Spider

annoying enemies

This guy, Blockhead Grande from Okami:

I don't know of anyone who can actually beat this guy fair & square, as most resort to recording the sequence of weak points on their phones and then playing it back for a  cheap-yet-easy win.  

I don't have a smart phone so I had to resort to taping plastic wrap to my tv screen, physically numbering each of his weak points and then striking them.  I think that's the most trouble I've ever to go through to beat a video game character.

• Like 2

what about enemies who actually mess with the game itself (im thinking of that one guy from metal gear)

• Like 2

Personally, I found the Cliff Racers in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind to be the most vexatious enemies I ever encountered in a video game.  Those damn things frequently interrupted me when I was exploring Vvardenfell.

ee1bb3eff0f75e6debc4c1964d6dc9f0398d8e7c

• Like 1

Any Soviet with a PPSH-41 upgraded to have a 71-round drum magazine on Red Orchestra 2. The MG42 can be annoying too since you have an insane firerate, can one-shot most of the time (PPSH usually requires two to kill, usually), but has the added bonus of both an overheating barrel and insane recoil/terrible hipfire. I've noticed both the PPSH-41 and MG42 have terrible hipfire, like most other weapons (Excluding MG34).

The American who gets the flamethrower class can be annoying, too. But luckily there's only 1 per group, if I recall correctly. Luckily they're easy to see, look for a massive stream of fire.

>Light touch of a single flame

>Character falls down screaming and rolling around

• Like 1

Anytime wolves get something scary like FIR2 or worse when playing Final Fantasy I Randomizer, especially since I always like to play using 20% - 500% enemy stats and using an all White Mage party.

That, or when Dark Knight Cecil is gating Underworld access in a hook seed in FFIV Free Enterprise...

• Like 1

Anytime in FF4FE that you finally realize Dark Knight Cecil is holding that ONE key item you need to progress, or even the Crystal itself, the N2 flag is active, and he's in scary spot like on the moon, the Leviathan spot, or the Odin spot (or in the Elements spot if playing with the V2 flag on, or the Rubicante spot if you have the B2 flag on and you got a Hook seed on your hands), or an annoying spot like the Dr. Lugae spot up atop the Tower of Babil.

The same goes for Kainazzo if he's in the Elements spot or on the moon, seeing as his Big Wave's damage is based on his HP, and Kainazzo in one of those locations can easily do 2000-4000 HP damage per wave.

Also, finding Wyvern or Valvalis (if you have mage-heavy party and no Kain) anywhere other than the Mt. Ordeals trial room.

Basically, you WILL get wrecked in one of these fights unless you have insane levels and gear.

...However, it is VERY hilarious to fight Odin or Yang as the back-attack boss battle on Mt. Ordeals bridge (the Milon Z spot). They both have attacks where they fly at the party, but the programmers never intended for them to go left, so when they launch those attacks (Zantetsuken and Kick, respectively), they'll instead go off the right side of the screen, re-appear on the left, then hit the party before zipping back off the left side to the right side and back to their original spot, as though they went around the world to whack you. :awesomecheer:

• Like 1