Cinder Vel

The Final Leak, All Episodes Are Out

:dafuq:
They did it. The maniacs did it. Whole season 7 has now been leaked, every single remaining episode from 23 to 26 (maybe even more). If this season was a ship it would be made out of Swiss cheese and floating to the bottom because of all the leaks. Secrets and Pies, Uncommon Bond and Shadow Play 1-2 are all out and ready to be watched.  

So here is a thread to keep all the spoilers in one place until each episode gets their own proper thread. And yes I enjoyed all the leaked episodes, thanks for wondering.  

• Like 3

Thoughts on Shadow Play:

1. OMG -- STAR SWIRL HELPED CREATE THE TREE OF HARMONY!

2. Who'd have thunk Somnambula's voice would sound just like Zecora's?

3. OMGWTFBBQ -- THE SIRENS! (Guess FIENDship Is Magic #3 is officially non-canon now.)

4. Pony Of Shadows, Y U just a complete ripoff of Nightmare Moon? (But at least his design was cool -- dat Alicorn Venom, tho.) I was hoping he'd be more like Sombra (at least he was a uniquely intelligent threat to compensate for his lack of character (pre-FIENDship, that is)).

• Like 1

Only seen Secrets and Pies, because that was an episode I've been dreading since it was announced

Holy shit I've never been so happy to be proven wrong, that was one of the funniest episodes of the season. Fun characters and funny scenes, full of energy, it feels great and adorable ending. That nightmare sequence Pinkie had of Evil Rainbow Dash had me dying

Like, if Josh Hamilton comes back for Season 8, can we have him do all the Rainbow Dash related episodes from now on?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Megas75 said:

Only seen Secrets and Pies, because that was an episode I've been dreading since it was announced

Hide contents

Holy shit I've never been so happy to be proven wrong, that was one of the funniest episodes of the season. Fun characters and funny scenes, full of energy, it feels great and adorable ending. That nightmare sequence Pinkie had of Evil Rainbow Dash had me dying

Like, if Josh Hamilton comes back for Season 8, can we have him do all the Rainbow Dash related episodes from now on?

The moral: "Pie is love, pie is life."

:ajlol:

• Like 2

It's easier for me just to wait for the episodes to air on U.S. TV.

The movie is a completely different situation altogether.

• Like 1

I succumbed to the lure of leaked episodes... It's a bag of hits and misses, mostly hits, if you ask me... But... Holy shit. It's a season finale I actually like. What sorcery has DHX been up to? I dare say that I would've preferred to see that in the theater instead of the actual movie. Man, I do not regret seeing it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Secrets & Pies Episode Spoilers

Hide contents

Didn't they already use the "Tell your friends how you feel." moral?

Yep, they did. Doesn't mean that they can't do it again.

Also I keep forgetting how to hide contents!

• Like 1

I originally wasn't going to watch them, but then a Facebook Brony group I follow posted a picture that I thought was a screenshot and spoiled the season finale to some extent so I buckled down and watches them all last night (figures the post wasn't actually a screenshot, but what are ya gonna do?)

And I thought they were all pretty good for the most part. I liked the idea and moral of Uncommon Bond and thought it was cool that it led directly into the finale. I didn't expect it at all and it was a welcome surprise. The only episode I had a bit of a problem with was Secrets and Lies and it's for basically the same reason that everyone else said, we already did the whole "Tell your friends how you feel" thing as early back as "Green Isn't Your Color" In Season 1. But in the end, I still found the episode enjoyable and funny and that coupled with GIYC being the same moral but with two different characters gives it a pass for me.

I thought the finale was great. I found Starlight giving her insight to Twilight to be a nice change of pace and a great way to show the growth of her character. It'll also be interesting to see how Equestria will change with Starswirl and the other legends back (but mostly Starswirl). All around great finale to a great season.

• Like 1

I only have one question about the finale. I still plan on waiting though.

I suppose it's up to those that have already watched the leak version to answer me or not.

Are there Kingdom Hearts references? Or is it similar to the 'darkness' of the Kingdom Hearts series?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LostSanity said:

I suppose it's up to those that have already watched the leak version to answer me or not.

Reveal hidden contents

Are there Kingdom Hearts references? Or is it similar to the 'darkness' of the Kingdom Hearts series?

IDK (Also, how do you do the hidden comments thing?)

27 minutes ago, LPS Monsterpawz said:

IDK (Also, how do you do the hidden comments thing?)

You use the spoiler tag. Enter two [][], add the text you want in between, put spoiler in the first bracket, then /spoiler in the second.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

You use the spoiler tag. Enter two [][], add the text you want in between, put spoiler in the first bracket, then /spoiler in the second.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Those are brackets. [ ] [ ]. Sorry, I put them too close.

As mentioned earlier, you add the text you want in between, put spoiler in the first bracket, then /spoiler in the second.

4 hours ago, LostSanity said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think there is.

I went through the episodes on Saturday, and I had a lot to talk about them.

Secrets & Pies:

Spoiler

This one stunk. Badly. Pinkie's characterization is the worst of the season; the fact that she fell for all of Dash's tricks for so long turned her into a mega-idiot. The entire story is a stretched-out, paper-thin ripoff of Party of One. Rainbow Dash (as wrong as she was for lying and betraying Pinkie's trust) had to undergo the same shtick of having to be taught a lesson. Almost every joke sucked. They either stretched for far too long (Dash's "look at that!" was repetitive and got old after the first time), degraded characterization (Dash throwing a pie down Tank's feeding chute again to escape the pie gift. VERY OOC of her to overlook Tank's health!), or were just gross (Pinkie's big-lipped face, her fatigued eyes, and the dumpster pie).

The only redeeming values here are Pinkie's imagination creating the evil Dash in her memory, Twilight and AJ, the moral itself, and Pinkie waking up Dash.

No, it's not awful, so no F grade. But it's a bad one. Easily Hamilton's worst episode so far.

Uncommon Bond:

Spoiler

This one is excellent. To get a couple of problems out of the way, the montage was a little too repetitive with the same exact score. Varying things a little would make the meetups with Twilight, Trixie, and Maud a little more asymmetrical. The repetitive dialogue hammered in the "(not in) common" aspect too much.

Other than that, there were a lot of really great things. Starlight was excellent here. Everything about her screamed childlike. Giddy, happy, and really depressed when she feared her friendship with Sunburst ebbed away. Her friendship with those three was examined further when Sunburst was added to the mix, providing great conflict. Good for the episode to acknowledge how Starlight's spell to play their childhood game was both overdone and a little creepy.

Speaking of Starlight's spell, the scene wasn't treated as a joke in any way. They played it straight and was taken seriously. Simultaneously, the viewer can understand where she's coming from. Starlight's so desperate in trying to keep their friendship intact by finding something in common that she'll do anything to remedy those mistakes. When it didn't work, it hurt her. But it wasn't some kind of scene dump or filler. They called back to it when they played the life-sized version of Dragon Pit.

Sunburst was excellent. He hit off quite well with SG's friends, but was never written as the bad guy at any point. His reasons were believable.

Trixie and Maud were really good. Some of their best appearances this series.

The resolve was also excellent. Just because you're grown up doesn't mean quitting your childhood pastimes, and being apart doesn't mean giving up on your friendship. SG zapping the floor to "trap" the dragon was funny. XD

Finally, Shadow Play:

Spoiler

Wow. Just…wow.

Spoiler

What a pile of complete amazing! :D

During the season, many of the episodes don't treat the conflict as one side completely good and bad. Parental Glideance, Perfect Pear, To Change, Marks & Recreation, Zeppelin, Health of Information, and Uncommon Bond show that stories don't have to have one side painted bad to write great stories and teach lessons to kids. Even when a character is written to be in the wrong, you see where they're coming from. Shadow Play does this in the grandest way. No side is treated 100% in the right or wrong. Sure, heroes and villains are established, but neither side is confined to a vacuum. There are shades of gray.

FIM has many strengths; villains traditionally aren't. Starlight and Discord are the best ones in the series, yet had some problems. Discord with his expository backstory. Starlight's backstory being brief and self-contained. Haber was able to fix those issues with Stygian, the most complex — and perhaps best — villain of the show. When the episode showed the flashback of Stygian becoming the Pony of Shadows, it was as straightforward as Nightmare Moon's. But as SP progressed, so do his backstory and character. More and more pieces become added into the puzzle. The clever twist to turn the episode into a friendship problem connected the main plot to Starlight and the personal touches that followed.

Speaking of Starlight, she was absolutely magnificent here. The episode didn't insert her into a primary role immediately. It took the map calling the RM6 to where she becomes an integral piece of the story, but it does it so seamlessly that it feels like she was there the whole time. She recognized the oddity, became the voice of reason, and was able to retrieve more pieces of the puzzle. Stygian's backstory paralleling SG's isn't an accident. Out of everyone there, she's the only one who understood him, even though she didn't know him. When Star Swirl judged him as irredeemable, it cut into her so deeply, she cried.

Twilight's actions make sense. Her longtime idol was stuck in limbo for over a millennium, and she only wanted to help him and the rest of the pillars. She believed that by releasing them from their prison, they're free. When SS criticized her for her mistake, she felt so embarrassed and ashamed that she'll do whatever it takes to impress him and save Equestria simultaneously. Not the right mindset, but very believable.

Her best moment, though, is when she stopped the Friendship Cannon when she saw Stygian struggle to free himself from the PoS. Someone was trying to free himself from the cloud of anger and revenge, but couldn't do it. She (and later Starlight) had to talk to him like an equal to help convince him to give up being the Pony of Shadows.

This is on top of the witty dialogue (some of the series's best), excellent comedy, how everyone matters here, the excellent pacing, and how deep the plot is. I could explain so much, but I'll stop here. This episode floored me the first time, and it gets better upon every rewatch. Re-Mark, stand aside! You're eclipsed by the both the new best two-part finale of the series and one of the eight best episodes of the show.

In case you're curious, here are my grades for each. Also under the tag:

Spoiler
  • Secrets & Pies: D
  • Uncommon Bond: A-
  • Shadow Play: A+

SP's only the eighth episode with an A+. I'll have to think about where to place it.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LostSanity said:

Hide contents

I don't think so. They kept the idea of darkness pretty vague so it can probably be interpreted that way, but I personally didn't see anything that screamed "KH reference"