So... yeah...

This is a thing now apparently.

Let me give some brief background first.

I go to other forums other than this one. One, in particular, is a forum that posts encodes/uploads/whatever you want to call it for mostly english dubbed anime. However, they also have an area for cartoons as well as some uploaders/encoders/whatever you want to call them having uploaded animated movies.

Now... I already checked the rules for this forum and there isn't one that doesn't state anything about not being allowed to discuss illegal/pirated/whatever you want to call it material. So, if a moderator really has a problem with me discussing this... add it to the rules but don't give me a warning please. :nnghaloo:

Well... I was browsing it today... and...

I saw the 2017 My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie. Now I honestly thought the same thing some of you are probably thinking "camcorder"

Well... I looked at the screenshots... and... it didn't look like that to me. At all. It actually looked fairly decent. But don't worry I didn't download it. Mostly because I haven't even decided if I'm going to watch it yet or not.

Now I looked through the thread for some sort of 'explanation' and the only thing that came close was a post saying this:

1080p m8, the russians went mad. Open screenshot for quality.

So... yeah...

Wonderful ain't it?

Now... I'd give a link to the forum in question but that would break one of the forum rules.

So... about all I can say is this...

If someone really wants the link that badly... PM me. I'll share it I guess. Or I can give you the link to the forum in question and you can look at it yourself. However... be forewarned... you have to make an account and an introduction post in order to view the cartoon area. So... if you want it badly enough... it may be better to just ask me to share the actual link itself. As I am a member of said forum and can view the cartoon area.

Again though... I'm just telling you what I saw. Nothing more and nothing less.

Which is why I must preface again...

If a moderator has a large enough problem with this... then feel free to remove it. But I must ask that I don't receive another mark on my account for this and for the forum rules to be updated.

Get all angry all you want but honestly... I'm not surprised.

So... there you go.

P.S.: Again PM me if you want the link. I'm not against sharing it. Unless a mod PMs me first explicitly requesting me not to share it.

P.P.S.: If someone wants to warn Equestria Daily... go for it. But don't quote me as the source. Because I can't say definitively if the full movie has really been leaked or not. Again, I am only stating what I saw on this other forum.

P.P.P.S.: WONDERFUL AIN'T IT? *insert troll smilie here*

*waits to see what PM I get first*

:why:

• Like 2

Update:

Nevermind. I'll warn Equestria Daily myself. Though they seem to biased against me (at least when it comes to the Community Soapboxes) so I can't guarantee they'll actually do anything about it.

• Like 2

Well, maybe they'll take you seriously once your story has been corroborated.

In confirmation, yes. Yesterday, links WERE circulating to download a leaked version of the MLP Movie. The file was encoded as an MP4, and based on accounts that I could get from people that I know to have downloaded the file, it was actually the movie and NOT a cam rip.

For obvious reasons, I did not visit the site, nor did I download the file for myself, but it seems that someone acquired the master copy and proceeded to export it as an MP4 then leak it...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frécinette said:

We don't really police DMs but I'd prefer if you don't share any link.

I don't know how to take this.

Are you telling me not to and if I do I'll get banned?

Also here are some more posts on the thread from the other forum about the explanation. I already posted in an attempt to get a more thorough explanation.

For those that care that is.

This wasn't Hasbro's fault.

The Russian hackers...they got in, GOT IN AND GOT THE MOVIE!

NO MOVIE IS SAFE FROM THEM! AHH!!!

Anyways hi! Hasbro wasn't at fault this time!

I'm legitimately surprised I don't have a PM yet from someone asking me for it. :rariwat:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LostSanity said:

Are you telling me not to and if I do I'll get banned?

You won't be banned if you share them in DMs but in a general way you shouldn't share illegal download links.

• Like 2

As much as I appreciate you mentioning this, I'll wait to see it next week with my wife. I've enjoyed the series as a whole and have been keeping up with it since I first watched it halfway through second season, so I'm gonna support the studio and go see the movie in theaters (even if the movie is gonna burn a large hole in my wallet :bloomgah:).

• Like 3

I'm shocked.

I really am.

This isn't any different then when an episode is leaked.

All of you watch the episodes when they're leaked.

Yet no one has asked me for it.

This fandom confounds me.

:toomuch:

Anyway... I was talking to someone on Skype today who's also a member of the forum in question...

It seems as though the leak involves Russian hackers somehow.

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED? :doublefacehoof:

• Like 1

I have plans to watch the movie in a nearby theater this weekend, grab lunch and make a whole day out of it, possibly making a couple of new associates in the process.  

A Russian hacker can't do anything like that for me with an illegal download so I'll abstain from watching one.

• Like 2

You know, with the amount of Russian hackers that exist, it makes me wonder what their technical education is like, because I can't imagine hacking being that easy. :ponder:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LPS Monsterpawz said:

YOU KIDDING ME!? No wonder why people love Russian hackers.

Fixed it for you!

9 hours ago, Toki Zensekai said:

You know, with the amount of Russian hackers that exist, it makes me wonder what their technical education is like, because I can't imagine hacking being that easy. :ponder:

Well comrade what can I say. They take education very seriously in the post-apocalyptic-communist dystopia of Russia. Also it's pure PC culture there.

• Like 1

Now this is the fandom I've come to know.

I aim to please. :notimpressed:

Though... I guess I did forget to mention...

Getting it... can be... convoluted.

Whoops.

:confused:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

Their security is more a 'suggestion', isn't it.

Their security has been replaced this year by ponies. All you have to do is ask them real nicely.  What pony would not help out a friend?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

Their security has been replaced this year by ponies. All you have to do is ask them real nicely.  What pony would not help out a friend?

Friendship IS magic, after all

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

Pharynx: Do NOT tell me you gave the mastering of the movie to a complete and utter stranger.

Thorax: Um...

Pharynx: :doublefacehoof:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

Pharynx: Do NOT tell me you gave the mastering of the movie to a complete and utter stranger.

Thorax: Um...

Pharynx: :doublefacehoof:

thorax-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magiBut stranger is just a friend you haven't met already! That's what Twilight's Manifesto says.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

thorax-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magiBut stranger is just a friend you haven't met already! That's what Twilight's Manifesto says.

small.png

,,,,,Riiiiight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Hey I just notice that the "I never watch leaked stuff" guy is the one offering leaks.Well ain't that hilarious?

You got me there.

Honestly though... this is a little different then the episodes. For me anyway.

I'd be lying if I said wasn't tempted to watch it via the leak as well.

But considering the fact I still don't know if I even want to watch it... I chose this instead.

Though if I decide to watch it, it'll likely be this method.