub... :cry:

Also keep an eye out for my thought/experience post on Digimon World Next Order. Which will be up once I'm through Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Remix.

Although... apparently... it's the Digimon version of Persona 3 FES "The Answer" (RIDICULOUSLY HARD) :twitwitch:

Do I care?

NAH. IT'S DIGIMON. Besides... I'm a persistent bastard.

Now...

WELCOME BACK DIGIMON. WE MISSED YOU. Well... I missed you. :yay:

Now...

PROTECT THE DIGITAL WORLD

I used to love watching Digimon on Jetix back in the day.

The season that I remember watching the most was Tamers. (Season 3.)

• Like 1

This was the first Japanese cartoon I ever watched back when I was still in elementary school (start of 00s I guess?). I just loved Digimon Adventure. I didn't care much about later installments as they were all set in their own settings and most weren't even aired here since 02 was on a Bosnian television and quite few years after original run and that dub used American names which confused me. My original Dub used Japanese names.Tamers I remember seeing on an Italian channel Rai (not sure if it was Uno or Due) before 02 and naturally I had no clue what was going on. Change of setting and foreign language left me confused. Frontier was again on Bosnian channel but the no partner aspect annoyed me was yet another setting change. Data Savers and Xross wars I watched online and well I guess they are fine but not that memorable or nostalgic for me.

Anyway to this day I still remember theme songs with fondness.

I could probably list soundtrack after soundtrack from each series but lets leave something for later posts.

Oh right also Tri is still ongoing and I can't wait to finish it. Um no feelings regarding Appli thing since it is again a change of setting and it seems to be it's own "Appmon" franchise. Might check out subbed episodes I guess.

• Like 1

I remember Data Savers being called "Data Squad" here in America. 

It had a completely different art style compared to the other four seasons. 

It was also the very last season to air on Toon Disney/Jetix until sometime in the late 2000's/Early 2010's when Nickelodeon got the rights and started airing Fusion. (Or Xros Wars in Japan and other countries.) 

I've seen every Digimon series there is except Fusion Season 3 and Appli Monsters (because there's no english dub :cry:)

I plan on watching Tri as well but I might wait until all Movie 'Part's' are out.

I've also been support the new games that have been coming out because I want the Digimon video game comeback to continue. I didn't even care that Cyber Sleuth didn't have an english dub. It was easily overlooked due to the AMAZING CONTENT.

What's wrong with watching english subbed videos? And Fusion season 3 really feels like it's own thing since the actual series ended with second season.

Oh also anyone read Digimon Manga? I didn't search it yet but I am curious if someone did.

8 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

What's wrong with watching english subbed videos? And Fusion season 3 really feels like it's own thing since the actual series ended with second season.

Oh also anyone read Digimon Manga? I didn't search it yet but I am curious if someone did.

Nothing. I just don't like it.

I can watch those subbed but I just don't know where to.

Well I just find native language to be more fitting. Dubs aren't just translations as translators take more liberties. Like in English Digimon Adventures they completely removed music and added jokes everywhere (don't know about plot differences). Though to be fair that was different dubbing era and I was far more exposed to subbed cartoons or foreign cartoon channels.

Anyway I am sure kisscartoon or some other site has the episodes. Or some dedicated anime site.

I'm still holding out hope for a dub honestly.

But if it takes too much longer I may grit my teeth and attempt to find subbed versions.

I only watched the first nine episodes of the first series (plus the movie). They were pretty good.

Digimon.Adventure.full.67009.jpg

• Like 1

@Cinder Vel What's your favorite Digimon? I think my favorite is Tentomon, though Agumon and Gomamon are also great.izzy_and_tentomon_by_orionstorm.jpg

Picture by OrionStorm

• Like 1

@ChB

164px-Tailmon_ringless.png
Well since you only saw Devilmon arc you probably can't guess my pick. Tailmon aka Gatomon is my favorite. She is adorable and gets more unique arc compared to other digimons.

After her come Gomamon and Tentomon though. I like the carefree attitude of Gomamon and Tentomon has best designs. 

Special mention goes to Ogremon.
Ogremon.gif
You did see him but he actually does return and well I find him very interesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

@ChB

164px-Tailmon_ringless.png
Well since you only saw Devilmon arc you probably can't guess my pick. Tailmon aka Gatomon is my favorite. She is adorable and gets more unique arc compared to other digimons.

After her come Gomamon and Tentomon though. I like the carefree attitude of Gomamon and Tentomon has best designs. 

Special mention goes to Ogremon.
Ogremon.gif
You did see him but he actually does return and well I find him very interesting.

For some reason, I find Gatomon very familiar. Maybe because she appeared in either the movie or a random episode I saw on TV. It was the one where Izzy lost his memory of Tentomon, and Tentomon de-digivolved into Pabumon to try to win him back. I loved that episode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChB said:

For some reason, I find Gatomon very familiar. Maybe because she appeared in either the movie or a random episode I saw on TV. It was the one where Izzy lost his memory of Tentomon, and Tentomon de-digivolved into Bubblemon to try to win him back. I loved that episode.

I think you should have seen her in the movie since I think it is set after the series (never watched it myself). I am unsure about seeing her in the episode you mentioned. I think she would appear few episodes after that one. Or maybe you saw her in the image you posted above.

• Like 1