Sign in to follow this  
Light Blade

This stupid VLC

When I got my mac fixed after liquid spilling, I was told that MplayerX had to be removed due to it being malware (Although it never gave me hard times in any way). Instead they installed me VLC and so far I hate it. I can't skip to next video that is in the same folder without dragging it into that small window. I had to reconfigure keys so they do the same what they did on MplayerX. I had to remove menu bars on second screen because VLC doesn't understand that in fullscreen mode they have to go. And now it turns out that it doesn't show some subtitles. And I'm talking about SSA ones, built in ones. 

Can somepony tell how to fix this subtitles nonsense? Because if not I gonna get back MplayerX, at my own risk, because by Faust do I miss it right now!

Do you have the latest version of VLC player? Because usually these issues you're talking about I don't have, but then again, you're using a Mac. :rariwhat:

Never mind. Elmedia proved to be the most adequate alternative. VLC was officially fired.

1 hour ago, Toki Zensekai said:

Do you have the latest version of VLC player?

Yes.

1 hour ago, ABronyAccount said:

The VLC forums might have some advice on customizing the UI and layout to get what you want.

Can they tell how to fix subtitle codec that was supposed to work from the get-go?