aeast667

C# Programmers, 3D Modelers and Animators wanted for The Ponies (Sims style game)

Hey everypony! I've been working on this project for a while, but with people being busy, I need to expand the team helping me with this. This project aims to create a free to play PC game based on the original Sims game (with all brand new code, so it's legal) but with ponies, simply called "The Ponies". This would allow players to create their own ponies, control their lives and build their homes and places they visit. 

This project needs C# programmers, 3D modelers and animators. This game is being built with Unity, so it's important for anyone working with the engine to know how to use that. For any more information, or if you'd like to contribute to the project, you can email me at aeast667@gmail.com or visit the project's community Discord server here. You can also check out this project's website: https://theponies.org.

Well, I don't know any C# and I certainly can't draw/model/animate for shit, but I imagine you're gonna need Beta testers... sooooo, hit me up if you'd like what little help I can offer

I decided I would share this as a reply as opposed to starting a new thread. Anyways, I'll be discussing some progress we've made in the past months. Firstly, we have a basic terrain system completed which will be used for the game's lots (where all the main game takes place). Secondly, we've got a whole lot of UI completed now, while other parts are still WIP. This project is again looking for C# programmers, 3D modelers, and 3D animators. If you are interested in joining the team, please contact us either through our Discord, our website, or email me directly at aeast667@gmail.com.

Although I can't help you directly, I can give advice and point to some useful places, people, and things.

I actually really would prefer if the official MLP game on mobile was more like what you're proposing. Maybe since this is a fan game you could save yourself some headaches with shortcuts like using desktop pony sprites instead of 3D models, or asking members of the Legends of Equestria Team to lend you some assets, or even using Unity's asset store to get things like Playmaker which eliminate the need to code things directly.

Best of luck. Gamedev is tough, but rewarding. Hope you learn a lot from working on this and come out with something great!