Lonely Fanboy48

What's Your Favorite Song In The Soundtrack?

I know the movie didn't went to theaters yet but the soundtrack has been release so what's your favorite song?

Mine is Off To See The World by Lukas Graham

A perfect song for the ponies adventure outside of Equestria.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2017 at 0:40 PM, Lonely Fanboy48 said:

I know the movie didn't went to theaters yet but the soundtrack has been release so what's your favorite song?

Mine is Off To See The World by Lukas Graham

A perfect song for the ponies adventure outside of Equestria.

Out of all the licensed songs, I definitely agree that this is the best one of the bunch. The other licensed songs are good too, matching the tone and themes of the show with the majority of them being pop songs that have something to do with friendship to some degree with the exception Off To See The World, which matches the plot of the movie more and "Can You Feel It" which I feel is a dance song that matches the tone of the show itself enough to get a free pass. I kind of think of it similar to "Dance Magic" from The Legend of Everfree soundtrack. Anyway, as much as I love OTSTW, I can't say that it's my favorite of the album because all of the actual movie songs are all so great that they beat it hands down. That being said, I really can't choose my favorite between the movie songs themselves. The Mane 6 do a great job in the first song, and added to that are the amazing singing performances done by the guest actors, particularly ones that I've never heard sing before (ie. Zoe Saldana and Emily Blunt).

Since I've been listening to the soundtrack almost nonstop since I bought it, I'd have to say that my favorite of the movie songs is probably a tie between "Time To Be Awesome" and "One Small Thing". But just barely. BARELY

To me, "I'm the friend you need" and "Open your eyes" are very good! Along with "Rainbow" I also liked the fact that Rarity and Spike got a duet part in "We Got This Together".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bwrosas said:

To me, "I'm the friend you need" and "Open your eyes" are very good! Along with "Rainbow"

Oh definitely. Pretty much all of the movie songs are complete knock-outs from all the cast members. Like I said, "TTBA" and "OST" only beat the others out by a small margin (in my opinion) because the songs are all just phenomenal.

"Open Up Your Eyes" was a great villain song.

"Off to See the World" was great credits song.

I also got a better taste of "Rainbow".

Sorry. I'm having difficulties with choosing one :flattered:

• Like 2

"We Got This Together" was a delightful, upbeat song. "Open Up Your Eyes" was pretty haunting, but enjoyable. Both of them are my favorites.

"One Small Thing" was fine, but the rest was pretty meh, imo.

• Like 1

Open your eyes for sure. At least the German version. You can listen to the first minute orr so here (really, do it, it#s awesome):

• Like 2

Choosing only one is really hard. "Of to see the world" is smashing I like the rhythm especially the interlude at the end. "Rainbow" is also a nice powerful song.

But I think my most favorite is "One small thing" I just love uplifting tempo songs, the swing feeling in the song really makes it really hard to not suddenly start dancing in the middle of the street. I liked the most other songs too, except for "I'm the friend you need" I don't know why but I don't like it.

@Thaliel

You're coming from Germany?