Sign in to follow this  
Ded

Steam Winter Sale Recommendations

I can recommend one game:

Dust: An Elysian Tail

While it may look like a furry's dream, the game is incredible well made. It has an interesting story, lovable characters and has just the right amount of action. The game made me cry, and the same happend to a good friend of mine who played the game after me.

The game is 80% off, and for 3 bucks, it is a deal one will not regret, if he still has a beating heart in his chest.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alpha268 said:

While it may look like a furry's dream, the game is incredible well made. It has an interesting story, lovable characters and has just the right amount of action. The game made me cry, and the same happend to a good friend of mine who played the game after me.

The game is 80% off, and for 3 bucks, it is a deal one will not regret, if he still has a beating heart in his chest.

Well I guess I can Agree to that.

Same for Deadlight, short game but awesomely made. Dark story and zombies and stuff. Can't explain why I liked it so much.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

New games don't go on sale for a while, so don't expect any discounts on Fallout 4, Rainbow Six Siege, or Battlefront anytime soon.

Battlefront was just on sale for 33% off, but not as of yesterday. 

4 hours ago, Alpha268 said:

Speaking of those type of games, Ori and the Blind Forest is another good one, got it last night and immediately fell in love with it.

I confirm what has been said so far about Dust: and Elysian Tail.

But that's not what I'm posting about.

What I wanted to say is that I have been eyeing a game called Rebel Galaxy for a little while now and actually bought it during this sale.

It's essentially a third person capital ship open world space combat game (complete of a quest line and side quests with voiced npcs), with a "wild west of space" vibe to it, reflected in the western/country rock tunes that play as you go.

The game has a very Freelancer (the game) feel to it, the difference being you don't fly small fighter ships, you immediately fly a small frigate and all the subsequent ships are bigger frigates, cruisers, destroyers and dreadnoughts.

Combat is pseudo naval warfare, as in all capital class ships including your own fly on one plain in space and you have broadside weaponry, you then also have turrets that have full 3D combat capabilities and you will need them to efficiently dispatch smaller fighter craft, that have the ability to fly in 3D space around you.

All in all if you enjoy a space game and big ships this one is essentially that, and for the price they ask it's really a neat game.

Since we are going serious with recommendations I would go with Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.

I will start with Borderlands 2, you don't really need to play the first one to understand the story. you get straight thrown in.

I has everything you want from a RPG and a first Person shooter. And the story Dlcs make it even better, giving more insight 

to all the characters. One problem you will encounter is that either the game is too easy or too hard at some points (this 

actually hit me at just one point). Another feature is that it brings teamplay and other stuff in you could like. Again test it for yourself.

Other things are said for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. It could be cool and funny but you should only buy it when it is on sale or 

you are a fan of Borderlands and want to know more of the story. This is because it is no different from Borderlands in texture or

Gameplay. And to an addition it is shorter. Other wise the Story and Characters are still great but otherwise Borderlands 2 is more

recommandable.

This may sound dumb, but should I pick up the Witcher series? I got the original in a sale a few years ago but never played it. Heard a lot about the games but never got into them. Is it worth it?

8 hours ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

This may sound dumb, but should I pick up the Witcher series? I got the original in a sale a few years ago but never played it. Heard a lot about the games but never got into them. Is it worth it?

From what I've heard the second one onward are supposedly really good, the last one is huge though so be ready to spend countless hours on stuff to find out you only progressed by a centimeter.

One other recommendation:

Brothers: a tale of two sons is an amazing experience, it isn't very long but it still is a wonderful little game and at the current price it's definitely worth it.

A whole story you experience just by playing, and it doesn't need voice acting or text to convey it, combined with beautiful settings and a very pretty art style.

It does say it requires a controller to play but it is still possible to go keyboard and mouse, it's just a lot easier and intuitive to control the two brothers individually with thumb sticks.

1 hour ago, Light Landstrider said:

From what I've heard the second one onward are supposedly really good, the last one is huge though so be ready to spend countless hours on stuff to find out you only progressed by a centimeter.

But I guess mostly when you have much time to spare. Since they take up time.

Torchlight 2 is also 50% off. Can recommend is a good game although many would say it tries to impersonate Diablo, but has a unique style to it.

Even more fun if you get a party of 4 people together and play it on Elite :D.

Wellp, grabbed Starbound, no idea what else to get...

That feel when you're actually participating in the winter sale after missing like 6 of them and you have no idea what to buy. :doublefacehoof:

1 hour ago, Skyrazer said:

Wellp, grabbed Starbound, no idea what else to get...

That feel when you're actually participating in the winter sale after missing like 6 of them and you have no idea what to buy. :doublefacehoof:

For Starbound we could try grabbing a Friendship is Gaming server and trying to get all the people here to start a new with you :D.

45 minutes ago, Decoy Octopus said:

For Starbound we could try grabbing a Friendship is Gaming server and trying to get all the people here to start a new with you :D.

This, we should have.

8 minutes ago, TheBakaProject said:

This, we should have.

1 minute ago, Badshot said:

I'll grab my... Wait it still crashes my computer... I need to fix that...

Should we create a new Topic for the Lan server and stuff?

1 minute ago, Decoy Octopus said:

Should we create a new Topic for the Lan server and stuff?

We probably should, we've sorta gone off-topic here already.

To get back to recommendations I would also recommend the Deponia series to any Point and click adventure fans.

Great humor, beautifully drawn and good puzzles.

23 minutes ago, Decoy Octopus said:

To get back to recommendations I would also recommend the Deponia series to any Point and click adventure fans.

Great humor, beautifully drawn and good puzzles.

In the same fashion, i can recommend the Edna & Harvey serie from the same devs but the humor is much, MUCH darker.

Just now, TheBakaProject said:

In the same fashion, i can recommend the Edna & Harvey serie from the same devs but the humor is much, MUCH darker.

XD I remember these, they were great.

The new Rainbow Six is pretty slick. Well optimized, snappy controls, and matchmaking seems to have been fixed since the beta. 25% off as of writing.

Battlefront is also 40% off, though the season pass isn't for some reason.