Oldmanjenkins

Adblock

So just out of interest, do you use adblock on EQD? I used to, but stopped using it just to support the site. The ads are not over the top and don't really get in the way, so it would be great to see more people not using it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Havocbyte said:

I don't use Adblock at all. and I don't experience any pop-up ads on EQD compared to other websites that I visit.

Yeah, some websites like Weather dot com have so much ads, it slows down the computer. EQD and MLPF are nothing like that.

Turned off in EQD and its forums. These ads are not intrusive and it's adsense from google, so I have never been "shocked" by one of them, it's safe for all.

• Like 3

I use Adblock across all sites. Regardless if EQD might have fine ads, too many sites have pop-up ads these days and I can't trust it.

2 hours ago, Nile Komnenos said:

I use Adblock across all sites. Regardless if EQD might have fine ads, too many sites have pop-up ads these days and I can't trust it.

You really should disable it. Of course, its your choice, but as other people have pointed out, they are not intrusive, there is no pop ups. None of them are inappropriate and they are not distracting. Remember that the site stays alive because of ads. By allowing ads on this site, you are giving the developers money, without having to do anything.

I do understand your argument though. In the end, its your choice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nile Komnenos said:

I can personally guarantee you that you will not see a pop up ad, although I have seen some ads here that I would consider cringy 

• Like 3

I use adblock on PC, but not on mobile (obviously). EQD is honestly not an exception since there are creepy ads I only see here and nowhere else.

Also I doubt many people click on the ads either way.

16 minutes ago, Oldmanjenkins said:

If Adblock is your best friend, I would hate to live in your pathetic and sad life.

But you do feel strongly about it. Must be a love-hate relationship

8 minutes ago, Oldmanjenkins said:

Nah, I just feel strongly about supporting EQD.

Then lose the vitriol, it's not going to make anyone like EQD more.

2 minutes ago, Agilaz said:

Then lose the vitriol, it's not going to make anyone like EQD more.

The only thing I am vitriolic about is LostSanity. Apart from that, everything is fine by me.

:approve:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Oldmanjenkins said:

The only thing I am vitriolic about is LostSanity. Apart from that, everything is fine by me.

:approve:

He is the village jester?

1 hour ago, Agilaz said:

since there are creepy ads

Just out of curiosity, what kind of ads are creepy? I mean, I have seen some pretty weird ads (not here) like ads for Russian wives but never a creepy one. Most of the time I see ads I might find interesting. :HappyPinkie:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fintale said:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of ads are creepy? I mean, I have seen some pretty weird ads (not here) like ads for Russian wives but never a creepy one. Most of the time I see ads I might find interesting. :HappyPinkie:

I do see ads that are interesting, and ones which are obviously from my own search history. I found a decent website selling greenhouses and gardening equipment through an ad on this forum.

But there are also more distasteful ads, namely the gay anime. I wasn't going to go there because I didn't want a drama, but for all I know I'm the only one getting recommended that trash.

Just personal preference, I'm not going to tell anyone they should use adblock.

Guys, you also can inform adsense that you don't want to see more ads in the topic who bother you by clicking on the top right cross.

gygjtyjtyjtyjt.PNG

Available in the top ad only.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, Oldmanjenkins said:

Nah, I just feel strongly about supporting EQD.

and I feel strongly about not having those annoying video ads that pretty much won't let you scroll away from them so you have to refresh the page

• Like 1