Badshot

The Job - Starbound Roleplay main thread

(I ran out of things to do so Imma scuttle this along here)

The group shortly arrives at the Starduster Bar, a worn neon sign branding the name hangs over the large doorway. There are windows on either side, the inside is decently large, and full of people of varying races. The noise of chatter and clinking of glass can be heard from inside. In the center counter there is a human male serving drinks to those at the bar, while a female glitch and avian serves the outlying tables. Occasionally another human male comes out to gather dishes to bring to the kitchen.

So far there is no sign of a "cowboy"

After briefly looking around Mike shrugged and started walking towards the bar: "If there is anything I've learned from my current line of work is that bars are a good place to get some information" he smiled "and a drink, wouldn't mind a beer right about now".

Mike sat at the bar awaiting his turn to be served by the Bartender.

"Sash can't see or sssmell cowboy here. Place only smellss like cheap ale and Glitch oilss.." Sash commented while making an icky face " Maybe Apex lady gave usss the wrong bar?" he continued.

The barman, a big scruffy looking fella, didn't seem to notice Yoko and got around to Mike.

"What can I get ya?"

Meanwhile some of the Hylotl in the bar made quick glances towards Sash, upon closer inspection, it seems Floran patrons are on a different side from Hylotl patrons. Probably to keep breakouts of fights to a minimum.

Sash looked over at the Hyloti populated side of the bar and cached a few customers glaring daggers at him. Giving them a nervous smile he inched over behind Sis and moved to the rest of the group, keeping them in between the less than friendly populace. He stood behind Mike and stared at the man behind the counter and his funny haircut from behind Mike's shoulder. Popping out to the side he asked "We're looking for sssome cowboy, Allen, ancient looking Apex lady tellsss us he isss here. You've seen him?" 

The bartender looks at the Floran, "Oh that guy? He's over there."

The bartender points to the far end in one of the booths on the Hylotl side (sorry Sash :P), a man in a leather hat, duster, and boots has his legs propped up on the table. With his hands behind his head and hat on his face, he appears to have dozed off.

His companion however is no where in sight.

Yoko walks over to the cowboy's booth and taps him on the shoulder. "Hey, space cowboy, wake up. We're in need of some transportation for this job."

Mike ordered his beer from the bartender, thanked him for the information and decided to walk over next to Yoko, he stopped midway when he noticed the Hyloty(is that the plural?) glaring at Sash, not uncommon considering the history between Florans and these fish like folk, he gestured towards Sash: "It's with me, don't worry it has no quarrel with you guys, I take it upon myself to make sure it doesn't eat you" he smiled as he said the last words, then looking at Sash he invited him to follow at his side to avoid him being picked on.

Walking up towards Yoko he gently pushed her aside and tried to talk to the cowboy: Mr. Allen? I'm sorry about my companion here, she seems to be a little impulsive" he sat down with his drink "Got the time to exchange a few words with a fellow gunslinger?"

If his attire didn't give it away, his accent sure as hell would.

"I don't mind none, just catching a few Z's. I reckon y'all are talkin' 'bout that contract the ol' apex gave ya?"

Yoko sighs and shakes her head,"So... I heard that you've got a ship we could use for this contract? Any fees you've got for transportation?"

"I do. I'd rather do it myself but... if it's as dangerous as the ol' hag says, I could use the help. How's forty percent?"

Zolin just sat outside the bar, sulking. Not his fault he was too young to drink, and mom always said never trust bars... They were full of seedy jerks, like his dad. Stupid dad. Named him... Well, no matter. He could always entertain himself by looking at all the funny people in the window! He looked inside to see his new friends talking with the cowboy they were looking for. Hopefully they would all share the ship for a long time- there were bound to be some good cowboy stories! For now, though, Zolin settled for waiting. He could be patient... He could be- BUTTERFLY! Dinner came early!

"How about we lower that fee a bit" Mike said as he lowered his drink "Me and my companions have some skills that we can add to the deal, as you own a ship it is only fair that we can help you crew it, I used to be a USCM pilot, I know how to fly a ship so if you need a pilot or co-pilot your looking at him" he turned and indicated Sash "my companion Sash here told me it's a decent mechanic, it'd be able to repair and maintain your vessel" he then pointed at the bar where Sis was still standing "The Glitch woman you see standing there, her name's Sis, you need a navigator? Well this one would have in-built rapid computing, coupled with the ships's navigation computer you get an extremely effective symbiosis" he looked at Yoko that was standing nearby "Her on the other hand...she so far has been very mysterious, not even told us her name, I'll let her try and convince you" Mike sipped his drink "Oh, we also have an avian named Zolin with us, he's...eccentric to say the least, and..." he looked around briefly "...doesn't seem to be here at the moment, might have stayed outside the bar I think" he looked back at Allen "Of course this goes without saying but it also means we are adding our fighting skills to equation as well, and as the job has the same payout no matter the numbers, working together maximizes our chances of getting payed"

"This ssounds fair." Sash nodded "But sssomeone should keep an eye on Zolin. Sa- Er, -I'm- worried he might do.... sssomething that will end badly " he continued while taking note of the missing Avian.

Sis walked rapidly out of the bar to fetch Zolin, only to see him fiercely chasing after a butterfly. She closed up to him in a jiffy and dragged him back to the entrance.

"Scolding. If you wish to act like a child, i will treat you like a child."

"Demanding. Stay at the entrance and please try not to make waves, alright ?" she told him before going back in.