Sign in to follow this  
Leonbrony17

Do you wanna see a villain who last's longer than only two episodes?

Like a villain who get's introduced in the first or second episode and doesn't get defeated or even faced at the beginning. A villain who appears from time to time during the season and then in the last two episodes he returns stronger or with a new plan and get's defeated then. Also i would give him some minions with character who aren't completly forgetable.

My idea would be a villain who tries to take over equestria with some kinda acient power but fails in his first appearance and escapes to his hideout for a while. Then during the season you see him and his minions from time to time talking or spying or hearing rumors about and hidden artifact from equestrias ancestors which posseses an immense power. And in the last two episodes he finds the artifact and get's it's power but ultimatly fails and get's defeated by whoever.

That would be my idea.

What do you think about a longer running villain?

• Like 4

I'd just like to see a permanent villain added to the cast.  One who gets defeated but escapes instead of reforms, possibly to return in future episodes.  That's all I'm asking for really.

EDIT:  Chrysalis falls into this category but I'm 99% positive she's going to be reformed in the near future.

• Like 5

It would be cool to have a permanent antagonist, but I don't want it to where it takes 30 episodes to defeat them (looking at you, dbz)

• Like 4

We have that villain. Her name is Queen Chrysalis. However, I have to agree with @Sparklefan1234. A villain that lasts the whole series would be great. Getting a new big threat in almost every two parter is getting very old. Unfortunately we are in S7 now, so we are far too late for a series long villain unless the staff decide that Chrysalis is indeed that villain. 

• Like 2

I prefer term recurring villain. Those are rather important for franchises. My Little Pony must be the only one I know without proper villain and that goes since generation one. Actually our generation is worse as we didn't have a single proper henchmen character. We had changeling as the only minion army but well key word "had". Which is why I am actually pissed Changelings reformed.

But anyway yes I would love to see a villain for more than two two-parters that has henchmen.    

smug_starlight_glimmer_by_comeha-daew194
No not you Glimy. I love you Glim but you had your two-part episodes and then you got reformed. No those short cameos don't count. And while Hearth's Warming episode was awesome that wasn't you you as a villain. I do give you point on actually having minions with personality. 

And Discord don't even think about it.

angry_chrysalis_by_bronyrazya-d7azhbh.pn
So at the moment we only have her former majesty Queen Insanity Chrysalis. But honestly she is on thin ice as she hasn't been capable villain so far and she managed to lose her army. And well I think we can't safely assume she won't be returning in this season.

I suppose there is also Tirek but he would need more to him than just "I eat magic". And sadly Sombra is screwed because of comics. If he returns then comic arcs are wasted and if Comic Sombra would come well...guess who had reformation arc!

I do think it is kinda too late for a new proper antagonist at the moment since we are in season 7. So show kinda has to use what was made so far from major or minor rogue gallery.

Also there is always Flurry Heart....just saying. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

It would be cool to have a permanent antagonist, but I don't want it to where it takes 30 episodes to defeat them (looking at you, dbz)

Hey Goku vs Frieza was only 19 episodes. xD

50 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

Hey Goku vs Frieza was only 19 episodes. xD

Sweet Celestia, 19 episodes?

• Like 2

Technically, Starlight Glimmer lasted more than two episodes and Queen Crysalis is still a villain, but I see what you mean. I wish the show would stop introducing new villains that are immediately reformed or destroyed and make them last a little bit longer, at least. Personally, I would like to see a return of King Sombra, or Tirek - and ensure that they are not reformed -  rather than introducing a new villain, to help with continuity in the show.

• Like 1

Yes.

Daybreaker as a recurring villain please. At least for a season. Returned to normal Celestia at the end of said season.

thumb.png

Hey guess what, we did have a recurring villain that had lasted for five seasons. This lil filly is our best antagonist of the series. 

• Like 2

A recurring villain that lasts not only a few episodes but a few seasons would be awesome; just what the show needs. Queen Chrysalis is fine for now but I'm sure her big apology and conversion to the ways of virtue are not far off. 

21 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

thumb.png

Hey guess what, we did have a recurring villain that had lasted for five seasons. This lil filly is our best antagonist of the series. 

How can anything so evil be so adorable?

• Like 1