VG_Addict

Old/Forgotten Game Series you'd like to see make a comeback.

There are a lot of old game series that haven't had a new entry in years. 

Personally, I want an Ape Escape 4. The first Ape Escape on PS1 was one of my favorite games as a kid.

• Like 1

Not sure if Jet Set Radio is old enough (or forgotten enough), but I'd like to see it come back.

• Like 2

I would like to see a return of 'Destroy all humans!' I played Destroy all humans 2 on the PS2 when I was a kid and it was so good. The game was unique and compelling, recently it has just turned to shit. I cant really blame the developers though, because the first 2 games took in the 1980s when the UFO phenomenon was a big thing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ribbon said:

Not sure if Jet Set Radio is old enough (or forgotten enough), but I'd like to see it come back.

This please.

Or at least someone get the Steam version working, because last I checked it decided it wouldn't hold onto saves anymore.

Klonoa. It last had a game in the PS2 era.

The Wii game doesn't count because it was pretty much a remake of the original PS1 game.

• Like 1

It's not a series, but I would love most to see the game "Mischief Makers" from N64 days to get a sequel, remake, re-release or whatever.

Aside from that, I have Samurai Legend Musashi, a great PS2 action adventure I absolutely adored, the Megaman Battlenetwork series and Boktai (unfortunately neither will happen anymore, ever...), "Muramasa: The Demon Blade", probably the most beautiful Wii game ever (not counting Okami which was a PS2 game first), and last but not least I would love to see another Chrystal Chronicles game that returns to it's roots, because the first one was simply awesome.

I could probably go on for hours, but that's what I got from the top of my head.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:26 PM, VG_Addict said:

There are a lot of old game series that haven't had a new entry in years. 

Personally, I want an Ape Escape 4. The first Ape Escape on PS1 was one of my favorite games as a kid.

This is a solid choice. I luckily still have my copy and I've gone back and played it from time to time. I've never played any of the sequels/side games, but I'd go all in on 4 in a heartbeat.

As for me, I'd love a proper sequel to Dragon's Dogma.

It's story was, admittedly, kind of lacking, but I really enjoyed the gameplay.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:28 PM, J. Brony said:

Skies of Arcadia.

In my opinion, this is hands down the most underrated RPG.  It's release toward the end of the ill-fated Dreamcast's life cycle probably didn't do it any favors, but I managed to obtain a Dreamcast and this game for dirt cheap not too long after the PS2 triumphed over the Dreamcast.

Since there's a high chance the Rhythm Heaven series is ded:

Rhythm Doctor better fill the void that is the Rhythm Heaven series