ChibiDashie

Books! Books! And More Books!

I am going to start F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby. I have heard about it, and I have had a copy of it for years. I may as well get around to reading it.

4 hours ago, M2 Ball said:

I am going to start F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby. I have heard about it, and I have had a copy of it for years. I may as well get around to reading it.

You'll have to let us know what you think of it!

On 8/22/2020 at 8:28 PM, Otaku-sempai said:

You'll have to let us know what you think of it!

I was glancing around, and I realized I forgot to respond to this.  I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is one of the best books I have read, but it is definitely worth reading.  My only gripe is that my edition of the book has a preface by Matthew J. Bruccoli that contained some minor spoilers. If you find this particular preface, I would advise going straight to Fitzgerald's work first. If you want to read the preface, read after you finish the book for Bruccoli's (from what I have gathered, he was a leading authority on Fitzgerald and his works) insights on the setting of the novel, chronology of events, etc.  The Cambridge edition of The Great Gatsby (or an edition based on it) is also said to be the most authoritative text of the work.