PinkiePie97

New Trailer

It's just too bad that rumors are indicating Tempest will be redeemed.

If it's as half-assed and ridiculous as the other so-called 'redemption's' in this show...

It'll likely be my last straw with this show, it's BS, and this fandom in general that clearly can't accept opinions.

While I think the first one was better (the real first trailer, not that cruddy announcement trailer...), it was a pretty good trailer. I'm loving the development that Tempest gets in the trailer though, the fact that she has such disdain for how ponies in Equestria use magic is warranted given her broken horn and I'm interested in what "far greater things" Tempest wants to use magic for. Perhaps using it to potentially fix her broken horn...or maybe something more? But other than that, again I felt the first trailer was better. I feel it had a much better flow than this one did in how it explains what's going on without giving too much away whereas this trailer seemed to have some random scenes hodgepodged together. Plus I found the three different songs in the trailer to not mesh very well and be kind of distracting, but that parts just trailer preference for me. I doubt it bothers many others.

Super spoilery thing about the trailer that I just noticed. Look at your own risk.

Also, just noticed this one upon my 3rd/4th watch (lost count), but GOD DAMN IT, CELESTIA. CAN'T YOU BE USEFUL FOR 5 F&*KIN' MINUTES?!?

DJjj-W8U8AA3-I6.jpg:large

27 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

If it's as half-assed and ridiculous as the other so-called 'redemption's' in this show...

It'll likely be my last straw with this show, it's BS, and this fandom in general that clearly can't accept opinions.

And for the record: yes, the fandom CAN accept other opinions, but similar to how you don't like the show staff doing the same thing over and over again with their villain redemptions, it gets kind of annoying to hear the exact same criticism about the exact same characters over and over again. In the words of a certain pony show that I'm not sure you're aware of:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

King Sombra?

No, Sombra is only redeemed in the comic not the show. He's referring to Starlight and Trixie (and potentially Discord). But for the love of god, don't get him started. We've heard it enough already.

Also, quick note: they've definitely been listening to the fan feedback about including the Mane 6 actresses in the trailer credits and for that, I truly commend Hasbro/DHX/whoever else is involved with making the trailers and promotional material.

1 hour ago, LostSanity said:

Actually this fandom can accept opinions. But, that isn't the main issue here. The problem is that you seem to think that just because your "opinions" aren't being accepted, that automatically means that this applies to the fandom as a whole and everyone else's opinions. Not true.

Wanna know why people aren't accepting your opinions? It's because you absolutely refuse to back anything up. This has become a pattern. You post something about bad redemptions, someone debunks your argument, then you complain or whine without actually defending your argument, leave, then go back to posting the same stuff over and over again. No, you are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. Nobody is entitled to be ignorant. You have never posted anything remotely close to an informed opinion. You just post the same shit over and over and expect people to respect you and blow smoke up your ass for basically being lazy. Guess what? That is never happening until you actually decide to back up your points! If you can't put in the effort to defend your arguments or even put one together, then why should anyone accept your opinions?

I also especially don't appreciate the assumption that just because people aren't agreeing with your weak points, that means that this fandom as a whole are a bunch of pricks who won't listen to anyone. Absolutely disrespectful!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, King Clark said:

Actually this fandom can accept opinions. But, that isn't the main issue here. The problem is that you seem to think that just because your "opinions" aren't being accepted, that automatically means that this applies to the fandom as a whole and everyone else's opinions. Not true.

Wanna know why people aren't accepting your opinions? It's because you absolutely refuse to back anything up. This has become a pattern. You post something about bad redemptions, someone debunks your argument, then you complain or whine without actually defending your argument, leave, then go back to posting the same stuff over and over again. No, you are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. Nobody is entitled to be ignorant. You have never posted anything remotely close to an informed opinion. You just post the same shit over and over and expect people to respect you and blow smoke up your ass for basically being lazy. Guess what? That is never happening until you actually decide to back up your points! If you can't put in the effort to defend your arguments or even put one together, then why should anyone accept your opinions?

That, and he's been doing the same song and dance about leaving the fandom ever since they brought back Discord in Season 3, which is like, what, four and a half years?

Back on topic, as much as I like the trailer, am I the only one who thinks the story might be getting overstuffed? Or is it me?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

Back on topic, as much as I like the trailer, am I the only one who thinks the story might be getting overstuffed? Or is it me?

I don't think it'll be overstuffed considering the runtime. I think they'll be able to fit everything in the 99 minute runtime just fine provided they don't spend too much time establishing things before the Storm King and crew show up.

30 minutes ago, King Clark said:

I also especially don't appreciate the assumption that just because people aren't agreeing with your weak points, that means that this fandom as a whole are a bunch of pricks who won't listen to anyone. Absolutely disrespectful!

Also, does anypony have a medal? If not, I'll be delighted to chip in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PixelGrip94 said:

I don't think it'll be overstuffed considering the runtime. I think they'll be able to fit everything in the 99 minute runtime just fine provided they don't spend too much time establishing things before the Storm King and crew show up.

I think IDW released some prelude comics, but I don't know how well they tie into the story. I've only read the first one and thought the Storm King was a blast.

I was hoping something along the length of one of the early Harry Potter films. As it is, it looks like the length of four episodes and a good chunk of a fifth. I can see it work, but I don't know...

Forgive me for sounding like a spoiled sport in that last paragraph.

I liked the trailer & am extremely pumped up to see our mane girls on the big screen in all their pastel glory! :D

Also, I think Tempest Shadow is awesome & I hope she continues to be awesome as she has the potential to overtake

Lord Tirek as my favorite MLP:FiM villain! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LostSanity said:

Why don't you spare us and leave now? All you ever do is complain.

• Like 4

Still not feeling it. This trailer is less noisy than the other one, but I'm still not very fond of the general vibe, which feels more like your usual kids' fare than an actual My Little Pony movie. Maybe there's precedent in earlier generations for the presence of bipedal characters, but I'm still not really sold on the whole idea. Finally, I still don't care for the backgrounds or the shading, and I'm disappointed that it still looks this janky a couple months later. 

But hey, at least they credited the main cast this time. Small miracles. I think the fact they didn't do that from the start says something about the whole project, but you're all having fun, so I'll say no more. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Thrond said:

But hey, at least they credited the main cast this time

Huzzah! 

6 minutes ago, Thrond said:

I think the fact they didn't do that from the start says something about the whole project, but you're all having fun, so I'll say no more. 

The MLP voice cast are not who the casual paying customers would recognize, simple as that.

(Sorry if that sounds harsh I'm just trying to make a point.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The MLP voice cast are not who the casual paying customers would recognize, simple as that.

That's the problem. I don't think Lionsgate perceives this as anything more than their entry into the family animated film market, and I don't think they understand or care about the show's core appeal, and everything which worries me about this trailer ties into that hypothesis. 

Again, I don't want to harsh your buzz too much. But I'm not looking forward to this movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrond said:

That's the problem. I don't think Lionsgate perceives this as anything more than their entry into the family animated film market, and I don't think they understand or care about the show's core appeal, and everything which worries me about this trailer ties into that hypothesis. 

Again, I don't want to harsh your buzz too much. But I'm not looking forward to this movie. 

It's ok, My Friend.

I understand what you're saying & my thinking is simply that more people would recognize Taye Diggs over Tara Strong.

I also don't think Lionsgate cares who see's the movie as long as they can make money off of it.

2 hours ago, Thrond said:

Still not feeling it. This trailer is less noisy than the other one, but I'm still not very fond of the general vibe, which feels more like your usual kids' fare than an actual My Little Pony movie. Maybe there's precedent in earlier generations for the presence of bipedal characters, but I'm still not really sold on the whole idea. Finally, I still don't care for the backgrounds or the shading, and I'm disappointed that it still looks this janky a couple months later. 

But hey, at least they credited the main cast this time. Small miracles. I think the fact they didn't do that from the start says something about the whole project, but you're all having fun, so I'll say no more. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The reason I say that is because while Lionsgate/Hasbro is the one doing the marketing for it, they aren't the ones who actually made the film. The show staff made it and at the end of the day, I'm confident that they'll give us something great and something that was well worth the wait.

But I do see what you're saying about the trailers and the vibe that they give because I feel the same way to a point. Both trailers, while still good IMO, are definitely targeted more towards children than the fanbase that helped make the show popular, but if you watch the trailers for the new episodes, they are exactly the same thing and aren't entirely representative of the episode as a whole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PixelGrip94 said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The reason I say that is because while Lionsgate/Hasbro is the one doing the marketing for it, they aren't the ones who actually made the film. The show staff made it and at the end of the day, I'm confident that they'll give us something great and something that was well worth the wait.

But I do see what you're saying about the trailers and the vibe that they give because I feel the same way to a point. Both trailers, while still good IMO, are definitely targeted more towards children than the fanbase that helped make the show popular, but if you watch the trailers for the new episodes, they are exactly the same thing and aren't entirely representative of the episode as a whole.

I'm also not really expecting the story to be all that exciting, because you can't really tell a story which means anything to the mane six in a mass market feature. 

Most distressing to me are the visuals, which I am very much not sold on. 

18 hours ago, LostSanity said:

Leave. You clearly don't like this fandom, because they clearly don't accept your opinions.

Funny thing. We literally have no other choice but to accept your opinions. No matter how absurd, or uneducated they may be. I might not like your opinions, but my efforts to change them have been futile, so I have no other choice but to accept that you have those opinions, and that you are adamant about changing them, despite insufficient evidence or proof to back up your claims. 

You say this is your last straw, so I'm going to call your bluff. If we get anymore redemption's in the show, or anyone doesn't accept your opinions as facts, I expect you to be a man of your word and leave this fandom. That means that you wont watch the show, you wont buy the merchandise from the show, you wont watch videos relating to the show, you wont go to the conventions, you wont wear apparel relating to the show and best of all, you will abandon this website.

• Like 5