PinkiePie97

Fundamentals of Magic

While I did enjoy the short, and I'm very pleased to see Celestia cast in this kind of roll, I have to wonder what Hasbro is up to.  They're suddenly producing all these shorts.  Is this one also from Boulder or did it originate from DHX? I'm assuming the acquisition of that company mean they'll have more time to make content by splitting the two series up in terms of production.

But most of all, is this the beginning of a mini-series starring Celestia?  Or will there be a string of random episodes focusing on different characters?  Either way I'm psyched.

What the hell is this? I don't know if they're making these shorts to expand this universe, but it's pretty late into the show.

Oh, and Celestia is narrating. She doesn't do anything particularly interesting outside of... narrating about magic.

It is basically same type of video like with Rarity and fashion. And it is still reusing existing animations from previous episodes, just not recycling entire clips with background. 

17 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

It is basically same type of video like with Rarity and fashion. And it is still reusing existing animations from previous episodes, just not recycling entire clips with background. 

I don't remember a video with Rarity. Actually, this is the first time I heard about online MLP shorts, and I can't even find anything about them on the MLP wiki.

I have no idea what airs on American TV and what doesn't. What I know is that Hasbro did upload them to youtube.

As for why now? Well I have no idea but 2017 seems like be the year of MLP for Hasbro or something.  

• Like 2

Guess this is part of a new series of shorts. The one from September was taken down not long after it was posted, so it must’ve been posted by mistake.

They also uploaded the first episode, which is the same short they uploaded in September.

The 8th season will be a really interesting one. I wonder if there's gonna be a slew of new characters or forms of plot twists here and there since Celestia's on-board with this school.