Badshot

The Job - OOC Thread

Post any out of character comments, questions, or conversations in this thread.

Spectators may also comment here.

Let's see how long it takes before I smack myself for making what is essentially a kid running around a city for the first time. I have the feeling I'm going to regret that choice, but then I realize I could have made him MUCH worse quite easily given my track record.

Imagine starwars without the jedi and force thing that makes it you know... starwars.

Or really any futuristic setting with multiple races.

Or are you talking about something else?

Was talking about RP in general, It's not really something I've done before... Although I'm very familiar with the Starbound universe, I've been replaying it after every major update honestly.

Was going to sleep and remembered something... I never put damn pictures of the races in the recruitment... God dammit...

Ah well if you guys want picture references of them you can probably just Google it.

4 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

I'm about as green to this as a forest in the middle of June, so feel free to scrutinize if I muck up :scrunchy:

You are not alone, this is the first ever RP I take part in, well aside from a failed attempt earlier this year, so don't worry, we will all probably die horribly :ajlol: 

Beer is money, women is not.

Also Allen basically speaks like Engie, but with a slightly deeper voice.

Come to think of it, what's the legal drinking age in space? I'll have to look into that... In any case- decided to not bring in the bar fight waiting to happen, though that NPC cowboy is going to have fun later.

As for the butterfly... Food is food, and I made a Space Quail. It's bound to happen.

(Wikis Quails) Huh, migratory. I really did make a Space Quail without even knowing it. Now all I need is an excuse to sing the song of my people.

For drinking age it should be based on the racial and cultural background of your character, I figured Humans would have what they consider "normal" be 18+ (I'm from the European continent goddammit), for other races there is no actual lore on that, also because it's not said how long the life expectancy is for most of them you can't tell for sure when they come of age (a glitch technically lives forever for instance), and of course different culture different rules and what not.

Think I'll keep him away from alcohol anyways if possible. After all, it's a really bad thing to think you can fly as an Avian- considering the towers you find on various worlds, it would end messy. If there's no real lore on longevity, I'm not going to go guessing all over and just assume it's a really bad idea.

Then again, they may just get together and warble when drunk... Who knows? Maybe that will happen someday.

There's a tower that can spawn with an avian standing on the edge contemplating suicide, if you knock him/her off he/she yells thank you.

Starbound is a fun game.