Red Steel

Hello and One Question

Hi my name is Red Steel as many of you i am a fan of my little pony and i love the G4 show; i started watching it with my niece while i was babysitting her and i already heard about the brony culture just didn't pay much attention to it (not confuse with hate or disdain only that i knew existed and that was it). I began to see the show from the start on netflix beacuse my niece loves to have marathons of her favorite cartoons and luckily that day she wanted to see MLP then we saw it from the very first episode and i realize what many of you probably realized in that first episode !!!THIS IS AMAZING AND INCREDIBLY FUNNY AND (inner rainbow dash) AWESOME¡¡¡ after that i couldn't stop watching it; i caught up with at the time was half of season 5 and i keep up with the show since then, but here is my problem i live in mexico and there are bronies here but they aren't as vocal as american or european bronies are but at least they show it proudly how big fans they are; not that i am not, i wear my brony shirt proudly, but they have vlogs, reaction videos and to my shame they can buy merchandise, i have a very tight budget to live on my own and i can't afford many things and toys, i still buy comics but not as many as i'd like, the only toy i have is my PINKIE PIE plushie but because my niece gave it to me and she is my favorite pony and sometimes because of this lack of paraphernalia i shouldn't consider myself a brony or even a regular fan, as a writer i've made some short stories for my nieces and little cousins, including their OC's or just stories with their favorite ponies and i can quote every line of every episode and sing the songs(horribly but none the less sing them) and "Equestria Girls" movies, i still feel that with everyone i see online, youtube, cosplaying, making music or their incredible art; should i even consider myself a brony? i leave it to your opinion everypony

• Like 2

Hello Red Steel ! Welcome to the forums ! :happy_twi:

First when I watched the show, I just loved it and didn't like the bronies especially. But now I consider myself as a brony. Why ? Because I like the show, AND I like the bronies, I like what they do (mostly).

Now if you have a different approach of the show feel free to consider yourself as a fan non-brony. But if you WANT to be a brony, you ARE a brony. In my opinion.

Ola Red Steel! Welcome to our humble little pony forum. Hope you'll have great time mingling and interacting with rest of the cultists here.
:partycannon:

But enough of silliness now to answer your one question. Being a brony is simply being the fan of the show. You are not obligated to have youtube channel dedicated to MLP, you don't have to attend Pony Cons or buy merchandise. You are brony only and only if you consider yourself one and embrace the community. Or else us poor people that don't live in prosperous USA states or certain European nations like Germany wouldn't be bronies at all. 

If you really want to contribute to the fandom in order to feel more included then you can always publish your stories as fan fictions. That's pretty much my own personal contribution.

• Like 2

Welcome to the pony forms, Red Steel! Glad to have you aboard :)

:partycannon:

There are no set rules for what constitutes as being a brony..just enjoy the show and have fun with the fandom.

• Like 2

Terror, virtue, or both?

3 hours ago, Red Steel said:

should i even consider myself a brony?

Sure, why not. I'm sure there's those that have less and consider themselves part of the in-crowd.

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome to this forum. Please do enjoy your time on here. Hopefully your able to keep up with the show as well, as S7 is once again on-going.

:HappyPinkie:

Just remember... I'm the controversial one. :megusta:

• Like 2