Badshot

The Job - OOC Thread

Wellp, good thing the only things Sash has are a toolkit (or should I say a tool belt? What are those even called?) potted flower, a spear and a Snake. He's holding the flower in one of the empty toolkit/belt/thingy's pockets. Think of it like a belt with two or three small pouches and some basic tools hanging off it. Probably have to buy some protection / a backpack later.

20 minutes ago, Skyrazer said:

Wellp, good thing the only things Sash has are a toolkit (or should I say a tool belt? What are those even called?)

I believe tool belt can be correct, a more generic term would be utility belt.

Aaw, was hoping Badshot would say Zolin escaped the lasso attempt... Was trying to leave that up to him since it was an interaction our of our control >_>

So much for those plans to mess with Fern... Great, now I don't have squat to do for a while.

That was under your control, it was between two player characters. I guess I could've said that... ah well.

Should I roll an Intelligence check or Charisma check for that override? :sadtwi:

Override methods for SAILs are something every engineer worth their salt should know, he likely picked it up off the Apex that took him in.

And yeah, he doesn't like FTL. Suppose it takes some time to get used to, or maybe it's just a bumpier ride on Allen's ship.

+1 for RNJesus! I've been passing all my speech checks today... :sunset:

Poor Sash though, he's just looking for something to occupy himself with so he isn't thinking about the FTL... And probably vomiting somewhere.

For the record Sash's Utility belt contains the following : Universal screwdriver, hammer, adjustable wrench, a whetstone, a small spool of wire and a wire multi-tool (the old wire-gun before it became a part of the Manipulator).

Also I did roll for that collar grab. https://www.wizards.com/d20modern/d20mdice/dice.htm gave me an 18 on a D20 roll. *phew*

Also the Diagnostics mode shows all the wiring, electronics, pipes and such in the room and if they're operating. Also it probably lit Sis up as well since she's a robot. :hithere:

Red lines are wires (power and data), Blue lines are coolant pipes, Green lines are fuel lines. Depending on the color clusters are either a power conduit (overblown fusebox), blue is a coolant pump or coolant tank and green is a fuel pump or fuel tank.

And I assume only Sash and Mike know what each stands for, maybe even Sis. And it's currently OOC knowledge so Zolin can't sabotage! :hithere:

Good to see you guys conversing, it's like setting the RP into autopilot for a bit and just watching.

Also Yoko, there isn't really an "upstairs". It's a train... ship... trainship.

Bah, my searching goes nowhere then, I suppose it would have been easier to ask S.A.I.L your whereabouts.

(also, for some reason I thought second room was second floor,pardon my terrible reading skills)

1 hour ago, Skyrazer said:

And it's currently OOC knowledge so Zolin can't sabotage! :hithere:

Zolin will be remembering this for later though... Who knows- if we get stuck on an enemy ship he may just screw up the coolant/fuel lines on it just by assuming the lights were important and destroying the walls.

You know, I just remembered- the wires and such show up through walls, and the door probably never got closed. I also remembered it was Fern's Room or Bumper Ships for his major options, and you've been keeping him from Fern's Room. Time to try a different approach.

Have fun.

(Cargo Bay wouldn't survive Zolin anyways :P)

Did I really just type Mine? .-. Remind me not to post here at 7AM when I haven't slept all night.

Wellp. I hope SAIL has contingency protocols for critical hull or system failure or escape pods for that mater. :wtf:

Eh, part of the reason I brought Fern back out, maybe she can distract Zolin. I have failsafes though.

You would think that S.A.I.L. overrides all controls for safety measures doing a jump, I'm fairly certain unless Methan specifically orders so the ship won't just stop jumping before reaching its destination even if a coconut were to hit the controls.