Ded

Starbound Friendship is Gaming server

In regards to the what is steam question.

Steam hosts many many games, including f2p ones, it's honestly the best gaming tool out there. Trust us, you won't regret it.

My question is how the heck you came to a forum that primarily focuses on a steam game, came to a topic for a completely different steam game, and not know what steam is. Even if you came from somewhere like EQD, you should still know what you're getting into before you come to a forum... That, and ponies are a completely different section that isn't hard to miss, so you obviously at least know SOMETHING about what you're looking at. So, are you really 11 and don't know what the heck you're doing- or are you just a troll on an alt? Because the latter seems MUCH more likely.

Decoy, you need to be at least 13 to have your own Steam account, like most other things. Even if this guy made an account and ignored that rule, they wouldn't be able to buy any games- which would take Starbound out anyways.

3 minutes ago, recentteen14 said:

My question is how the heck you came to a forum that primarily focuses on a steam game, came to a topic for a completely different steam game, and not know what steam is.

To be fair you can get Starbound by other means than steam, that is why it has a launcher.

2 hours ago, Light Landstrider said:

To be fair you can get Starbound by other means than steam, that is why it has a launcher.

It's still a small, relatively unknown forum you'd have to go out of your way to find if you weren't a brony or a TF2 player. Combine that with the fact that we've only got 4 Starbound topics tops, and 3 of those are in RP- there should have been NUMEROUS other places this person would have landed first. It just doesn't add up to me- I really don't believe some random 11 year old made a shot in the dark and somehow ended up here going for this server. Even if I am wrong, that still leaves the issues of no steam making it... interesting to mod the game, since they likely won't know how- and all the guides for modding assume you have the steam version. They might not have SB at all, and they almost certainly wouldn't have Tunngle or know how to use it. Also, we may not be the best group for him to play with even if all this wasn't the case, considering the age gap.

6 minutes ago, recentteen14 said:

It's still a small, relatively unknown forum you'd have to go out of your way to find if you weren't a brony or a TF2 player. Combine that with the fact that we've only got 4 Starbound topics tops, and 3 of those are in RP- there should have been NUMEROUS other places this person would have landed first. It just doesn't add up to me- I really don't believe some random 11 year old made a shot in the dark and somehow ended up here going for this server. Even if I am wrong, that still leaves the issues of no steam making it... interesting to mod the game, since they likely won't know how- and all the guides for modding assume you have the steam version. They might not have SB at all, and they almost certainly wouldn't have Tunngle or know how to use it. Also, we may not be the best group for him to play with even if all this wasn't the case, considering the age gap.

My thoughts exactly. Also "modding" Starbound encompasses throwing files into a folder which even a technically impaired person could do since the game deals with the rest. There's no difference between the Steam and non-Steam versions as Steam only runs the Launcher from which you start the game and provides the Overlay (until they add Steamworks at least).

But still don't forget we are linked to Equestriadaily.

Also what is bad about that he found us?

7 hours ago, Decoy Octopus said:

But still don't forget we are linked to Equestriadaily.

Also what is bad about that he found us?

Idk but yeah a lot of people come from EQD.

Anyway back on the topic of Starbound.

Speaking of Starbound. I may require some Guinea pi- I mean testers! :twitwitch: Yeah, testers! Right!

I'm resurrecting the old MMN (Ammo Overhaul) mod by Wyrmheart who has abandoned the project since the Combat Update broke a lot of it. Recently I've picked it up and started piecing it together, got a few things ported over to the new system in a working condition but there's quite a lot to go. Thing is, most of the stuff is unbalanced for the new update and I could use people willing to test things out and provide feedback. I'd be happy to take anyone willing to play around with em and help in rebalancing. 

EDIT : OH, right forgot to mention I may be looking for someone willing to make a few sprites in Starbound's style for a new feature I'd like to implement. But that's for down the line. And we're still on for this Saturday, however someone else's gonna have to host. Uni internet's not cutting it these days, seems like they got technical difficulties or something.

I'd be glad to be a tester, so just tell me when you need the crash test dummy aka me.

As for the hosting I unfortunately will once again be away for the early part of the evening on Saturday, so it will have to be someone else unless I can just leave the server running without checking on it. (Might want someone that can restart it if need be)

Soooo, due to unforeseen events the weekly Starbound game's delayed. New time is around noon on Sunday. Blame Tunngle. *deploys smoke grenade and vanishes*

Ok then, so if anyone got the server up and running last Sunday evening (after I closed it) let me know, otherwise server will be back up later today, if anyone wants it up now just message me here or on steam.

Hey I just wanted to throw this in here. My boyfriend and I have been running a starbound server for a couple months now for us and a few friends. and we would love to include more people if yall are still looking for a sever. We use the pony modpack as well as frackin universe and a handfull of other small mods. I guess just let me know if anyone is interested. :) I can send a mod folder zip to anyone that wants to join. Also we have the hardwere to start a second server if not everyone wants to use the mods we have.

@Vital_Mender I'll discuss this with the current group, thing is we so far also have a working server and I'll first have to see if the others are OK about switching to a different one (considering a few of us have been base building), other thing to note is that most of us are on the European time zones, if your server is up and running 24/7 then that isn't much of a problem I guess so let me know details wise what it is you have going on.

@Light Landstrider Well I am in no way trying to get people to leave any other server. However we would be more than happy to have any number of you join us. Our server is running 24/7, and we have about 6-8 people who play at various times of day. If at any point you decide to join us our mod folder can be found [here].The only rules we have are be friendly and don't break or take other's things unless they say you can. :P  Feel free to boop me on skype at: blastradiuss if you decide to join, or have any questions. I can toss you the server address over skype.