LuigiFan45

Starting a new Iron Highlander team, newbie TF2 players wanted

Quick thing before you do this what do you plan on using for in game comms. And don't say Skype because Skype is terrible while playing source games. Also do you have a server. Makes sure you get all those things sorted out before you really get started.

1 hour ago, Cyber Commander said:

Quick thing before you do this what do you plan on using for in game comms. And don't say Skype because Skype is terrible while playing source games. Also do you have a server. Makes sure you get all those things sorted out before you really get started.

I'm using Mumble. :T

Imma see if I can get a server by tomorrow.

9 hours ago, LuigiFan45 said:

I'm using Mumble. :T

Imma see if I can get a server by tomorrow.

Can we use discord instead? I don't feel like installing something new that I won't use very often.

Well if you get that sorted out I would be willing to help out but not maybe not play. I will have to reread the exact rules but I had been on a Steel team a few seasons ago and I forget the exact cutoffs for playing on an Iron team. If I did play though you'd have yourself an Engie.

1 hour ago, MoltenKitten said:

Can we use discord instead? I don't feel like installing something new that I won't use very often.

If it'll work.

Gotta change the sensitivity so it doesn't pick up background noise.

Discord will make finding fingers harder. 

As far as Cyber goes, Iron is for players with 0 league experience. Everyone else is supposed to be locked out of Iron. This new team could just hop into Steel, though. 

6 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

Discord will make finding fingers harder. 

As far as Cyber goes, Iron is for players with 0 league experience. Everyone else is supposed to be locked out of Iron. This new team could just hop into Steel, though. 

Considering the whole thing with Squee Squad I would say no to going to steel. Honestly the only reason we turn the later season around is cause we got better players rather than getting better ourselves. So for these guys sake I would rather them stay in Iron and then just help them on the side rather than than making that jump a shit start happening like it did for Squee Squad.

9 minutes ago, Cyber Commander said:

Considering the whole thing with Squee Squad I would say no to going to steel. Honestly the only reason we turn the later season around is cause we got better players rather than getting better ourselves. So for these guys sake I would rather them stay in Iron and then just help them on the side rather than than making that jump a shit start happening like it did for Squee Squad.

I'm starting the team in Iron, dun worry.

Might have to wait until next season, or until the next match after koth_ashville_rc1.

Don't think it's possible for me to get the shit together in 1 and a half days...

2 hours ago, Steamworks said:

I think it's too late for signing up this season, but you can still build the team and scrim in the meantime. 

Signups are still open from what it says on the UGC site, but the 1st week already passed, so I'll wait until the next season and get my shiet together to scrim.

Signups close on Tuesday.

Scrim a ton between now and next season to make sure you have a leg up on the competition and crush them like tiny babies.

Hi I would like to join!

Hours:960 I mainly play as scout, sniper, soldier.

I added you to friends so you could ask more questions :-D

On 1/24/2016 at 10:07 AM, D4RK said:

Hi I would like to join!

Hours:960 I mainly play as scout, sniper, soldier.

I added you to friends so you could ask more questions :-D

K, I'll check once I get on Steam

On 1/24/2016 at 7:30 PM, Steamworks said:

Signups close on Tuesday.

Scrim a ton between now and next season to make sure you have a leg up on the competition and crush them like tiny babies.

The other team my Steam friend says he's organizing had way better players than us, so I guess we could scrim against them?

Or should I find other teams?

20 hours ago, LuigiFan45 said:

The other team my Steam friend says he's organizing had way better players than us, so I guess we could scrim against them?

Or should I find other teams?

You learn more from your failures than your successes 

3 hours ago, MoltenKitten said:

You learn more from your failures than your successes 

They're better than us.

I think we can learn a lot from them

Where is the server located, you are planning to play on, because I live in Germany, so Ping issues are guaranteed if your server is located in LA or something