Badshot

The Job - Starbound Roleplay main thread

"It's a deal then, just keep up or I'll leave ya behind, go ahead and sit a spell, we'll leave in a moment."

Allen begins to sit up.

"By the way I never fully introduced myself, y'all only know half my name."

He reveals his hands which glow with green and lifts his hat to reveal a glowing green face with a chunk of metal in the middle.

"Name's Methan Allen."

Allen motions to his side, where a green sleeping Floran lays on the booth.

"And this is Fern... hey, wake up." He shakes the Floran awake who quickly jolts up to see the newcomers, and then quickly hides under the table, only revealing the top half of her head.

"She'll do that..."

(and thus his race is revealed, even if it was entirely obvious from the start)

Yoko nodded her head and went to the bar to have some water before they took off. "What an odd flower creature that was.",she thought.

Zolin, in the meantime, had tried again to get the butterfly. Unfortunately, he managed to net himself after it flew out of reach, prompting him to go back to sulking. Looking in the window, he saw a plant next to the cowboy. Huh, wonder where that came from? Well, it couldn't be too important. Probably didn't notice it on the table and it had been moved to make room for their drinks... Though that WAS an odd looking plant. Shrugging, he looked up and down the streets to see if something else could distract him in the meantime.

"Heh, a novakid, somehow my assumptions were correct" Mike thought to himself, he finished his drink and went to pay for it at the bar before joining up with the group once again. He looked at Fern "Funny how I didn't notice her before, curious how it would appear timid, unusual trait for the most dangerous race in the galaxy" he shrugged the thought away and tried to greet her instead.

Giving Mike an irritated face that only spelled "Seriously?" Sash stood next to him and looked towards the cowering Floran "Florans are excellent at camouflage, it isss part of our nature. Sstill mostly Feral, iss she not?" 

He stood back a few steps and performed several strange gestures ending with a small bow while speaking in what seemed to be incomprehensible gibberish. Returning to his previously occupied space with a smile on his face he saw the others giving him an odd look and shrugged "What? That wasss Floran tribal greeting, every Floran iss born with ssome knowledge left over from their ancestors, like hunting placesss, pray ancestors kill, their namess and mosst importantly how to understand Floran greeting. Greeting tells everything about a Floran it is like what Apex called a record."

"Sure is taking awhile to get ready,might as well get a few drinks.",Yoko thought. "Hey bartender, can I get a few drinks?",turning to face the bartender.

Sash stared at Sis as she attempted something similar to what he'd displayed earlier. As several giggles escaped his mouth he clamped it shut with a hand and looked down at the floor in embarrassment.  

Just as she'd finished he stood next to her and placed a hand on the Glitch's shoulder and said " Sis should consssider herself lucky thisss is fishman side of the bar, you sssaid some very rude and strange things about sssomeones mothers. I can probably teach you propper Floran Greeting later, jussst pleassse never do that in front of other Floran." He gave her a smile and looked back to Fern making a few small gestures and speaking slowly to the fellow Floran "Shess very ssorry and did not mean what ssshe said. Esspecially the thingsss about the lawnmowers..." 

Fern grew more relaxed after the gestures, moving more to sit on the booth. She didn't say anything in return, but its clear she understood, giving a small smile.

The avian barmaid walked up to the table, "Can I get you boys and girls anything?"

Allen responded, "A few shots of whiskey. Gonna need a toast before we start don't we?"

Watching Sis stomp out of the bar put a frown on Sash's face. A strange sense of guilt lingered around the Floran as he looked at Mike "Sa- ehm, I will... go check on Zolin. Thisss bar makess me uneasssy." he said as he looked around one more time and left the building. 
The air outside was a refreshing change from the thick smell of alcohol and smoke in the bar. Sash looked around briefly and noticed a faint smell of Coconuts in the air but was unable to spot any blue colored Avians. 

Mike looked around and saw he was the last one of the bunch still at the table with Methan, many things just happened then and he wasn't sure what to do about it all.

He looked at the novakid and smiled at Fern "I'll go gather them up once the drinks get here, hopefully I know where most of them are" he turned towards the bar "well I know were she is at least" he said looking at Yoko.

Yoko yawned as she opened her eyes slowly, waking up. "Oh...how long have I been waiting? Did you get my drinks yet? I wanted a couple of margaritas and some water..." Yoko looked at the bartender with sleepy eyes.

"Oh yes of course." The bartender leaves for a moments and returns with the drinks. "That'll be 20 pixels"

Allen didn't seem to mind the others leaving, "Eh, don't mind me none." The avian left to place the order. 

Yoko hands him her debit card."Gee, everyone's leaving as if they had side quests to do, haha.." Yoko takes a sip out of her margarita.

He had done it. He had found the item that could save the universe, the one that only the hero could wield! He hefted it above his head...

Where it promptly slipped out of his arms and conked him. In retrospect, this box was VERY heavy... Maybe there was something still in it? Well, Zolin knew not to do THAT again. He left the box laying on the ground and left the alleyway he was in. Hopefully, nobody would mind the overturned box... Or the overturned trash can... Or the trash- yeah, he should get away from the alley. He went back to the bar, conveniently just around the corner, now sporting a banana mask on his head without realizing it.

The avian returned with he shots. After she left Fern placed one in front of herself, to which Allen quickly moved it out of the way.

"I've seen you drunk missy, I do not wish to see it again..." he said as he passed one to Mike.

"So where'd the others go anyway?"

Mike quickly went and looked outside the bar and found Sash and Zolin, he asked them if they were interested in partaking in the toast: "Drinks are here if any of you are interested" looking at Zolin: "If you do want to come in you might want to remove that...mask from your head beforehand" he looked around and saw no sign of Sis, he went back in the bar and sat down wondering where the glitch had run off to.

Zolin frowned and turned to Sash. "Mom always said not to go into bars... Don't know why he wants me to come in. And what does he mean by a mask? I'm not wearing a mask... If he was talking about my beak, I can't remove what I was born with!" He visibly started to fluff up at this.