ABronyAccount

Random Thoughs and Miscellany

My old Corolla’s airbag light came on, but my OBD II scan tool isn’t sophisticated enough to read airbag system error codes. A couple of auto parts stores around here don’t have such a tool to use on customers’ cars either (although they certainly seem willing to sell more sophisticated scanners). 

The culprit could be something simple (defective sensor, defective seat belt buckle assembly, etc.), or it could be more complex (the airbag itself, i.e. something that could cost a good deal of money and require a professional mechanic). The connections beneath the seats seem to be fine. 

Irritated zebra noises.

• Like 1

Poorly labeled breaker panels result in one spending far more time trying to find the relevant breaker than it does to do the given electrical repair in question. :applejargh:

• Like 1

I looked on the BBC website and I saw this headline:

World Leaders Deny Wrongdoing After Pandora Leaks

baloney.jpg?resize=614,352

• Like 1

It seems like I may be between a rock and a hard place: in spite of high housing prices, buying a modest condo or townhome wouldn’t cost much more (this price includes property taxes and association fees) than renting my current apartment. Next year’s rent hike (there has been one every year since I moved into this place) could potentially close that gap. I would prefer to stay put and “kick the can down the road” for another year, as the Federal Reserve is toying with the idea of raising interest rates in 2022 (that could theoretically cool off the housing market to a marginal degree). However, if I am not saving money anyway, why bother? 

Hopefully the sellers will take an FHA loan, as I don’t have tens of thousands of dollars lying around for a larger downpayment. Fortunately, I have some time to think about things and save, as my lease doesn’t expire until the spring. At the same time, it is going to be irritating to move a personal library, two Toyotas, firearms (and associated storage cabinets, ammunition, accessories, etc.), furniture, etc. :twitwitch:

• Like 1

If I liquidated all my collectibles, games, things like that; would I be able to buy new collectibles and games that I want even more? What if I miss my old stuff too much? Auuuuuughghhhh

• Like 1

If I were going to ask someone to marry me, I would have this song playing in the background:

:awesomecheer:

• Like 2