Dr Ned

if there was a cartoon that would make a great movie what would it be?

any cartoon goes except mlp (its already getting a movie this year)

and SpongeBob (he has 2 movies and is getting a third)

and Fairly odd parents (had a live action movie)

I am the plot twist in the second reel...

I am the hair in the lens of your projector...

I am the editor that cuts your scene...

I am the editor that leaves you on the cutting room floor...

I am... Darwking Duck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this really counts, but it's something I'm still somewhat concerned about. Put in spoilers just in case.

If The Lion Guard ends like Final Fantasy XV, there's a possibility that there will be a sequel movie that will basically be a 'Lion Guard' version of Persona 3 FES 'The Answer.'

Where the characters search for answers and 'truths' due to it ending like Final Fantasy XV. Though this could potentially be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING depending on how they have each of the characters take it, and if it turns them into badass Neutral and/or Anti-Hero characters (DEAR GOD YET ALL OF MY YES)

Not that this is what I want to happen. Obviously. I don't want it to end like Final Fantasy XV. :cry:

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 9:01 PM, King Clark said:

I was gonna say Avatar The Last Airbender, but I think we all know how that turned out. XD

I really liked that movie, but then, I never followed the show so I guess I don't have all the issues with it that the real fans would have. I just took it on its own merits. 

If I were to pick a cartoon series for the big screen I'd pick Tiny Toon Adventures or Animaniacs. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 2:58 PM, Nightshroud said:

hmm another one would be duck tales

+1000! :D  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ChB said:

+1000! :D  

I watched Duck Tales every afternoon in the 90s. I hated to see it end. It would make an interesting movie.

On 8/22/2017 at 4:45 PM, Toki Zensekai said:

Super Mario Brothers Super Show. It deserves one, more worthy than the Live Action adaptation.

Yeah, I've always wanted an animated Mario movie, since I was a kid.

Technically there's two Anime Movies of the Super Mario Brothers game that were only released in Japan, but they both have subtitles.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 9:09 PM, BronyTroy said:

being from the 80s i'd say M.A.S.K. for one. oh yeah and Star Wars: Rebels for sure. :slymac:

I guess technically Star Wars: Rebels had a movie as I recall now. Disney combined the first two episodes into a movie that went directly to video.

• Like 2

Considering the crew that made the original show great would be on board again, and that we wouldn't do any genre/style jumps like they tried and failed with The Legend of Aang:

Beast Wars would be great. The characterization, the writing, the style...just like with MLP, they were tasked to write a show meant to sell merchandise, and they turned it into so, so much more.

I also have to agree with Vinny Schway above. Gargoyles could use a movie to finish it's story, as well as a redcon of season 3. I didn't read them yet, but I think they did a good follow-up with the comics, based on what I heard and read, so maybe they could pick up those storylines.

Samurai Jack had been rumored to be finished with a movie for many years, and even though season 5 worked well as a finisher for me, I still would've loved to see that film, given that Genndy Tartakovsky had already applied pretty much every trick in the book of good movie-making to the show throughout its run, I have no doubt he would've made a great movie about it as well.

And, last but not least, something from the Avatar franchise WITHOUT Shayamalans involvement. Just the good, old, 2D animation that made the shows such a huge success. Maybe set between the original show and Legend of Korra, possibly even as an adaption of the comics.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 9:09 PM, BronyTroy said:

being from the 80s i'd say M.A.S.K. for one. oh yeah and Star Wars: Rebels for sure. :slymac:

Also a child of the 80's but I'm going with He-Man & the Masters of the Universe.  A good one this time.  

For a more current show, how about Adventure Time?

• Like 2