Equestria Daily posted an article asking how people will the movie and addressing the ways fans plan to see the film.
Comments are Welcomed

I don't need their permission, I already got an invite.

I was just going to watch it as soon as it hit Dailymotion otherwise.

Clearly they fail to realize how expensive it is to do something like this nowadays.

So I'll just wait for the DVD release like I do all other movies.

Assuming, of course, I choose to watch the movie at all that is.

I plan to watch the movie in a theater, just not sure which one yet.  

Yes, I plan to ask for a ticket to MLP no matter who's standing next to me in line, no matter how young/cute the ticket lady is.  And hopefully I'll be able to get some cool movie swag, like one of those movie-themed drink cups or popcorn tub or Pinkie collectible or what-have-you.

• Like 2

I'm already going to be seeing it at least 2-3 times it's opening weekend, so I'm in the clear in this regard. I bought my ticket for the Thursday night release just the other day when they finally went on sale for a theater close to me (and luckily it was the closest theater to me out of all my options), and then I plan on seeing it that same Saturday with a Brony Meetup Group. I could potentially see it with my older brother and best friend on the Friday of that weekend, but that one's up for debate depending on whether they're willing to go since neither of them are big pony fans and only wanted to see it with me to support me in my love of pony.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:56 PM, J. Brony said:

And hopefully I'll be able to get some cool movie swag, like one of those movie-themed drink cups or popcorn tub or Pinkie collectible or what-have-you.

Same here. I'm unsure whether or not the theater I bought my ticket to is going to be carrying that stuff. I hope they do, and if they don't I won't lose any sleep over it since worst case scenario, I can always just buy it off someone on eBay, but I feel it'd be somewhat easier to get it in the actual theater. I wish that they had a list somewhere of what theaters were going to be carrying that stuff.

• Like 2

Just came back from it tonight. "Wow" is not strong enough. It's an incredible animated epic like the 1980s classics "The Land Before Time" and "An American Tail". Please go see this gem in theater.

Edit: I was brave enough to get the pony popcorn/drink combo, comes with a pony on a pedestal of your choice.

Just saw it this weekend at a local theater due to convenience.  Didn't get any swag or meet any other bronies.  But the movie was good enough that I'll probably go see it again next weekend in a larger theater, hopefully one that sells those cool movie collectibles.  

• Like 1

I went with a couple of friend to see it.  We dressed up to do it so the time I had was fabulous.  I realized far too late that one of my friends was the smartest because she chose to go as Applejack and didn't have to wear the wig.  Regardless, my Celestia power suit, wig, and crown were awesome.  And the wee little fans of the series got all sorts of excited over seeing us there.  I also found myself having an even better time because of them as they reacted with HUGE emotions over stuff that I would have passed over.  In other words, my jaded flank felt pulled in more as I would have as a kid because they were so into it.  And when I wasn't, it was usually because I was stifling a giggle at them.  I've had a hard couple of weeks and the movie pulled me out of it.  For that reason, I most likely won't give a heavy opinion on the movie itself because it's too tied into other things for me now.

In my opinion, watching leaked shows is one thing, but watching a movie is another.  First, the show is more dependent on toy sales.  If toy sales do well, then the show continues.  Movies are dependent on box office numbers.  Thus, the fewer people go, the less likely for another movie.  Also importantly, Hasbro is likely trying to see what the adult fanbase does.  It's far easier to market to children and while it's not advantageous now, that doesn't mean they won't use the box office data in making decisions later.  I'm certainly not going to tell anyone that they have to pay to see it.  That would be hypocritical of me since I have low funds and a SUPER hard time sitting in a theater.  As my father once put it, "I need to get up and make myself a ham sandwich and walk around."  The last time I went to the theater was about 3 years ago.  That said, don't mock the people who are seeing it.  There is a purpose:  To support this part of the franchise and to show that the adult part of the fandom does want a voice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinsel Flow said:

I went with a couple of friend to see it.  We dressed up to do it so the time I had was fabulous.  I realized far too late that one of my friends was the smartest because she chose to go as Applejack and didn't have to wear the wig.  Regardless, my Celestia power suit, wig, and crown were awesome.  And the wee little fans of the series got all sorts of excited over seeing us there.  I also found myself having an even better time because of them as they reacted with HUGE emotions over stuff that I would have passed over.  In other words, my jaded flank felt pulled in more as I would have as a kid because they were so into it.  And when I wasn't, it was usually because I was stifling a giggle at them.  I've had a hard couple of weeks and the movie pulled me out of it.  For that reason, I most likely won't give a heavy opinion on the movie itself because it's too tied into other things for me now.

In my opinion, watching leaked shows is one thing, but watching a movie is another.  First, the show is more dependent on toy sales.  If toy sales do well, then the show continues.  Movies are dependent on box office numbers.  Thus, the fewer people go, the less likely for another movie.  Also importantly, Hasbro is likely trying to see what the adult fanbase does.  It's far easier to market to children and while it's not advantageous now, that doesn't mean they won't use the box office data in making decisions later.  I'm certainly not going to tell anyone that they have to pay to see it.  That would be hypocritical of me since I have low funds and a SUPER hard time sitting in a theater.  As my father once put it, "I need to get up and make myself a ham sandwich and walk around."  The last time I went to the theater was about 3 years ago.  That said, don't mock the people who are seeing it.  There is a purpose:  To support this part of the franchise and to show that the adult part of the fandom does want a voice. 

Well said.

• Like 1