Ded

Starbound Friendship is Gaming server

There we have it a Starbound Server topic.

Maybe we could discuss here if we start over, then how and what mods we could use.

Also who hosts the server etc. . 

Let get going.

The Pony Modpack would probably be an obvious choice. Unless people like sticking to the vanilla races, I'm fine with either though.

As for who hosts it... schedule, Internet and location relative to the rest take priority.

2 minutes ago, Skyrazer said:

The Pony Modpack would probably be an obvious choice. Unless people like sticking to the vanilla races, I'm fine with either though.

As for who hosts it... schedule, Internet and location relative to the rest take priority.

I would totally go with Modpack, quite fits out theme here :D. Also for the hosts I would say just 2 people. One for the EU times and one for NA times.

Still need to consider then who is most Online with a stable connection (first reason why not me, I have no stable connection).

Ehhh, idk about Starbound ponies.

But I would be all for a server if I can fix the crashing problem. I can help make the hub world or something.

4 minutes ago, Badshot said:

But I would be all for a server if I can fix the crashing problem. I can help make the hub world or something.

You can just have it installed, you don't need to play as one.

Also yeah that would be nice.

I'm cool for music mods, used to play the winter wrap up chip tune on the in game instruments.

But pony races will be something I definitely wont use, because I'm a boring guy and play as a Human :pinkieshrug:

40 minutes ago, Light Landstrider said:

I'm cool for music mods, used to play the winter wrap up chip tune on the in game instruments.

But pony races will be something I definitely wont use, because I'm a boring guy and play as a Human :pinkieshrug:

We can be gunslinger buddies that hate eachother! : D

Because I'm sure Mike is gonna hate Allen, as well as everyone else.

• Like 1

Oh sure, give me an excuse to play as Zolin in another place. And play Starbound again, for that matter.

Actually, would love to do that again... Been ages since I've done SB/Terraria and in the mood lately.

Well I or we still need all the people that want to play, I would ask if we should create a Steamgroup, so we could talk about things faster.

After we are done with going over the basics.

Did that anyway, just add me and ask if you want to be added.

2 hours ago, Light Landstrider said:

Again, with this mod ponies will not overwrite the main classes. As well as it adds op things.

It is just a mod which adds 6 classes and I would just ask if you install it so we could play together.

11 hours ago, Badshot said:

I don't really play with them either, got the mod on for all the other stuff (Music, plushie decorations, etc.). The races themselves are pretty nice but there's a lot of funky stuff going on with the unfinished equipment and the ship tiers so I refrain from using them until they get fleshed out some more.

Also what sort of crashes are you getting? Any mods you're running? Maybe you're missing some of the redistributable stuff like the .net framework or Visual C++ libraries. 

1 hour ago, Decoy Octopus said:

Well I or we still need all the people that want to play, I would ask if we should create a Steamgroup, so we could talk about things faster.

After we are done with going over the basics.

Did that anyway, just add me and ask if you want to be added.

Well, so far there's you, me, @Light Landstrider , @Badshot , @recentteen14 and maybe we can drag @TheBakaProject or @Alpha268 in. :sunset:

Oh, right. Also Mighty Music is the best songpack mod out there, even comes bundled with the songbook extender.

5 minutes ago, Skyrazer said:

I don't really play with them either, got the mod on for all the other stuff (Music, plushie decorations, etc.). The races themselves are pretty nice but there's a lot of funky stuff going on with the unfinished equipment and the ship tiers so I refrain from using them until they get fleshed out some more.

Well, so far there's you, me, @Light Landstrider , @Badshot , @recentteen14 and maybe we can drag @TheBakaProject or @Alpha268 in. :sunset:

Oh, right. Also Mighty Music is the best songpack mod out there, even comes bundled with the songbook extender.

Added the Music pack to the list, I will ask BakaProject and Alpha.

1 hour ago, Skyrazer said:

Also what sort of crashes are you getting? Any mods you're running? Maybe you're missing some of the redistributable stuff like the .net framework or Visual C++ libraries. 

Like blue screens, says windows encountered an error and must restart (you know, windows 10 version)

Happens faster on servers than single play, and I know it's there because I did it about a week ago to get a picture of Allen.

49 minutes ago, Badshot said:

Like blue screens, says windows encountered an error and must restart (you know, windows 10 version)

Happens faster on servers than single play, and I know it's there because I did it about a week ago to get a picture of Allen.

So, far as I can tell this seems to be a Windows 10 issue, nothing Chucklefish can fix. It might be a problem with DirectX on Win 10....  If not that then it's likely a Win10 related hardware problem with Nvidia GPUs since everyone I saw who had CTDs with Starbound were running an Nvidia card.

I honestly haven't had any issues so far running it on Win10 in x64 mode though I do have an R9 280x.

My best guess right now is to try and run it in OpenGL mode and if that doesn't work then you'll just have to wait until Microsoft fix their shit.

Have you contacted Starbound support yet? Or searched the internet for the thing.

8 minutes ago, Badshot said:

I haven't tried openGL but I can try.

I would like to know what exactly it could be, because it can't be that this game causes every single time a Bluescreen.

13 minutes ago, Decoy Octopus said:

Have you contacted Starbound support yet? Or searched the internet for the thing.

I would like to know what exactly it could be, because it can't be that this game causes every single time a Bluescreen.

As I said, there's nothing Chucklefish (the game devs) can do about that It's an issue with certain hardware or an issue with DirectX (the former is much worse). BSODs happen during a hardware failure, trying to read from/write to bad memory chunks and any critical error with the whole system/OS not just a certain program. Programs themselves just crash if something's their fault and the underlying OS keeps running since it's not affected directly, it just provides an environment for programs to function. A program crashing is like your chair breaking because whoever made it didn't do a very good job while a BSOD's like your house collapsing cause some idiot though it'd be a good idea to bring down a support or the walls got too old to support the house's weight.

3 minutes ago, Skyrazer said:

As I said, there's nothing Chucklefish (the game devs) can do about that It's an issue with certain hardware or an issue with DirectX (the former is much worse). BSODs happen during a hardware failure, trying to read from/write to bad memory chunks and any critical error with the whole system/OS not just a certain program. Programs themselves just crash if something's their fault and the underlying OS keeps running since it's not affected directly, it just provides an environment for programs to function. A program crashing is like your chair breaking because whoever made it didn't do a very good job while a BSOD's like your house collapsing cause some idiot though it'd be a good idea to bring down a support or the walls got too old to support the house's weight.

Although it is in Beta, who knows if this is his fault or also this could provide them with knowledge they probably need to prevent this from happening to others.

Writing a support doesn't always mean you want help you sometimes also provide one. Otherwise I would only do this if the Internet doesn't have the answer what I at the time don't know because I don't know the specific reasons for his crash (could probably be that none of the Graphic cards got activated to drive this game).

Ey, since we are done planning with the server I would like if you could tell me the dates when you are available.

Errr.. Wellp, any time I'm online on steam basically. Long as I'm not doing any modding that is. 

Also might consider adding Fracking Universe, it's a pretty expansive mod and adds a lot of science-y stuff as well as new enemies, weapons, biomes, planets and well pretty much everything.

2 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Also might consider adding Fracking Universe, it's a pretty expansive mod and adds a lot of science-y stuff as well as new enemies, weapons, biomes, planets and well pretty much everything.

Send the link, I'm too lazy.

1:30 PM - 6 AM CST is when I'm on, with work being between 5:30-10:30 3 days, an hour earlier on each Friday. Long as I'm not screwed by not being a morning person, work shouldn't be too bad to catch up from though. Computer is on 24/7 due to Idle Online Universe, and I never really change my steam status, but I'll try to respond to any messages as I notice them/get home and see them.

Okay after this I guess We could start at Friday (for Recentteen), time is unclear but I would just say all write me on Steam on Friday so I can initiate when I have read all 6.