Mr. X

Do You Still Live With Your Parents?

At 27 (as of just a few weeks ago), I still do -- largely because I have this.

P.S.: God, please don't let me turn out like Chris-Chan. :shock:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bakaarion said:

27, I don't.

But I did until 25-26 and that was a matter of depression.

Hope you're better now! I've had bouts of depression, being unable to do about anything without help. depression is definitely no fun.

• Like 1

I'm perfectly good now, thanks :HappyPinkie:

Yes depressions are not fun. I always been kinda depressed before, but it makes you stronger definitely.

Also I'm sorry for people who stay at parents home, I know that's not very comfortable to talk about it when you're with friends.

• Like 1

Yes. And I hate it. But I'm stuck here for two more years...

How is it I manage to post here right when people start talking about depression? I swear, I didn't do it on purpose.

• Like 3

I'm 35 and I'm a doctor. Decided I'd live with my parents because we have a house in a small town one hour from the place I work and I just like them. Never found a reason to leave them and, honestly, leaving implied bills and a lot of unnecessary headache.

• Like 6

I do still live with my parents, but when I have enough money to pull a few strings with some of my dads contacts in the real estate industry, I will be able to get my own property, rent it out and secure a passive income. I will then be able get my own place. 

• Like 1

Yes, I still live with my folks. Only because it's hard for a guy like me to get my own place.

Still, my folks are kind enough to let me stay, as long as I'm working

• Like 1

When I was about 15 my mother started making fun of me saying that I would live with my parents until I'm 25. I'm not sure what she was trying to accomplish by this but I didn't find it funny. It was surprisingly nice to watch as her disappointment grew every year as I grew older. When I was 25 and still living with them, she didn't find it funny anymore, but I did. Then I moved to another city over 250 km away from them.

• Like 1

tfw move out and now as I watch my finances I can slowly watch them shrink as I run out of options in an economy full of throw-away, low-paying jobs for someone of my position.

gee poverty may send me to the army or my Dad's.

• Like 1

I'm 23 right now, and I still live with my parents because working at Wal-Mart doesn't offer me a sustainable income and there's no one whom I can move in with to mitigate the costs. Plus, I have school to worry about and that takes a decent sized chunk of my money every year. I'll probably be moving out once I get into a 4-year university (provided that I actually get in), but I'm not necessarily looking forward to that on account of it being located in a place that's even more expensive to live. On the other hand, living with my parents is a nightmare that I hope to eventually wake up from.

I do. I'm not even legally an adult yet so that probably counts as one explanation. Another explanation would be that I'm not working so I wouldn't be able to support myself on my own.

1 hour ago, Friendship is Horses said:

You'd be with the prosecution, I'm guessing.

Right now I'm struggling to find someone that will give me a chance. Most jobs require experience but I can't get experience unless someone gives me a chance.

:doublefacehoof:

• Like 3

As of this post I'm 38 years old. I still live with my mother, and visit my father regularly. My mother is in her late 60's. She has had both knees operated on, and there's things she can't do anymore. One good nor'easter and she'd be stranded on her house. I mow the lawn, rake the leaves, use the snow-blower, put out the trash/recyclables, and we split the bills. I help my father and stepmother out with stuff at their house, too.

And I feel no shame with living with my mother.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

As of this post I'm 38 years old. I still live with my mother, and visit my father regularly. My mother is in her late 60's. She has had both knees operated on, and there's things she can't do anymore. One good nor'easter and she'd be stranded on her house. I mow the lawn, rake the leaves, use the snow-blower, put out the trash/recyclables, and we split the bills. I help my father and stepmother out with stuff at their house, too.

And I feel no shame with living with my mother.

I would argue that's more of your mother living with you unless your mother is still the one paying the bills. But it's a commendable act nonetheless how much you're willing to help your parents in their old age.

50 minutes ago, PixelGrip94 said:

I would argue that's more of your mother living with you unless your mother is still the one paying the bills. But it's a commendable act nonetheless how much you're willing to help your parents in their old age.

Well, we both pay the bills. She still works full-time.

• Like 1

I moved out of my parents' house 14 years ago.  But I waited until a solid opportunity presented itself before I did.  

No one should feel bad about their situation if it's the one that's best for you at the moment.  Don't be in any kind of rush to move out and be "independent" unless you're 100% positive that you can live comfortably under your current circumstances.    

• Like 1