Sign in to follow this  
Dr Ned

worst resteruants ever!

what are some of the worst places you have ever eaten at?

everything from service to the actual quality of the food it self

• Like 3

Damn. I can't remember what the restaurant was called, but it was on the drive to the William Randolph Hearst mansion, called the Hearst Castle. It's a landmark in central coastal California. Anyway, me and my family were getting very hungry because of the drive. We ate lunch at about 12 that day and the time we actually started seeking out somewhere to eat it was about 7:30. So we stopped in some tourist destination along the way. It was very small with two restaurants, a convenient store and a motel. As I said, there were two restaurants there. One of them actually looked really good. However, it was very busy and we were told that we had to wait about an hour and a half for a table. Considering how hungry we were, we didn't even bother waiting. So, we went to the other restaurant and...man was it TERRIBLE! 

The decorations were terrible. It looked like the manager gave a child a selection of crayons and gave that child permission to draw on the walls. Just a mess of colors. Truly hideous. I will admit that the service was not bad. The waiter was nice enough and the food came reasonable quickly. However, there is a reason why it came quickly. The food was terrible and undercooked. I ordered a cheeseburger, but I got an abomination. The meat was partially frozen, the cheese was processed and fake, and they couldn't even get the fucking bun right. The bun was stale and old tasting. I actually went to the washroom and threw up after one bite. I asked the waiter to take it back and I ordered the pasta with bread instead. It was pretty crapy, but it at least tasted like food. So I ate that up and we were done with dinner. That is my story of the worst restaurant ever :) 

• Like 2

This place on a boardwalk in Delaware. The people couldn't speak English very well, and pretty much only offered three things on their menu: cheeseburgers, overpriced subs, and pizza. I saw the cook cutting somebody's pizza with scissors and I left.

Another time I sat down in a "Steak n' Shake" while in Missouri and there were flies everywhere. Also the service was terrible and I got into a long argument with the waitress.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Agilaz said:

This place on a boardwalk in Delaware. The people couldn't speak English very well, and pretty much only offered three things on their menu: cheeseburgers, overpriced subs, and pizza. I saw the cook cutting somebody's pizza with scissors and I left.

Another time I sat down in a "Steak n' Shake" while in Missouri and there were flies everywhere. Also the service was terrible and I got into a long argument with the waitress.

Are there any restaurants you have been to where the food itself was really bad or sub-standard?

• Like 2

panda express the food is the worst Chinese food I had the displeasure of eating

toby keith's bar and grill the food there was overpriced crap with little to no taste I can get better ribs from Walmart

and the service was bullshit the staff was just down right rude refusing to even wait on us it took us over 45 minutes to even place our order

• Like 2

4 hours ago, King Clark said:

Are there any restaurants you have been to where the food itself was really bad or sub-standard?

I don't have many horror stories about the food itself, thank gods. I usually have a good idea about what and what not to order based on the menus.

I don't remember exactly where it was (this was several years ago) but there was this place which had a decent salad bar and mediocre service. However, I made the mistake of ordering their pasta, and it was by far the worst pasta I ever had. The stuff was only heated about halfway, as if it had been sitting on a back counter for hours. It was also completely dowsed with an egregious amount of tomato sauce, which ruined the texture. Afterward, I was extremely nauseous. 

• Like 2

As I think back on all of my bad dining experiences, I realize that all of them were actually in California. That is pretty weird, isn't it? Especially since I have also had some of my best dining experiences in California. *shrugs* 

• Like 1

heres another few I hate

1. swadlys the ribs are terrible hard as rock you could use them as a weapon don't even get me started on those soggy ass campfire potatoes 
  2. Zaxbys the service was shit not ever going back there again the food was good but the service was absolute shit took me well over an hour (I timed it) to get my food, on top of that we were the last ones to be served

Wendy's usually sucks. To be fair, this can vary a lot by individual restaurant. Some suck less than others. 

Oh, and Imo's Pizza. That stuff tastes like baby poop (or so I imagine!) :applebelch:

• Like 1

there was a long john silvers in okc me and Darklady went there to eat it was horrible

the fries were soggy

the hush puppies were stale

the shrimp was hard

only good thing was the fish