AI-senpai

Samurai Jack is coming back in 2016 on Adult Swim

:celestia:

So the rumor was true... Tartakovsky is bringing back Samurai Jack... This hits me right in the childhood, oh please let it be good.  

7 hours ago, Light Landstrider said:

Well, time to add that to the things to watch in the future, man I hope it will be good.

When was it ever not good?

41 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

When was it ever not good?

One example to prove my slight concern:

Teen Titans Go

But you are right, I shouldn't worry to much about it, it will most likely be great anyway.

42 minutes ago, Light Landstrider said:

Teen Titans Go

But you are right, I shouldn't worry to much about it, it will most likely be great anyway.

I actually decided to research Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! and found out they were developed and produced by completely different people. Samurai Jack is going to be continued by the same people, so I don't think you have to worry too much.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

And to the people that are going to say "You had no childhood" or something, please understand different people have different tastes.

It's not that you had no childhood, you were just living under a rock.

Anyway though:

You be the judge of what you think. :3

2 hours ago, Light Landstrider said:

Teen Titans Go

Teen Titans Go is based on a comedic comic series of the same name that was later turned into an animation. It's just a spinoff. :3

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

I never watched Samurai Jack as a kid. Was it good?

And to the people that are going to say "You had no childhood" or something, please understand different people have different tastes.

I didn't watch it that much, but as a kid I just watched whatever was on. Retrospectively, I do like it.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

It's OK, I used to watch the odd episode when it was on cartoon network way back when but never truly followed it.

One major downside: It was Italian dubbed. In retrospect I feel like I would have watched it a lot more if it were in English, as the few episodes I did watch I remember really enjoying, as the story of a time traveling samurai that tries to get back to his time to kill the evil that destroyed his village and made him a time traveler in the first place is as wacky as it is amazing, allowing for so many good episode settings and stories, and I always enjoyed the occasional comedy aspects and epic battles.

Overall really looking forward to seeing what this next iteration will be like.

1 hour ago, Toki Zensekai said:

You be the judge of what you think. :3

NOPE. I do not need this nostalgia right now. Nope, nope nope... Not looking. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

Honestly? It was one of the best shows during Cartoon Network's prime back in the day. Hell, almost everything they aired back then was really good and I find myself re-watching some of those shows and start finding a lot of stuff I never noticed while watching it back then, all the 4'th wall breaks, the witty jokes, so much meta stuff and of course "you're too young to get it" stuff. Oh hell, the Nostalgia's here.. Dammit!

• Like 1

I don't expect it to be too similar to the original so I'm throwing those tinted nostalgia glasses away in hopes for something new

Let me reclarify that this is a new season, not a reboot, at least according to how Adult Swim put it.