ABronyAccount

Random Thoughs and Miscellany

Just a thread to catch all those little whatevers that float through your head. I'll go first.

How did I just lose an hour and half browsing Derpibooru?
Oh wait, I remember. "Inverted Mouth" tag.

19 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

Just a thread to catch all those little whatevers that float through your head. I'll go first.

How did I just lose an hour and half browsing Derpibooru?
Oh wait, I remember. "Inverted Mouth" tag.

Wait, by "Inverted Mouth," are we talking just a frown upside-down, a mouth up where the forehead should be in some sort upside-down face (like Tom Tucker's kid from Family Guy), or an inside-out mouth?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bakaarion said:

full.gif

How I would be rich if I spent all my time here, to work.

Why is this gif pixelated its creepy :dafuq:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lord Nanfoodle said:

Wait, by "Inverted Mouth," are we talking just a frown upside-down, a mouth up where the forehead should be in some sort upside-down face (like Tom Tucker's kid from Family Guy), or an inside-out mouth?

1. Also the opposite of 1. For the second part, you want "inverted face," or "what has science done" tags. For that last one, "not salmon" tag.

But I'm sure I don't have to tell you all this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Agilaz said:

Why is this gif pixelated its creepy :dafuq:

I don't know, it's not supposed to being pixelated. Probably a cache memory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

1. Also the opposite of 1. For the second part, you want "inverted face," or "what has science done" tags. For that last one, "not salmon" tag.

But I'm sure I don't have to tell you all this.

Not salmon is the best kind of salmon. :awesomecheer:

What's up with Patrick? No, not that one, any Patrick. All Patrick.
What, just one first name not good enough? Couldn't be just Pat, or just Rick?

And nicknames! You know where nicknames come from, doncha? That's right. Old Nick. Hence the name: Nicknames. Why, I bet Old NIck's the one who told the first Southerner that you could stick any two boys' names together and get a girl's name! That's why we have so many Bobby Jos and Billie Jeans skipping around! Why I went to school with no less than three little toeheaded dressforms named James Jimmy! THE DEVIL'S WORK!

Mark my words, Pat. Rick. Whichever! If you don't settle down on a single first name like decent folk, you're in for an otherworld o' trouble!

So I'm doing an installation, preparing to crawl under a customer's house to pull some cable. Before I'm done suiting up, I wipe a gloved hand over my lip because it felt like my nose was running. The glove came back with thick red stains. My nose had started bleeding. Well I wasn't going to let a little blood loss stop me, so I put on a disposable dust mask to protect my ruptured sinuses and contain the profusion of blood while working under the house..

As I'm crawling around, the one thing going through my mind* is the hope that somebody's waiting in the back yard when I emerge. Because then I would get to noiselessly shuffle to my feet, give them a blank stare, then take off my mask to reveal a lower-face covered in gore. As they puzzled over the source of my ruddy smears, I would conjur up my best raspy rattle and mutter " ... human .... flesssshh..." It would be great!

Didn't happen, though. The yard was empty when I emerged. All that bleeding for nothing!

In fact, nobody saw my blood-soaked mask or my stained work gloves for the rest of the day. That means I didn't even get to use the classic "Don't worry, it's not mine" line! What a waste of precious bodily fluids.

*Besides "is that wire live?" or "hope there's not a snake under that moisture barrier", the usual crawlspace concerns.

• Like 1

Which country is #1 all years for salamander biodiversity?

AmphibiansCaudata3.jpg

USA! USA! USA!

Within this wondrous hotspot of amphibious glory, there is an even hotter incandescence of variety: the Appalachian mountains! Famous as the home of mouth-breathing social regressives, it is also the originating source for the the world's skin-breathing lungless salamanders! These advanced amphibians are far more successful and varied than their uninspired, lung-having kinfolk.

108868.jpg

Evolution favors the bold!

Speaking of Darwin's quaint musings, one of the rarest and most interesting phenomena in all of speciation creation is found in our North American No-Lung salamandies: The Ring Species.

ranges_map.jpg

A northern, Oregon-ern species gradually graduated southward into California, where it did what all things do in the Garden State: diverged into myriad forms, colors and genres of music into an eclectic hodge-podge of suspecies that got along with their neighbors well enough... until they hit a fork in the road. Branching at the outskirts of the Central Valley, two lines of lungless loungers diverged in a yellow wood. When they came out again at the other end, they wanted nothing to do with each other. They would only intermingle (in the Biblical sense) with the neighbors they off-shot from originally, leaving a gap in the interbreeding inclinations remarkable for being empty. So they proved to be exceptional examples of speciation in action by producing incompatibility in a single direction among several, setting a precedent for observational evolution that's only rarely ever been matched in the wild.

Less mountainously inclined wonders of the New(t) World are the amphiunas, of which there are three species distinguished (Seussianly enough) by the number of toes they possess: one, two, or three. You'd be hard-pressed to total up the tootsies on these hefty squirmers, though, because their legs are extremely reduced to the point that they're often mistaken for snaken.

KS2.png

Despite their diminished digitation, you'd be surprised by their size. They can stretch out almost four long despite lacking four proper feet, and their DNA is even weirder. Whereas your average human genome is about 3 billion bases long, the two-toed amphiuma tips the scales at 90 billion! What the heck are these sleek slither-frogs doing with all that DNA? Probably overcompensating for still being saddled with lungs.

Among the hipsters of the salamanderkin are the Eastern Newt, one of the most widespread on the continent. The young'uns are inseparable from the water, gilling it up in ponds and lakes until their travelin' teens.

29150623380_5104a7964d_b.jpg

Then they sport gaudy colors, a retro set of lungs, and strike out for the forest to live off the land... by living on the land, as the fully-terrestrial red eft.

640px-Eastern_newt_red_eft_stage_Sep_3_2

After a few years, however, they quickly decide that living in the woods ain't all it's cracked up to be and move back in with mom and dad for the rest of their days as aquatic adults.

A6A0966.jpg

However, much like previous-gen humans holding onto a few juvenile articles of clothing as a totem against their own increasingly apparent mortality, these mid-life wrigglers cling pathetically to their cherished juvenile habit of wearing toxic skin with red spots to remind you that their personal bubble should be respected. Only a single subspecies is smart enough to skip the adventurous eft phase and go straight from feather-necked freckle-fish to even-keeled, keel-tailed sala-spawners.

This post brought to you by I'm bored, salamanders are cool, USA!, and science.

SCIENCE FACT: NEWTS ARE KYEWTS

6836638243_68379e4d61.jpg

Good night.

Brand new staple gun? Check.
Staples? Check.
Old scraps of 10 gauge solid copper wire? Check.
Alligator clips? Check.
Soldering iron with reasonably beefy tip? Check.
Solder? Check.
Scrap of wood? Check.
Knives? Check.
Rope? Check.
Dagger? Check.
Chains? Check.
Rocks? Check.
Laser beams? Check.
Acid? Check.
Body bag? Check.

The materials:

ZQhZTxA.jpg

The method:

dTvQNMe.jpg

The monster:

X6GZnip.jpg

The motive:

ajVZPU6.jpg

What does "realtor" ACTUALLY mean? Why do they insist I have a realtor? How do you spot a fake tor? What does a browser often associated with anonymous web surfing and the dark web have to do with someone buying a house? IS IT A MURDER HOUSE?! :gah:

I would buy the snot out of a murder house.

Trick or Treating would be great. Well, great for me. Traumatized kids and angry parents? Not so much.

Gosh is sure is great to be ambulatory meat that makes more of itself. Not that I know of any other way to be, of course! All I know is being nested sacs of flesh. Perfectly normal! Wouldn't have it any other way!