Sign in to follow this  
Bread

What do you think about this (+18)

6 minutes ago, Light Landstrider said:

I saw Head split at the beginning of the video, I immediately clicked away, fuck that.

Well I said everywhere that this is not easy, but the hard thing is that he was alive for 4 days, and awake while he was taken out of the water.

Just now, MoltenKitten said:

I still can't believe he survived that

As I said, for 4 days, then he died.

Guess with today's technology it would be different and he would have completely survived.

1 hour ago, Decoy Octopus said:

As I said, for 4 days, then he died.

Guess with today's technology it would be different and he would have completely survived.

I should learn to read more than the OP

I could have swore he survived more than 4 days though

Suddenly a random gore post?

I found an obscure unsourced forum post regarding the video.

Here's the interesting bits:

This is one of the latest viral videos going around. It actually appeared on the Net around the third week of July, but it's only started going viral in a huge way since the second week of September. In general, the video never has a name.

A teenager, a 16 year old boy, dives off the seaside promenade in Beirut and slips before the dive. The slip causes him to miss the ocean and instead hit the concrete slab below where fishermen fish. He hits the concrete face first, then goes into the ocean. In a short while, the ocean for yards around has turned red with blood. There are people and boats in the water trying to help the guy and girls are screaming all over the place.
The scene then shifts to a hospital where the poor guy is being overseen by a team of doctors and nurses. His face has been split clear in two down the middle vertically!
He is still alive and conscious, he's still breathing, and his eyes are still moving around. He looks terrified. A couple of times, the doctor takes the sides of his face and pushes them together to make a whole face again. The doctor supposedly says, "Where do I begin?" a few times in Arabic.

There are a lot of rumors saying that this video is fake, but apparently it is a real video. This event occurred in Beirut in the second week of June 2009. The teenager and his brother were showing off their diving skills by diving off the Manara Promenade, which is right across from the American University on the shore of Beirut's harbor. This part of the Promenade is called Al-Rawsha, and it's long been popular with divers, although officials have always frowned on it.It's a long way off the Manara Promenade to the sea, over 40 feet. The first part of the video shows his brother making a successful dive. He and his brother had made several jumps before and everything had gone fine, but this time he slips and disaster unfolds. This part was shot with a Nokia cellphone which shoots dark in the afternoon. This segment was shot by a girl at the scene who can be heard screaming, "Oh my God! Oh my God! Someone call the Civil Defense!" in Arabic.

The second part of the clip is the same kid in the hospital, but was shot with a different cellphone so it's looks different. The hospital staff is definitely speaking Lebanese Arabic. This part of the clip was shot in the brightly lit ER of the American University Hospital, which is only ¼ mile away from where the accident took place. That's why things are so much brighter in this part of the clip.People are saying that there is no way that such a clip could have been shot in an ER, however, in the Developing World, it is quite common for family, friends, etc. to be present in the ER right next to the patient's bed as the staff hovers around them. It's also not uncommon that they have a cellphone on them and record the goings-on. That would probably be pretty weird in the US, but in the Arab World, no one thinks anything of it.
As you can see, they have him intubated, which is an excellent idea. However, he is not on a ventilator, nor are there any signs of monitoring equipment such a pulse oximeter. The physician is focusing on holding his face together in order to protect the airway.All the surgeons could do was to stitch up his very deep and severe wounds in his face. Although some clinicians on the Net have said that a good ENT could patch this kid up good, this poor guy could not be saved. All they were able to do was to keep him alive in the ICU for two days before he died.
The city of Beirut has tried to stop such nonsense by putting up railings and barbed wire where people like to dive, but teenage boys and even young men in their 20's keep on diving off the Promenade in very risky circumstances. Before this accident, there were a number of other horrible diving accidents in this area, all involving teenage boys and young men.Sources in Lebanon who were there at the promenade and witnessed the dive accident claim that the word on the street in Lebanon say is that the second half was shot in the hospital and is footage of aftermath of the diving accident.

Again, no sources, it's from an obscure place, and it appears to be referring to a longer version of the video, but it's the closest thing I could find. Believe it if you want.

Don't jump off of dangerous places.

And if you do, do it in a place with good healthcare.

Well I'm glad I just read the posts and didn't watch the video. I think I would've lost my appetite for lunch.

*Sigh* Sadly foolish people will be foolish, but maybe this video, which has claimed to have gone viral, will put some sense into some of these people.

17 hours ago, DictatorTurkey said:

Suddenly a random gore post?

I found an obscure unsourced forum post regarding the video.

Here's the interesting bits:

Again, no sources, it's from an obscure place, and it appears to be referring to a longer version of the video, but it's the closest thing I could find. Believe it if you want.

Don't jump off of dangerous places.

And if you do, do it in a place with good healthcare.

Out of curiosity how did you find that forum? I actually use that forum.

4 hours ago, MoltenKitten said:

Out of curiosity how did you find that forum? I actually use that forum.

I did a search with some keywords related to the video.

2 hours ago, Vin said:

But I wanna jump of a cliffffff because its fuuuuuun :kdR94:

Well this is just a reminder that you should only jump of marked cliffs that are safe, he would probably live if he hadn't slipped.

So yeah if you do it do it save.

1 hour ago, Decoy Octopus said:

Well this is just a reminder that you should only jump of marked cliffs that are safe, he would probably live if he hadn't slipped.

So yeah if you do it do it save.

Can't tell if you got the sarcasm or... nvm:newspaper: