Note: Be aware of spoilers in the comments!

Title: A Health of Information

Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): Sept. 23, 11:30am EST

Writer: N/A

Summary: "While helping Fluttershy gather supplies, Zecora comes down with a terrible disease called “Swamp Fever". Even though a cure has not been discovered, Fluttershy makes it her mission to heal Zecora no matter what it takes."

Episode will be linked here once it airs.

• Like 3

Comic/Legends spoilers:

Spoiler

I have a YUUUUUUUGE feeling it's a Legends episode.

1. There's a theory of the ReMane Six being associated with the Legends in some way, either as reincarnations or heirs.
  2. If you look at some of the Legends covers, Meadowbrook's eyes look a lot like Fluttershy's.
  3. Meadowbrook is described as a healer. This episode has to do with Fluttershy trying to heal Zecora from an incurable disease.

• Like 2

I saw the episode leak. I won't post the plot details, for those who want to watch it on Saturday, but as for my thoughts:

Not the best, but certainly better than "Daring Done?". "Campfire Tales", and "Fame And Misfortune".

• Like 1

@Dark Qiviut

I've seen the episode  but, I'm still curious about something:

What are these "Legends" you're referring to, do you mean like the ones in "Campfire Tales"? 

"A Health of Information Spoiler" 

Do you mean  

The healer pony?

I thoght it was an awesome episode. One of my favorites of the season but probably because of my character bias. We got Zecora, Shy, and Twi all in the same episode. I can always use more Twi and Shy team ups! Interesting settings too. :HappyPinkie:

I'm sure if it was only Shy that got the illness then she might consider going through with becoming a tree. :ajlol:

• Like 1

I had a really good time with this. The moral is really sympathetic and relatable, the plot moves at a high speed, and the episode is super funny from start to finish. I even kinda liked the "legends" stuff! There's some expository dialogue, and the characters all act like they had too much caffeine, but there's also a lot of intelligent character details which give this some surprising depth, some of which I only stumbled upon by writing my review.

Full review at my thread.

• Like 3

As Fluttershy is my favourite pony, I do tend to favour her episodes above others and I must say that I really enjoyed this one! Her caring and determined nature is adorable and it makes me love her more. I especially liked Fluttershy and Twilight interacting together; we don't see it much. 

• Like 1

After the unsuspecting loss while gathering criss-cross moss, Fluttershy puts aside her lifelong goal of becoming a tree to help a friend who doesn't want to pull up her equine roots, branch out, and leaf her old life behind.

As for the infected, whether pony proper or zebra, they all started to sound a little horse.

Leafing through the books in both Twilight's library (and later, Meadowbrook's branch), she was able to harvest a long-forgotten tree-tment for the fell disease. Feeling swamped from the task, even Twilight was stumped and had to bough down when Fluttershy's stamen-a bore fruit. Off like a pistil they went in search of the pages' mage from a lost age! But by this point, Fluttershy was already becoming sick with worry and Twilight warned her not to put the petal to the metal. Little did she realize Fluttershy's mettle was made of sterner stuff, since she felt responsible for Zecora's fatal huff, anther was no time to lose!

After reading Meadowbrook's log, they finally had a flash of insight! Even while she was breaking out in hives, Fluttershy still had the gumption to try and break into one in search of sweet success. Despite feeling the swarmth from her fever and being bogged down with ailments, because she bee-leafed in herself, she was able to masker the aggressive insects and cure her bug so she could give Zecora more time to rhyme! I'm sure she would agree that Fluttershy has more than earned her stripes in the nursing arts. But who wooden't go through such growth to help a friend?

It was interesting to note that the Flash bees were the ones who had their honey stolen!

Also Spike was great.

• Like 3

Do I really need to say it at this point?

Well whatever.

This is just your average viewer discretion warning.

Yeah... um... I don't think I can say much about this.

More Legends of Magic characters in animated format. Which seems to be the 'theme' for this season. Not surprisingly. But still.

Fluttershy not caring about her own well being was actually kind of... scary. :bloomgah:

So... here's the thing about this episode...

Now... I'll admit I haven't played the game yet... (which I SERIOUSLY need to because I NEED IT IN MY LIFE)

But...

I couldn't help but feel like this episode was trying to take advantage of the current popularity of Persona 5 (masks). I mean... I'm sure that's not the case... but that's just what I took from it. Though I still don't see how Persona 5 is so good. Though that's obviously because I haven't played it myself yet. Either way... it just seemed like they were trying to rip off Persona 5. Again, I'm sure that may not be the case but that's just what it seemed to me. :rariwhat:

Also... the masks... reminded me of Plague Doctors. :stararity:

Um... I DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PUSHING SHOW RUNNERS. PLAGUE DOCTORS ARE NOT NORMAL DOCTORS. DO YOUR DAMN RESEARCH. THEY WERE FEATURED ON A GHOST ADVENTURES EPISODE FOR A REASON. :rariwat:

That was basically my take from it.

I have nothing else to really say about this episode.

I'd say... it was another 'mediocre' one.

Current Status:

Stay: 80%
Leave: 20%

No change due to mediocre episode and feeling of this episode ripping off Persona 5 as well as show runners not doing their research on Plague Doctors.

35 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

Do I really need to say it at this point?

Well whatever.

This is just your average viewer discretion warning.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah... um... I don't think I can say much about this.

More Legends of Magic characters in animated format. Which seems to be the 'theme' for this season. Not surprisingly. But still.

Fluttershy not caring about her own well being was actually kind of... scary. :bloomgah:

So... here's the thing about this episode...

Now... I'll admit I haven't played the game yet... (which I SERIOUSLY need to because I NEED IT IN MY LIFE)

But...

I couldn't help but feel like this episode was trying to take advantage of the current popularity of Persona 5 (masks). I mean... I'm sure that's not the case... but that's just what I took from it. Though I still don't see how Persona 5 is so good. Though that's obviously because I haven't played it myself yet. Either way... it just seemed like they were trying to rip off Persona 5. Again, I'm sure that may not be the case but that's just what it seemed to me. :rariwhat:

Also... the masks... reminded me of Plague Doctors. :stararity:

Um... I DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PUSHING SHOW RUNNERS. PLAGUE DOCTORS ARE NOT NORMAL DOCTORS. DO YOUR DAMN RESEARCH. THEY WERE FEATURED ON A GHOST ADVENTURES EPISODE FOR A REASON. :rariwat:

That was basically my take from it.

I have nothing else to really say about this episode.

I'd say... it was another 'mediocre' one.

Current Status:

Stay: 80%
Leave: 20%

No change due to mediocre episode and feeling of this episode ripping off Persona 5 as well as show runners not doing their research on Plague Doctors.

I DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PUSHING SHOW RUNNERS. PLAGUE DOCTORS ARE NOT NORMAL DOCTORS. DO YOUR DAMN RESEARCH.

You do realize you're saying this in a show where the sun and moon are controlled by ponies instead of gravity?

2. I'd say the Persona 5 parallels are coincidence, but given the fact that "Scare Master" referenced Dragon Ball, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, and even Revolutionary Girl Utena, not to mention Steven Universe referencing animé out the wazoo, I'd put it in the realm of "unlikely, but still possible".

From what others have said, from @DrWolf001 and others, this may be one of the more serious and darker episodes they have done. And if that's the case, it shows how much this Show has changed and evolved from what it was originally meant to be 6 1/2 seasons ago.  But you know, this doesn't surprise me.  A lot of media (TV Shows, Comics, Movies, Etc...) have gone through similar changes throughout their histories.  

Especially when it's decided to go in a direction to what MLP : FIM has been going in recently with this "Legends Of Magic" Arc, (That ironically ties in with the IDW Comic).  Because when you toss something like "Legends of Magic" into the picture, then you know for a fact, that some of what it is shown, will go over the heads of the original target age audiences, but not the adult audience/fanbase.

Example of that is when @DrWolf001 and @TericDragon mentioned in their review, that even through the episode and thus the writing staff didn't outright say it or have the characters , like say Mage (in the flashback) or even Twilight say it, pretty much the ponies turning into trees as a result of the Swamp Fever and being those that produced the glowing flowers that came off them was a metaphor for death.  In other words, when the ponies (in the flashback), as well as Zecora and Fluttershy were affected by the swamp fever, it was slowly killing them, thus they were slowly dying.

And for them to do that, despite already going TV-Y7 for the season 4 finale, and doing what they've done in the season 3 finale, and so on, shows how far MLP : FIM has come.

I also believe this arc and episodes like this, are just to get folks ready for the film and show that like this arc and episodes, the movie is not for little kids, but for all ages, (adults and kids) and that it will have stuff in it that will go over the younger kids heads, but not the adult fans that go and see it. (Heck why do you think it got a PG rating?)

In closing, I will say this, if this episode has shown us anything or at least hinted at anything, it's that "Shadow Play Part 1 and 2" will be more than we expect it to be, and as I said before, possibly have a story twist in it, that we may see or won't see coming.

That's all I have to say for now. God Bless and Take Care.

10 hours ago, bwrosas said:

Example of that is when @DrWolf001 and @TericDragon mentioned in their review, that even through the episode and thus the writing staff didn't outright say it or have the characters , like say Mage (in the flashback) or even Twilight say it, pretty much the ponies turning into trees as a result of the Swamp Fever and being those that produced the glowing flowers that came off them was a metaphor for death.  In other words, when the ponies (in the flashback), as well as Zecora and Fluttershy were affected by the swamp fever, it was slowly killing them, thus they were slowly dying.

Ponyb mud, Inspnty Uartudg.

Let's see those incisive Youtube pony sleuths analyze that

• Like 1

Can Flutters get an honorary 'Loyalty' element? She certainly deserves it after this. It made me wish I had a friend like her, she was a little guardian angel this episode. Good story, good lesson, and it was awesome seeing Zecora again too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snide Ways said:

Can Flutters get an honorary 'Loyalty' element? She certainly deserves it after this. It made me wish I had a friend like her, she was a little guardian angel this episode. Good story, good lesson, and it was awesome seeing Zecora again too.

She definitely risked life and limb for that zebra!

• Like 2