Now I do support the pairing.  But if and I do emphiaze "IF" the show was to hint at it again or even reference it as a nod to the fanbase. I see it going along the direction of Twilight casting a temporary transformation Spell on Spike (perhaps as a b-day gift) to let him see what it's like to be a pony for at least 24hrs.  Then you have Rarity enter into the picture, see Spike in his pony form, and go from there.  Thus, though this, you at least for one episode give the Sparity supporters what they have been waiting for, and close the book on it for the time being, with the characters acknowledging that perhaps there is something there between them besides friendship.

You want a good example of this, check out the "Family Matters" Episode where Steve temporary became Stephan before changing back, and how Laura fell for him in that form.  Just saying.

Now I know some people have said he would be nothing more than a colt, but what if Twlight was to cast a transformation spell to not only make him into a pony for day, but also the same height and age, that could work and they could the route I suggested above with Rarity entering the picture and go from there.

I ship these two like crazy. Spike has liked Rarity since literally the first episode, and I have so much respect for him. He has been put in so many awkward and cringy situations pretty much throughout the whole series and he is the main, go-to character for slapstick comedy and a cheap laugh. He is able to keep his cool and not make an idiot of himself, (as most of us would) even though he spends pretty much the majority of his time with a bunch of young girls, one of which, he has a crush on. He hasn't exactly had the best fortune and I would love it if he got together with Rarity. The guy deserves a break. If Twilight were able to turn him into a pony for at least 24 hours that would be his chance to get Rarity. Plus it makes for a great plot for an episode, as we haven't seen much of this stuff before.

So transformation spell and aging spell. I don't want to say what that reminds me of.

Anyway they won't do it, at least it is very unlikely. Spike and Rarity thing is just a crush a young kid has towards an older girl. Specifically it is TV Trope Precocious Crush. An example would be Gravity Falls, Dipper having crush on Wendy. It's meant to be adorable and comedic though it can potentially be annoying too.

• Like 2

Sorry, Jenkins. I love Spike, but I gotta make a pass on Sparity. The fact that Spike is referred to as a baby multiple times throughout the show while Rarity is an adult mare creeps me out. Equestria Girls makes it worse because while Rarity is a human, he's a dog.

While I really value their relationship if it's written correctly, Rarity just clearly isn't interested. I know that some might argue that she should "give him a chance," but that seems unfair to both of them. Rarity would be being forced into something she didn't want to do, while Spike would just be being lead on.

I love Rarity (she's one of my two favourite ponies) but she constantly takes advantage of Spike's crush on her, and, while it's proven useful sometimes, and Spike isn't the only one she's charmed into helping her and/or her friends, Spike is also one of her closest friends and it seriously needs to stop.

• Like 2

Actually never understood why is he still called baby dragon. Why not kid dragon or dragon child? I mean he probably is similar age to CMC, maybe a bit older.

52 minutes ago, Peridot said:

Sorry, Jenkins. I love Spike, but I gotta make a pass on Sparity. The fact that Spike is referred to as a baby multiple times throughout the show while Rarity is an adult mare creeps me out. Equestria Girls makes it worse because while Rarity is a human, he's a dog.

While I really value their relationship if it's written correctly, Rarity just clearly isn't interested. I know that some might argue that she should "give him a chance," but that seems unfair to both of them. Rarity would be being forced into something she didn't want to do, while Spike would just be being lead on.

I love Rarity (she's one of my two favourite ponies) but she constantly takes advantage of Spike's crush on her, and, while it's proven useful sometimes, and Spike isn't the only one she's charmed into helping her and/or her friends, Spike is also one of her closest friends and it seriously needs to stop.

Yeah. I see your point.

I always had a soft-spot for the story-arc around Spike's crush on Rarity. Secret of my Excess is one of my favorite Spike episodes, after Gauntlet of Fire. The scene where they fell and Spike confessed was really touching to me. However, I do not support the ship because inter-species ships are just not my taste. It's a very cute crush with a few good episodes, but that's about it. 

I'm not sure why Spike's age is often brought up as an argument against the ship. Hypothetically, can't they just get together when Spike gets older? It's not like most Sparity supporters say they should get married NOW, right? The age gap matters much less, once they are both adults. 

7 hours ago, ChB said:

I'm not sure why Spike's age is often brought up as an argument against the ship. Hypothetically, can't they just get together when Spike gets older? It's not like most Sparity supporters say they should get married NOW, right? The age gap matters much less, once they are both adults. 

Let's reverse the situation and have an older guy scoping out a prepubescent girl, pegging her as "the one" when she's probably ten years below the age of majority.

Creepy yet?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChB said:

Another reasons besides what ABA said would that the show will never actually go that far in to the future so Spike will remain underage forever. Poor guy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Let's reverse the situation and have an older guy scoping out a prepubescent girl, pegging her as "the one" when she's probably ten years below the age of majority.

Creepy yet?

Indeed. I don't pay much ch attention to shipping, but anything involving such a young character is creepy. And that's putting it mildly.

• Like 1

Well, not "anything." Two young characters of about the same age is perfectly fine. Puppy love, first crush, etc. It's when you add the imbalanced ages that it definitely takes the fork to Creepytown.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, LostSanity said:

You posted the same thing twice.

Regardless...

It's cute but clearly one-sided.

it may seem that way. But here's my question, how do we know the real age of Spike.  for all we know, from a dragon sense, he could be around her age. Remember dragons come in shapes and sizes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bwrosas said:

how do we know the real age of Spike.  for all we know, from a dragon sense, he could be around her age. Remember dragons come in shapes and sizes.

Yes, but I think the issue is whether Spike is an adult in the dragon sense. Many other dragons in Dragon Quest appear to be teenagers, and they are much bigger and have deeper voices. 

From the dragon perspective he is still a "baby dragon". Dragons live long so it takes more years to reach the mature age, not less. Like how elves for example in D&D are adults when they reach 125 years.Spike does have mature moments but he still has plenty of childish moments too. Besides who says kids can't be mature for their age?

And yes we know that dragons live long since dragon hibernation takes hundred years (Dragonshy). And in recent episode when Dash was telling a story we saw Ember's father in it even though that story is ancient.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2017 at 11:00 AM, Cinder Vel said:

And in recent episode when Dash was telling a story we saw Ember's father in it even though that story is ancient.

Granted, I'm not sure if it was really him... or just a random Dragon with a recycled design.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anti-Villain said:

Granted, I'm not sure if it was really him... or just a random Dragon with a recycled design.

Well that is fair guess for this show but I like to think that they would be careful about reusing such an important character. But I doubt we will ever know so it's a mystery. A Shrodinger Dragon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anti-Villain said:

Yeahhhh no, it was him. You can tell by how he looks like himself, a unique character. Like how if you see Ember you're like "oh, it's Ember" without having to wait for another character to address her by name, because you know what Ember looks like.