Sign in to follow this  
Cyber Commander

Personal Game Design Project - Custom Characters

So over my current semester I have been learning some basics in Unity and Maya. So to keep on top of it I am going to be creating proof of concept characters from a character based multiplayer shooter. For proof of concept I will be placing these characters into a shooting range area to play around with. I have some characters that I am already planning on making but should I finish them I would like to create other peoples characters. Here is a form for submitting your own characters http://goo.gl/forms/TVXdTIFu2S. Note I am not modeling the characters themselves, at least not at this time, as I will only be doing their weapons then using a fps cam. 

The characters that I currently have planned as well as the one I become interested in will be posted on this spreadsheet if you want to see mine and others characters. Look forward to seeing what you guys might submit. Work on this won't start for about 2 weeks though cause I still need to finish this semester up. 

LORE: The year is 2078 and war is over. Not because humans have learned another way but rather that they fear it. A few years ago World War 3 had begun and ended in a month. When countries began to mobilize. An unknown force arrive on the battlefield. This force devastated multiple armies and capture almost every major country figure head. This faction then declared that the war was over. Now this faction oversees the world, countries are allowed to live as they want but should anyone ever threaten war they are collapsed upon and destroyed by this force.

All characters being created will be a part of this force. Name of which I still have not decided but I am leaning towards the Cybernetics Core. 

Edited by Cyber Commander
Completely forgot to put the lore of the situation so you have a general idea of character creation

You're going to be symbolically creating characters and then SHOOTING them? Like, shooting them pretend dead? Can I suggest other peoples' characters?

13 minutes ago, Citadel said:

You're going to be symbolically creating characters and then SHOOTING them? Like, shooting them pretend dead? Can I suggest other peoples' characters?

No people playing the demo will be the character shooting at the usual shooting range blank targets. You are not shooting other people's characters.

If you want also leave your name in the character name section or in the extra information section. Second note was not expecting anyone to really put serious lore but my first submission has a good size one so to clarify the base lore "the force" is just a placeholder for whatever name I choose in the future whose current name is Cybernetics Core so they are the same entity not separate. 

Hey sorry about the first submission(Archangel) , it was late and I got a bit taken away with the lore, feel free to disregard everything if it's unnecessary. Next time it hopefully won't be 1 a.m. when I decide to put my brain to work.

• Like 1

Hah, Nemesis's Angel and Demon smgs, was literally thinking of using the same name for dual pistols for Archangel before settling with pocket pistol.

Cool idea though, a switcher of good and evil, sounds interesting and full of potential.

gzLD5mh.png

I modeled up Artemis's Lunar Rifle. I will likely be doing all the gun models for my first four characters before I move onto any texturing. I also plan to make some additional modifications to these models before I start implementing everything.

So yeah this was a thing I said I was doing but due to some file corruptions and such I had to restart some work and now I am back at college. So once I get my schedule fully fleshed out so by end of next week likely I will restart work on the project. Note I have finished the first squad of game which is 4 of each role: Tank, Frontline, Backline, and Support. I am however for a lose of names for a Element Monk(works like the Avatar) and a character with a Sound Cannon as their primary. The sound cannon is actually based on Aeth/Steamworks idea for what Vinyl's primary should have been in the heroes mod which is basically low damage large knock back, then on aerial hit deal a lot of damage. So yeah feel free to submit more ideas for Squad Beta and I start to work again on Alpha.