Sign in to follow this  
mrx1983

is this mail adress legit?

one of my mega uploads got a strike, by contact@hasbrocopyright.org

the strange thing is, that no one written eqd yet to take something down, and all the other downloads on this music video posts also still works.

but my download got a strike.

and if i check it http://whois.domaintools.com/hasbrocopyright.org , it tells me it is a site in russia.

it doesn't looks like the domains that hasbro normally have.

so i have the feeling that this mail adress is not legit, and someone try to trick people.

No idea, google don't know this e-mail and it's reported anywhere.

I would think it's a fake address too, or maybe they manage their copyright with an external company based in Russia, that's also possible.

i would, but the c&d was send to mega, and they just told me they removed my download because of them.

they make no background checks apparently.

i even asked hasbro if this domain belongs to them and they denied and confirmed it don't belong to hasbro.

its indeed completely fake.

i think i have to make a counterthingy and explain mega that this is a fake site.

Use their IP address to locate them and then pay them a visit, and by that I mean climb onto the roof of their house and take a massive dump down their chimney in the middle of the night.

5 hours ago, mrx1983 said:

i would, but the c&d was send to mega, and they just told me they removed my download because of them.

they make no background checks apparently.

i even asked hasbro if this domain belongs to them and they denied and confirmed it don't belong to hasbro.

its indeed completely fake.

i think i have to make a counterthingy and explain mega that this is a fake site.

Make sure to keep your messages from Hasbro and present that as evidence to Mega for your counter-claim.