ABronyAccount

Random Thoughs and Miscellany

I'm writing a Test in a less then 4 Hours, but I'm too lazy to revise the lectures.

I couldn’t handle being a teacher in the United States due to the rampant “office politics” in the schools and the dumbed down curricula they would force me to “teach”.

Test was pretty ok. Not a 1.0, but I believe something below 3.0 which is fine by me.

Also M2 Ball, do not forget that being a teacher gets you a lot of Holidays, at least here in Germany. Makes it somewhat more bearable. :)

I used to know a teacher over here in the United States who taught German classes in a high school. He ended up permanently emigrating to Germany after initially teaching there on a temporary basis (he found teaching in Germany to be much more bearable).

The public schools are being set up to fail over here in the United States so “reformers” can privatize them. “Standardized testing” creates perverse incentives to make tests that anyone with a pulse can pass. Some science projects I did at the age of 10 in the mid-90s are now being done by high school students. Constant budget cuts also put new teachers and younger ones up against more experienced ones that got laid off in other districts; a fair deal of the young ones end up working in for-profit (yet publicly funded) charter schools for subpar wages and benefits.

• Like 1

My stepfather is also a Teacher here in Germany. He has some troubles now and then and it definitely isn't easy but in comparison to what my mother goes through he has it quite alright as a teacher.

Also I really am not ready to be traveling for 6 hours tomorrow.

• Like 1

I brush my teeth all the time more than anyone I know and my teeth are more yellow than like half the people I come across :fluttersmith:

14 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

I brush my teeth all the time more than anyone I know and my teeth are more yellow than like half the people I come across :fluttersmith:

I was the same way when it came to my immediate family: I had better dental hygiene that my younger siblings, yet I was the one who ended up with more cavities and tooth decay (maybe this is relative to a degree, as one of my sisters needed braces).  Being a heavy soda drinker in my adolescence didn't help, but my siblings also drank such sugary and acidic drinks too.  Fortunately, things have gotten better now that stopped drinking soda long ago, but the damage was done, even though it isn't easily apparent thanks to composite fillings and crowns.

My parents are dentists, having a yellow hue on your teeth is natural. Though drinking Soda, Coffee or Black tea can increase that hue by a good amount, but it isn't harmful, smoking can probably also lead to that since it has a similar effect but I'm not 100% sure.

Also eating a lot of fruit with a high amount of fruit acid can have the same effect as it dissolves the protective layer around your teeth.

Indeed.  My teeth aren't perfectly white, but things have gone well for me in recent years: I typically get by with basic checkups and professional cleaning nowadays (from a dental hygienist).  The last time the dentist actually had to work on my teeth was around three years ago (an old, large amalgam filling fractured, and the tooth was replaced with a crown.).

It's been quite a long time since I last had a cavity (maybe 13 years ago).

Yeah I don't often drink soda or anything, but maybe the foods I eat are acidic. On a happy note I haven't had cavities in a long long time or any problems like that :happybonbon:

28 minutes ago, Bread said:

My parents are dentists

Awesome :awesomedash:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

Yeah I don't often drink soda or anything, but maybe the foods I eat are acidic. On a happy note I haven't had cavities in a long long time or any problems like that :happybonbon:

Awesome :awesomedash:

The lack of cavities is what counts.  Looking back, my initial post was poorly worded: it seemed like I was worse off than my other siblings, but I had actual tooth decay (as opposed to merely a different color shade) due to heavy soda drinking. 

I know little of dentistry, but I am pleased with composite fillings (they are stronger than the old amalgam ones and more closely match the color of the tooth) and "same day" crowns done with computer imaging and some type of small CNC-type milling machine (with the old crowns, I had to bite into some sort of material to make a mold of the tooth, wear a soft temporary crown for two weeks, and come back to have the lab-made crown put on my tooth). :HappyPinkie:

Can I just say that Tempest Shadow backstory was kind of underwhelming.

I mean she broke her Horn and her friends said "Weird one you must be.", that's it.

1. Where are her parents?, 2. Why are there only Unicorns? Couldn't there be a normal Pony that she could play with? Nearly all Pony Towns shown in MLP had a variety of Unicorns, normal Ponies and Pegasi, 3. Going by how the horn broke off, one could assume that this already happened to others. So how come she couldn't be helped.

I overall liked the Movie if we focus on the Main 6, but all the other characters are rather ok at best.

Quality animations though, reminded me of an old Disney movey.

• Like 1

There are two types of people in this world, those who have handled the CZ-75 (and loved it), and those who haven't.

When no matter how long you sleep, you always seem to be sleepy.

Ballistol worked better than expected when I used it to help remove some gum that was stuck to the sole of one of my sandals.

Believe me, having a muscle ache in your neck/Upper back/shoulder is probably one of the worst experiences I ever had. Living hurts and lying down doesn't help. Even the simple act of grabbing something from the bottom shelve is a hassle and hurts. I currently hold my neck in a single position because moving it slightly hurts.

Lets just say it hurts like shit, god dam being in your 20s and felling like a 70 year old.

If someone in a workplace says "screw it" for the few months preceding his/her retirement, perhaps management should be less lenient (perhaps the prospect of termination before retirement would help) so that person's successor doesn't get inundated with a backlog of work orders. :twitwitch:

A clay-brained tailgater in a muscle car set out to intimidate me because I wouldn’t go twice the legal speed limit in a residential zone for him. After going over the center line to pass me, he accelerated to around twice the speed limit. I then caught up to him at a stop sign. :ajlol: I think him seeing a much bigger guy in the car that caught up to him at that stop sign may have had something to do with him suddenly turning off to the nearest side street. 

• Like 1

I should probably look into getting a progressive reloading press sometime, as it would be much quicker than my single stage press.  I can see myself reloading more ammunition to save money now that the Biden administration (vicious Wall Street right-wingers masquerading as progressives) has banned the importation of cheaper Russian ammunition into the United States. I will be able to get most of the Russian caliber ammunition I use from non-Russian manufacturers (Serbia, Czech Republic, South Korea, etc.) in reloadable brass cases, but it will cost more. Hence the interest in being able to reload (reprocessing the spent brass cases and putting new primers, powder charges, and bullets in them) more quickly and efficiently.

I do feel for gun owners with more limited disposable income, as Russian manufactured ammunition was cheaper competition to more expensive sources of ammunition (Russian manufacturers also produce ammunition in popular Western calibers, e.g. 9X19mm, .223, .308, etc.).  If this were solely about punishing Putin's oligarchy for the poisoning attempt of Navalny, a wider swath of Russian imports would be hit than ammunition.  Don't expect groups like the NRA (I will try to avoid a long-winded tangent about how I despise this corrupt organization due how it gives gun owners a bad name ;) ) to come to the rescue; this ban will stay in place long after Biden is out of office, as it means less competition for American manufacturers of ammunition.  I remember how they were happy to let a ban pass on the importation of Russian 7N6 (5.45X39mm) ammunition in 2014, yet they fought to prevent a similar ban on M855/SS109 ammunition (5.56X45mm), as the latter loads are produced by US manufacturers (7N6 was also a dirt cheap competitor to 5.56X45mm).

I loathe Elon Musk, so I rewatched one of my favorite YouTubers telling the truth about Tesla's "green" credentials. :awesomecheer:

• Like 1