Bakaarion

Quote your life.

Hello fillies and gentlecolts !

Yes I like quotes, I think these short statements may be very significant, inspiring, and true slice of life.

I offer you to share your favorites quotes here, from clever philosopher, cinema, history, comics, or whatever. The reputation of its author is not important, just remember to name it.

Here is one of my favorite :

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Aristotle

• Like 3

"We have been held by force to a four year span of time in history, never being allowed to move forward as a result of over 150 years of occupation, while the occupiers have carried on; yet the occupiers are in a progression of self destruction, not based on the superiority of a race, but because of what Patrick Henry observed June 5, 1788...

'Those nations who have gone in search of grandeur, power and slendor, have also fallen a sacrifice, and been the victims of their own folly: Wile they aquired those visionary blessings, they lost their freedom.'

We Southern Confederates possess the right of inheritance and freedom of political will, and it is our cause to end the occupation and move forward, with the simple goal of protecting individual liberty."

Public dispatch from the Confederate States government, September 3, 2017

bOv52RN.jpg

• Like 2

"My past does not define me, because my past is not today."

-Sunset Shimmer 

• Like 3

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
- The Lord of The Rings
  • Like 1

"The high-minded man must care more for the truth than what other people think."

- Aristotle

"Religious apologists complain bitterly that atheists and secularists are aggressive and hostile in their criticism of them.  I always say: look, when you guys were in charge, you didn't argue with us, you just burnt us at the stake. Now what we're doing is, we're presenting you with some arguments and come challenging questions, and you complain."

- A.C. Grayling

"Bureaucracy and social harmony are inversely proportional to each other."

- Leon Trotsky

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"This country [the United States] has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem."

-Joe Rogan

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RTC said:

"Truth crushed to earth is truth still and like a seed will rise again."

-Jefferson Davis

Reminds me of this:

quote-a-man-may-die-nations-may-rise-and

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Oldmanjenkins said:

'You have to think anyway, so why not think big?'

Donald Trump

Not to get all "political" (Trump's been a member of both major parties, after all), but I think it's spot-on that our 45th President files thinking in the "obligations" category.

1 hour ago, Fintale said:

"Money can't buy you happiness, but poverty can buy you nothing"

I have no idea who said this.

'Money can't buy you happiness, but money can buy you things that will make you happy. '

Oldmanjenkins

• Like 1

"Why should I be like anyone else when I can be the one and only?" Roman Reigns, WWE (paraphrased from his on-going MY LIFE IS A LIE rivalry with John Cena)

• Like 1