1,445 posts in this topic

Ok, so my social anxiety thread was posted only by countering my fear with rage. This time, my fear is countered by insomnia. I'm literally too tired to think about doing this. Good thing I already wrote the whole thing up!

20 years later...

*fade in to Shadow Dash, lying on the ground in a pool of blood*

It's been a long time since we lost our freedom...

*battle scenes play quickly. pegasi wings and a Raichu are visable.

Cut to a Raichu sitting on a golden thrown*

Bakaa's rule has been long and hard on us all. We've become outcasts *cut to a dirty, abandoned Sylveon* slaves *cut to Mystic Thunder, pushing a wooden wheel he is chained to* and beggars *cut to Nightshroud, begging for crumbs in rags. Back to Shadow*

And me... I was left to die *clip of Shadow being struck down by Thunderbolt. Back to pool of blood, where Shadow struggles to his feet*

But no longer. Today, we take back our world. Today we show Bakaarion that we won't let a simple Raichu push us around. We will free ourselves from this tyranny, gain the throne that's rightfully ours

*cut to Shadow's desperate eyes* and have our revenge...

*black, with Last to Post 3: Revenge on screen in silver. A single drop of blood drops from the 3, then the screen immediately goes to black*

Y'all know the drill. Be the last to post for 24 hours to claim victory from the clutches of @Bakaarion. This is our last shot at defeating him. Our final showdown.

I'll also occasionally dump some of the story behind this thread as it progresses. Good luck to everypony, and may the last poster win!

(Ironic note before I post this: every single person but Bakaarion that I mentioned in this post has changed their name...)

1 person likes this

Here's part 1 of the story.

We all fight for something...

Last to Post 3: Revenge

Prologue

With sweaty hands, I grabbed the Xbox controller. What I was about to do was risky, especially so soon after being caught. But the risk wasn't what I feared most...

With Madden loaded in the background, I quickly switched to Edge, praying to Luna as I navigated to the site that I wasn't too late. As soon as I logged in, the eerie *blpp* noise played, informing me I'd missed 164 notifications since my forced absence.  But none of them mattered now. I could check them later. With the same fluid motion I had used all those months before, I opened up Last to Post 2 and began to read...

We never saw the ambush coming...

Weeks of peace had calmed the nerves. We were foolish and careless, risking everything for a little relaxation. And we payed the price. Bakaarion's troops flooded the battlefield, overwhelming our forces in a way few thought possible. Ponies and Pokémon alike were slaughtered in their tents, woefully unprepared for the assault.

As I watched my troops fall around me, I knew the others must have met the same fate. None of us were expecting such a sudden and lethal attack. As the coppery smell of blood filled the air, I knew there was only one way left to defeat Bakaa...

I would have to fight him myself.

With a strong flap of my wings, I sent myself skyward. From above I could see the sheer size of Bakaarion's Pikachu army. But even worse was the carnage they had caused. Normally my Fennekins would have been able to hold them off long enough for reinforcements to arrive, but the surprise attack gave the Pikachus all the advantage they needed. 

As I stared down at the scene below me, my eyes locked with one of the Pikachus, his piercing blue eyes staring back at me. For a moment, he did nothing. But as soon as he recognized me as the enemy, he immediately shot up an electro ball at me. I swerved out of the way, barely missing it, and increased my height. I couldn't risk getting hit with one of those attacks. An electric type had the advantage over a Pegasus like me. One hit from that electro ball would have sent me plummeting to the ground. With a tremble of fear, I thought about how much worse getting hit by a Raichu would be. I was not looking forward to the battle ahead.

Spotting Bakaa's base from the skies above, I curved my flight down and landed on the roof with a thud, my hooves clinking against the metallic surface. The long war had given Bakaarion plenty of time to build a strategic base, and build one he had. The metal coating of the roof was a natural conductor. One electric attack would fry me like an egg. I gave a small flap of my wings and hovered just above the ground, just in case. Looking around, I spotted a ceiling hatch. Flying over to it, I tugged against the handle to find it locked. But thankfully, my time as a fire trainer had taught me a few tricks. 

Reaching into the tool belt I carried just for situations like this, I pulled out my flamethrower. Pointing the weapon directly at where I though the lock would be, I let loose a stream of flame, melting a tiny hole through the metal. After a few minutes, the fire melted through the lock, sending the hatch flying open.

Still carrying my flamethrower, I slowly descended into the room. The tingle of electricity filled the air, remnants of the Pokémon who walked this path. I found myself at the top of a staircase, leading down to the rest of Bakaarion's base. Flapping my wings as quietly as possible, I began my descent, hovering just above the metal steps.

I only made it halfway...

As I turned a corner in the staircase, I found myself face to face with Bakaarion, who showed no surprise at seeing me in his base.

"Ahh, Shadow! You're early! I was just headed up there to..." He broke off as his eyes travelled to the flamethrower in my hand. "Did you just burn a hole in my roof! What is wrong with you?"

I couldn't believe him. His army way out murdering my troops, and he was angry I melted his roof. "Maybe because your army just killed most of my troops!"

"Yeah, but that's a natural part of war. Burning my roof isn't! Why can't you just walk through the door like a civilized creature? I'm getting a little tired of your fire obsession." 

I rolled my eyes. "And I'm getting tired of you changing the subject. Your troops are killing everyone, and they would have done the same to me if I had gone through the front door."

Bakaa gave me a look like I was the crazy one. "No, they wouldn't. They have orders to keep you alive. None of the leaders were supposed to be killed." That was too much for me to handle. I exploded, yelling right in Bakaarion's face.

"Then why the buck did one of your Pikachus throw an electro ball at me?" Bakaarion waited for me to calm down before he spoke again.

"To stun you, obviously. I told you before that I wanted you to be my second in command when I take over."

LtP3! :yay:

Yes gud stories... We must fight. We can't just quit because some raichu beat us once. We are not losers. We will take our land back! Bakaa, you shall not win this time!

1 person likes this

No. No he shall not!

WHY AM I NOT ASLEEP! 

CHARGE!!!!!!

I don't even really know what I'm posting anymore. Just ignore the stupid parts.

1 person likes this

Yes, but, uhm... you should go to sleep now. And maybe you should sleep a little longer than normal, say, 24 hours?

1 minute ago, Zakru said:

Yes, but, uhm... you should go to sleep now. And maybe you should sleep a little longer than normal, say, 24 hours?

Bah! You think I'm leaving this thread alone for more than 12 hours at a time? I've seen how well you scalleywags handle this ship when I leave ye alone with it.

2 people like this

Yes but I want to fly this ship because ships are fun and I am on a 6 hour road trip which is boring so I am here and now I shall go to Discord to chat with other ponies

1 person likes this

But if you fly the ship and should hit a rock, then what will you do with the chocolate unless you eat it before it melts in the sun?

That made sense to me. 

1 person likes this

so no doing pirate things then *looks over at my pirate crew* sorry boys the party's off

You know what... I'm gonna just listen to Fluttershy's voice until I fall asleep. Good bye bye pony heads.

1 person likes this

Yes gud. But now shut up and let me win.

36 minutes ago, Shadow Dash said:

You know what... I'm gonna just listen to Fluttershy's voice until I fall asleep. Good bye bye pony heads.

I LIED!!! I listened for 5 minutes and switched to Nightcored versions of my favorite songs...

1 person likes this

Oh, its 24 hours, I thought you had to have a week.

im an idiot. :doublefacehoof:

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Oh, its 24 hours, I thought you had to have a week.

im an idiot. :doublefacehoof:

You're not an idiot. Don't say things like that.

But that does explain why you were so confused. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Shadow Dash said:

You're not an idiot. Don't say things like that.

But that does explain why you were so confused. 

Oh, okay. I didn't know

1 person likes this

My level of confidence in this thread: stalking Skyrazer's profile until he leaves and I'm sure he's not going to delete it...

4 minutes ago, Shadow Dash said:

My level of confidence in this thread: stalking Skyrazer's profile until he leaves and I'm sure he's not going to delete it...

Im sure skyrazer has his hands full,user said on the discords he has weeks of chatlogs to go through.

1 person likes this

Still... kinda nervous. He is admin. He can do whatever he wants to this thread and my account.

44 minutes ago, Shadow Dash said:

Still... kinda nervous. He is admin. He can do whatever he wants to this thread and my account.

Not really. 

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

Not really. 

He's an admin. Being nice and friendly while also holding your fate in his hands is his job.

Google informs me this is the man you speak of. I have no idea who he is, except that his name is Hodor

Hodor-Game-Of-Thrones.jpg?x42694

You... you actually looked that up.

:golfclop: 

Good job. Very good job...

14 minutes ago, Shadow Dash said:

He's an admin. Being nice and friendly while also holding your fate in his hands is his job.

Well, he can't just ban ponies willy nilly.

2 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Well, he can't just ban ponies willy nilly.

Someone's never been on any number of forums out there...