Badshot

The Job - OOC Thread

Missed coconut throw turns into the most impossible Rube Goldberg, which saves the party and takes out a group of enemies? Yeah, definitely possible. Really depends on how Badshot feels at the time.

"I DIDN'T DO IT!"

Light (and probably anyone else who has played Starbound) got Allen's race right at least.

Here's their character sheets.

Name: Methan Allen

Race: Novakid

Age: 42 (Novakids live roughly 200 years, if they survive that long)

Personality: Impatient, arrogant, reckless, and sometimes rude. Usually likes to work alone but will accept help when he deems it necessary.

Faction: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter

Description: A green Novakid with a Untitled.pngbrand. With a brown cowboy hat and duster with leather buckle boots. When in battle he wears a mask similar to Starlord’s from Guardians of the Galaxy, but with a skull shape. His corona appears to be two extensions creating an almost full loop that curves inward at different lengths. He carries two revolvers he apptly names “The Good” and “The Bad”.

Weapons: Two customized revolvers named “The Good” and “The Bad”

Armor: Steel skull-shaped face mask

Other Items:  25,000px account with 5,000px on hand, revolver ammunition, flask with whiskey, Personal ship (eagle class).

Background: Allen was born in an old Novakid town not widely known by other races, so a large majority of residents are Novakid, it was often set upon by Novakid raiders and bandits who were constantly pushed back by the local law force and sometimes the residents, each who had their own weapons, so Allen quickly gained skill in gunslinging while helping the town. Once he became of age, he set out on his own, as most Novakids do, setting out with an avian pilgrim who visited. Once he made it to the first colony he started taking odd jobs and bounty contracts to sustain himself, going for ones that were more dangerous despite his young age and inexperience. However, he showed great skill in gunning down targets, or to his dismay, capturing them. Due to this he quickly raised money to purchase a basic FTL ship. Once he was free to go and do whatever he wanted, he took on more dangerous jobs, often doing more harm than good. Not that he cared. Due to his ability, it was easy to find good contracts, he grew his ship and improved his favorite pair of revolvers. As the years passed his reputation grew, often getting on the bad side of governments. After a mishap with an assassination, he swore to never get involved with politics again, too much trouble for not enough pay. Despite this, to this day he still takes on bounties that most wouldn’t dare. Though his life quickly changed when he made a stop on an asteroid outpost.

Relationships:

Fernkiller (Fern): A Floran he “met” or more passed by on an asteroid outpost. She follows him everywhere, even when Allen attempts to lose her, which he has tried on multiple occasions. Eventually Allen accepted that she won’t leave and got used to her company.

Name: Fernkiller (Fern)

Race: Floran

Apparent Gender: “Female”

Personality: Still holding her tribal nature, she has yet to be habilitated and speaks in third person with a slurred speech and a lisp. Due to her being unfamiliar with much of society she is very cautious and shy. When in battle her primal instincts take place.

Faction: N/A

Description: A green floran with leaves for hair and flowers at various spots. She as well wears tribal like clothing and wields handcrafted primal axes with obsidian blades, the obsidian of which she found on a volcanic planet while adventuring with Allen.

She pretty much looks like this. I googled it, pretty standard floran (never mind the creepy face it makes after a few seconds)

Floran.gif

Weapons: Two handcrafted obsidian axes with iron wood shafts, entangled in vines to keep it together.

Armor: N/A

Other Items: Floran bone charm

Background: Not much is known about Fern’s history, other than that she is an outcast from the collective Florans. She spent months on an asteroid she fled to that had an outpost on it, the residents often giving her food and regarding any noise in the vents as to being her, they also saw a decline in vermin. Her presence soon became commonplace, except to outpost scientists as she kept stealing their tools, until she met Allen, or more saw.

Relationships:

Methan Allen: “Meeting” him on an asteroid outpost that she had been stranded on for a few months. Fern started to follow him around and stowed away on his ship, when she was discovered, Allen had half a mind to simply shoot her. Luckily for her, he decided otherwise. Despite attempts to lose her in the wilds of planets, she always managed to find him. Eventually Allen got used to her company. She also likes his glowy nature, of which she feeds on the light that is produced, and often leans on him when hungry, to his expense...

Might find it a bit hard to keep Allen's personality consistent. I've never done an asshole character before. He's good at introductions, but spend some time with him and he can be a pain.

An asshole character... With my character acting like a kid... If the ship isn't in flames by the end of this, it'll be a miracle :hurrr:

Fern, on the other hand... Why do I have the feeling this is going to turn into a small animal/insect killing competition? Least if Zolin can peel her away for long enough.

Also, butterflies are evil. I will begin plotting their downfall immediately.

They're based off my two main Starbound characters, I have a Hylotl too but they don't know her.

Oh forgot about that pic of Allen I got.

Here ya goes (the bandanna that I forgot as well simply hangs from his neck)

methan_allen_by_bgame46-d9kr1d7.png

The plants have been doubled! And yes I did just make that Floran greeting thing up on the spot, but honestly it sounds like something they'd actually have.

Ooh, an asshole Novakid, somehow that doesn't surprise me considering they're mostly loners. Surely it doesn't do your social skills any good.

I guarantee it surely did.

For a Glitch trying to imitate a Floran's age old tradition the chances of actually getting it right is insanely low. In my head this greeting is partly like how mute people speak, but using hand and body language instead of just hand gestures to convey a message. In this case it'd be a generalized greeting message that includes the individual's name, their ancestor's names, the tribe they're from and a brief history of their accomplishments (They're tribal hunters after all, what's a greeting without some bragging?).... I overthink these don't I?

A translated version into words would probably be something like "Greetings brother / sister I am *inset name here* of the *insert clan name here* clan from *insert tribe name here*. I am a/an *insert occupation here* . " 
Of course things like these have infinite customization and it varies per person, but that's pretty much the general idea.

I was originally staying in the spot while looking up and down the street, but the post saying I was gone caused improvision. Zolin's imagination seems to be going wild while waiting... Maybe next time, he'll stay away from the heavy boxes and just swing his hammer- Oh wait, that's how the alley got destroyed.

"You can't prove I did it!"

What, did the butterfly mafia try to birdnap you then? Did you get bored and fight an imaginary dragon? We may never know, but it definitely involved shenanigans.

Small update in my side of things:

I will be away from the 27 to the 31, this just means that I will only be able to check and post in the rp on evenings and or early mornings, so I won't be as dynamic in responding as before. Hopefully I can make do with my phone and wi-fi.

Almost read that as you giving Zolin some alcohol... Come to think of it, Allan wouldn't know any better, given all the information he HAS on Zolin is that 'Hes eccentric and an Avian.' You have no idea how tempted I am to nab Sash's shot and down it, just to see what would happen.

*THUD*

Well, that was anticlimactic.

How many times am I going to make Sash cash into something you ask? Who knows! Whenever it stops being funny I guess. (For the love of Celestia, Luna and all things holy don't let him pilot the ship.) :twitwitch:

Maybe I like schadenfreude a little too much?

Let's have some fun with this, then. Don't let this player pilot the ship list:

Zolin (Too young, would use it for a joyride, WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE, :derpydance:)

Sash (Accident prone, sudden meteor belt syndrome/fate decides the ship needs to die day)

Yoko (Asleep at the wheel)

Anyone got anything to add?

Fern (doesn't know how technology works and got to that asteroid by sheer luck, her ship was a mess when it arrived.

Someone needs to place that on a sticky note or piece of paper on the Cockpit's door  

"NOT ALLOWED INSIDE : 

• Sash
  • Yoko
  • Fern
  • ZOLIN!"

Preferably written in a red marker or something.