• Pyro
    • Demo
    • Heavy
    • Engie
    • Medic
    • Sniper
    • Spy

606i1ju.png

My main two, but I try to play everyone though.

Except Sniper.

Edited by ChaosLord121

The question "who do you main" ignores the concept that main classes are context-sensitive. 

PL BLU or PLR, I main Heavy. [Calm Russian Accent] Push cart, shoot enemy with bullet. Ignore all other thing. [/Calm Russian Accent]

Any asymmetrical map (PL, CP) as RED, I main Engineer. [Texan] If I gotta defend somethin', brother, you better believe I'm gonna defend it. [/Texan]

Symmetrical maps other than PL, I tend to main Pyro. Because

BURN ALL THE THINGS!

the_giggling_arsonist_of_the_doomsday_by

Sometimes, I'll switch to Demo in a 5CP map if we're really getting stomped. And I occasionally play sniper on maps that afford me nice long-range engagements, though I'm far from competent at is. Trying to learn to spy for anti-sentry purposes, but I really suck at it. I've never been able to master the timing of a good stab-n-sap. 

Because I currently have a horrible computer thats meant for doing office work than gaming, Engi or Medic

Otherwise, in order: Scout, Medic, Engineer, Sniper

Steam stats seem to agree with me

5MF3eIg.png

Edited by Azalea Floria

Medic, Sniper, Scout, Engi,

mostly in that order, however Sniper and Medic sometimes change. When I repeatedly get killed by a Heavy/Medic combo, I usually change over to Machinima-Sniper and show them who the boss is.

Edit: Azalea, I like your taste. (Not in gaming devices, in classes that is)

Edited by Alpha268

Because I currently have a horrible computer thats meant for doing office work than gaming, Engi or Medic

5MF3eIg.png

Your first 4 classes are the dame as mine O_o

They ain't no dames sugar cakes! That there is a baby and men!

Yeah. They're classes that revolve around skillfully outplaying your opponent, rather then holding the mouse 1 button vaguely near where the enemy is standing. 

But Engie has aimbot.

I find that people who discredit Engineer on that basis tend to be either intuatively good at Engie (and don't realize it), or haven't put much time into the class. 

There is an art to the strategy of placing and defending structures. A well-placed Sentry, along with a Rescue Ranger and a dispenser at some distance (but well-shielded from snipers and demos) can be a devastating tool of defense. And when two or more engineers coordinate both their placement and the mutual defense of their structures (especially against spies), it's a great feeling. 

A poorly-placed structure of any kind will be quickly destroyed. And two or more engines who fail to play as a coordinated unit, or compete with one another, do a disservice to their team 

Is this directly comparable to the skill required to be effective as a spy, or the coordination that it takes to make a good sniper? Well, no. Every class is different, requiring different skills and temperaments. I'd love to be effective as a spy, but I just can't master it.

• Like 1

Once you figure out the optimal sentry spots for every point of every map, you're left with just being a slow Scout to handle your skill ceiling. Valve nerfed the shit out of the Sigafoo save with Gun Mettle, and most of Dave+'s big sentry spots were more due to The Syndicate's ability to shut down Spies than any extraordinary Engie knowledge. Everything else that makes Sigafoo noteworthy is more that his Shotgun aim is utterly devastating.

Once you figure out the optimal sentry spots for every point of every map, you're left with just being a slow Scout to handle your skill ceiling. Valve nerfed the shit out of the Sigafoo save with Gun Mettle, and most of Dave+'s big sentry spots were more due to The Syndicate's ability to shut down Spies than any extraordinary Engie knowledge. Everything else that makes Sigafoo noteworthy is more that his Shotgun aim is utterly devastating.

Sigafoo told me one time that Dave+ was the most overrated engineer.  To be fair he was carried pretty damn hard by The Syndicate but there were a lot of engies who could do what he did at that time.

I mainly remember his sentry spot for Upward first. It's pretty ballsy if you're not backed up by a team that can totally nullify Spies. 

I mainly remember his sentry spot for Upward first. It's pretty ballsy if you're not backed up by a team that can totally nullify Spies. 

mTs tried that a season or two ago in playoffs with spamfest doing the level 3 sentry jump up there while not using the rescue ranger.  They held the point for like...a minute because that spot is just dumb and any good team will break it 2ez

Speaking of Spamfest, he's probably the most innovative engie in plat right now

Edited by "User"

5MF3eIg.png

On this note, if you happen to see a Medic who looks like this (or carrying that Medi-Gun....or just see my name) http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/433824928577989097/840C4D1978912555364903392892586653B86B6C/

Feel free to say hi~ I also like to latch myself onto people who get high killstreaks while playing Offense since they're the best at killing, otherwise I stay where there are many people on Defense

I mostly main as Soldier. Got a Black Box, Strange Concheror, and Strange Equalizer combo running. Health gain for days! 

During Control Point games, I'll run around as Pyro with a Degreaser, Scorch Shot, and a Powerjack for the speed boost.

During Payload matches, I'll primary Heavy with a Strange Hou-Long Heater, a Sandvich, and Strange Apoco-Fists.

During Attack/Defend matches, I'll go Engie and set up camp at the last capture point of the map, armed with a Civic Duty shotgun, Hickory Hole-Puncher pistol, and the Gunslinger for the health boost.